The CBSE will conduct NEET UG 2018 Exam on May 6th 2018. The exam is conducted annually for admission to medical and dental institutions across the nation. The Registration form for the same has been released. The last date to register is March 12th, 2018. NEET receives around 10 lakh registrations every year for admission to 90,000 MBBS and BDS seats. This article contains details related to eligibility criteria required to apply for NEET UG 2018.
The official notification regarding the category of candidates who can apply for NEET has been published. Read below to know the eligibility criteria.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for NIOS/ Private Candidates
Candidates from National Institute of Open Schooling and Private, when submitting their application form for NEET 2018, may submit details as suggested below under the information of Class XI:
|1.||Name of School/ College||Same as of class 12|
|2.||Year of Passing||One year before the passing of Class 12|
|3.||Place of study||As applicable|
|4.||State where Class XI School/College is located||Same as of class 12|
|5.||District where Class XI School/College is located||Same as of Class 12|
There have been changes in the NEET 2018 Entrance Test, therefore candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria carefully.
Only those eligible to apply should fill the application form – NEET 2018 Application Form
Age Limit For NEET 2018
- Candidate belonging to general category aged above 25 years are eligible to apply.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 aged above 30 years are eligible to apply.
Nationality Criteria for NEET 2018
- Candidate must be a citizen of India, Person of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) or Non- Resident Indian (NRI).
- Candidates belonging to JK/ Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh, are entitled to an All India 15% quota, provided they submit a self-declaration.
Education Qualification Needed For NEET 2018
- Candidates should have qualified class 12th board examination.
- Candidates should have taken Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject in high school.
- Candidates should have qualified PCB by obtaining at least 50% marks (for general), 45% for General-Physically Handicapped (PH) and 40% for SC/ST/OBC.
- Students who have passed qualifying examination equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates from NIOS/State Open School.
- Candidates who have passed Biology as an additional subject.
- Candidates who have passed as a private candidate.