National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or commonly known as NEET is a National level Entrance Examination for undergraduate medical courses like MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery). It is conducted by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) every year across cities. The testing partner for NEET is Prometric Pvt Ltd that has its headquarters in the USA. In this article, We are going to describe you all about NEET 2018.
From the year 2016, NEET has come to replace the earlier conducted examination called AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test) and other small medical tests for admission into various Medical and dental colleges in India. Since then many medical and dental colleges consider the NEET score to give admissions to students. Supreme Court has announced that Aadhaar Card is not mandatory to fill the NEET 2018 Application Form.
- 1 NEET UG 2018 Updates
- 2 Important Dates For NEET 2018
- 3 NEET 2018 Result
- 4 NEET UG 2018 Answer Key
- 5 Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2018 Exam
- 6 NEET 2018 Application Form
- 7 Application Fees For NEET 2018
- 8 Admit Card for NEET 2018
- 9 Exam Syllabus of NEET 2018
- 10 Exam Pattern of NEET 2018
- 11 NEET 2018 Answer Key
- 12 Counselling Process for NEET 2018 Exam
- 13 Seats Offered by NEET
- 14 Previous Year Cut Off for NEET 2018
- 15 Facility of Common Service Centres
- 16 FAQs Related to NEET 2018 Examination
NEET UG 2018 Updates
NEET UG 2018 Result has been declared by CBSE on 4th June 2018 at 12:20 PM. To check and download the NEET UG Result 2018 – Visit the “NEET Result 2018” section given below.
In his tweet, Anil Swarup has confirmed that CBSE, official authority to conduct NEET UG 2018 Exam, will declare NEET UG 2018 Result on 4th June 2018 instead of 5th June 2018. Link to check and download the NEET UG 2018 Result will be provided in the “NEET UG 2018 Result” section given below. Candidates can check and download their respective NEET Result 2018 by visiting the result section in this article. For more updates and information on NEET UG Result 2018 – visit the “NEET UG 2018 Result” section given below.
Total 13,26,725 candidates registered for NEET UG 2018 Exam. Among them, the number of male applicants is 5,80,648 and female applicants is 7,46,076. NEET UG 2018 Exam is going to be held in 2255 exam centres across 136 cities in all over India.
CBSE, the official examination conducting authority, has released the official Notification for NEET 2018. Check the Notification by Clicking here.
Important Dates For NEET 2018
Here are some of the important dates that candidates need to note:
|Release of online application form||8th February 2018|
|Last date for filling the application form||12th March 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||13th March 2018|
|Application Form Correction||15th March 2018 to 17th March 2018|
|Release of admit card||17 April 2018|
|Date of NEET 2018 examination||6th May 2018|
|Display of Answer key/OMR sheet||2nd week of June, 2018|
|Announcement of NEET UG 2018 results||4th June 2018|
|Beginning of counselling||After result is declared|
NEET 2018 Result
NEET UG Result 2018 has been declared in online mode on 4th June 2018. Candidates must visit the link given below to access the result. CBSE will be responsible for uploading the NEET 2018 Result on the official website www.cbseneet.nic.in. The date of declaration of NEET Result 2018 has been rescheduled. Instead of 5th June 2018, the NEET UG 2018 Result is going to release on 4th June 2018 in online mode. Candidates who took the NEET Result 2018 can access their result by entering date of birth and roll number. CBSE will prepare a merit list and there will be no separate category list of results. Based on the NEET Result 2018, the official admission authority will determine the cut-off and prepare the merit list. The record of NEET is preserved for 60 days from the date of announcement of the result.
To check and download NEET UG Result 2018 – Click Here
NEET UG 2018 Answer Key
As per the notification released on 24th May 2018, Candidates can check the NEET UG official answer key 2018 along with their scanned images of OMR response sheet and test booklet code from 25th to 27th May 2018 (up to 5pm). Registered candidates need to login to the NEET UG official website by entering Registration ID and Password.
To check the NEET UG 2018 official answer key, OMR response sheet and test booklet code – Click Here
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2018 Exam
According to latest notification, certain changes has been made in the eligibility criteria required to Apply for NEET UG 2018, therefore candidates are advised to go through the NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria carefully. Only those eligible to apply should fill the application form.
- Candidate belonging to general category aged above 25 years are eligible to apply.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 aged above 30 years are eligible to apply.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India, Person of Indian Origin (PIO), the Overseas citizen of India (OCI) or Non- Resident Indian (NRI).
- Candidates belonging to JK/ Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh, are entitled to an All India 15% quota, provided they submit a self-declaration.
- Candidates should have qualified class 12th board examination.
- Candidates should have taken Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject in high school.
- Candidates should have qualified PCB by obtaining at least 50% marks for general, 45% for General-Physically Handicapped (PH) and 40% for SC/ST/OBC.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as Private candidates are eligible to appear for NEET 2018.
- Students who have passed qualifying examination equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English are also eligible to apply.
Latest information regarding NIOS/ Private candidates applying for NEET UG 2018.
Candidates from NIOS and Private, when submitting their application form for NEET 2018, may submit details as suggested under the information of Class 11.
NEET 2018 Application Form
The NEET 2018 Application Form has been released on 8th February 2018. Online submission of the application form can be done by visiting the official website. Aspirants will have to register themselves first by providing the email-id and date of birth. This registration will help the candidate login to his/her account to check details regarding the result.
- Applicants must have a scanned image of his/her latest photograph ( 10 to 100kb) and signature (3 to 20kb) only in the JPG format.
Application Fees For NEET 2018
Candidates belonging to the unreserved category and the other backward classes have to pay an online application fee of Rs. 1400/-. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and Physically handicapped category have to pay Rs.750/-
MODE OF PAYMENT
- Through net banking
- Through credit/debit card
- Through e-wallet of various service providers
Admit Card for NEET 2018
NEET 2018 Admit Card has been released on April 17,2018. The registered candidate can download it by clicking on the link “Download NEET 2018 Hall Ticket“. To access the admit card, registered candidates have to enter their registration number, date of birth and security pin. The hall ticket/ admit card will carry important information like the details of the candidate and name and address of the exam centre. candidates must carry the admit card to the exam centre as the absence of it will debar the candidate from taking the exam.
Exam Syllabus of NEET 2018
The NEET 2018 syllabus will remain same as the previous years. There has been no change made to the syllabus. The Medical Council of India, after reviewing various state boards like CBSE, NCERT, COBSE recommends the below-stated syllabus for NEET 2018. This syllabus is based on 11th and 12th class topics of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
|Physical measurements||Some basic concepts of chemistry||Diversity in living world|
|Kinematics||Structure of atom||Structural organization in animals and plants|
|Laws of motion||Classification of elements and periodicity in properties||Cell structure and function|
|Work, power and energy||Chemical bonding and molecular structure||Plant physiology|
|Motions of system of particles and rigid body||States of matter: gases and liquids||Human physiology|
|Properties of bulk matter||Equilibrium||Genetics and evolution|
|Thermodynamics||Redox reaction||Biology and human welfare|
|Oscillation and waves||Hydrogen||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory||s- block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)||Ecology and environment|
|Electrostatics||Some p-block elements|
|Current electricity||Organic chemistry – some basic properties and techniques|
|Magnetic effects of current and magnetism||Hydrocarbons|
|Electromagnetic induction and altering currents||Environmental chemistry|
|Electromagnetic waves||Solid states|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation||Electrochemistry|
|Atoms and nuclei||Chemical Kinetics|
|Electronic devices||Surface chemistry|
|General principles and processes of isolation of elements|
|p– block elements|
|D and f block elements|
|Haloalkanes and haloarenes|
|Alcohols, phenols and ethers|
|Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids|
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen|
|Chemistry in everyday life|
Exam Pattern of NEET 2018
The NEET 2018 exam will take place on 6th May 2018. The exam will be pen and paper-based(offline) and will be held for a duration of 3 hours. There will be 180 objective type questions covering the subjects physics, chemistry, and biology (Botany and Zoology). The exam will be in the following languages – Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu. 4 marks will be awarded to each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of question||Marks per question||Marks|
Check Question Paper Format for NEET 2018 Here
Preparation Tips for NEET 2018
Aspirants who seek to qualify NEET 2018 examination, need to have a focused mind and strategize their preparation for the exam.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare for NEET 2018
- Earliest preparation can start by attending lectures in school that covers most concepts that are a part of the NEET 2018 question paper.
- Gathering the correct study material will help in preparing for the exam.
- For better exam preparations, candidates can also join coaching institutes that have batch wise study or go for online test series that help you take similar exams online.
- Chart out a time-table on a daily basis that gives you ample amount of time to study each section.
- Keeping yourself in sync with previous year’s question papers will help become familiar with the concepts and pattern and will allow you to practice different questions simultaneously.
NEET 2018 Answer Key
The answer key of the NEET exam will be uploaded in few days after the examination has been conducted. This answer key will be up for the challenge with a fee of Rs. 1000/-. The exact amount will be refunded to the candidate if the board accepts the answer given by the candidate.
CBSE will also display the OMR answer sheet on the official website. It is advisable for the students to keep visiting the website for more information.
Counselling Process for NEET 2018 Exam
After the declaration of results, students who have qualified the NEET 2018 will have to register for Round 1 of the counselling. After registering and filling up the choices, they can take up mock counselling, which gives an idea about the seat allotment based on their rank and choice. There are 3 rounds of NEET 2018 counselling i.e. round 1, round 2 and the mop-up round.
There are different counsellings held for different institutes and colleges.
- NEET 2018 counselling for 15% quota – Candidates who qualify the NEET 2018 exam will be called for online counselling conducted by the MCC (medical counselling committee) for admission to government and private medical and dental colleges except in the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh as these do not participate in NEET.
- NEET 2018 counselling for AFMC – Counselling for admission to the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, is also conducted by the MCC for MBBS students.
- NEET 2018 counselling for Deemed and central universities – The counselling for admission to dental and medical deemed and central universities will take place in the month of July 2018. The deemed and central universities also include universities by linguistic and religious minorities. Candidates granted admission to deemed universities in round 2, cannot participate in any other counselling.
- NEET 2018 counselling for Employees State Insurance Corporation – ESIC provides the Insured person’s quota to those who have qualified the NEET 2018 exam and met the criteria under this quota. Counselling for ESIC will be based on merit-cum-preference.
All candidates who fail to register for round 1, can register for round 2 of counselling. Vacant seats from round 1 are transferred to round 2. Candidates under the 15% All India quota who are granted seats in round 2 cannot vacate the seat.
Seats Offered by NEET
|College||No. of seats|
|All government colleges||25,840|
|All private colleges||27,590|
|NEET counselling seats||3,521|
|NEET basis seats||35,461|
Previous Year Cut Off for NEET 2018
Last year for NEET 2017, a large number of candidates registered and 5,43,473 candidates qualified the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.Find here NEET Cut Off for the year 2018.
The cut off for NEET 2017 was as follows:
|Category||Range of marks||No. Qualified students|
|General/UR||697 – 131||5,43,473|
|Scheduled caste||130 – 107||14,599|
|Scheduled tribe||130 – 107||6,018|
|OBC||130 – 107||47,382|
|Physically handicapped||130 – 118||67|
|SC – PH||130 – 107||38|
|ST – PH||130 – 107||10|
|OBC – PH||130 – 107||152|
Facility of Common Service Centres
For candidates residing in the rural areas and are not well versed with technology, who face hindrance while filling up the form or find it difficult to submit the application form and fees can go and seek help from common services centres set up across various places. The CSC scheme is a part of the National e-Governance Plan of the Government of India.
There are more than 2.4 lac common service centres that provide aid to students by filling up the application form or submitting the application fee through e-wallet. The list of these centres can be found on the website http://www.csc.gov.in. Common services provided by these centres are:
|1.||Online payment of fee||0.5% of the transaction|
|2.||Preparing an e-mail, submission of application and printout||Rs. 25|
|3.||Online claim for responses/answer key||Rs. 25|
|4.||Downloading OMR sheet/ answer key||Rs. 10|
|5.||Print out per page||Rs. 5|