The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) is an entrance examination who wish to take admission to courses like MBBS and BDS. The exam is conducted by the CBSE in partnership with Prometric Testing Private limited. Mere appearing for the test doesn’t qualify the candidate to be eligible for admission in both the courses.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The NEET 2018 Exam will take place on 6th May 2018. The exam will be pen and paper-based (offline) and will be held for a duration of 3 hours. The exam pattern of NEET will contain all exam related details like the mode of the exam, the language of the question paper, the marking scheme, number of questions, etc.
Candidates must go through the Exam Pattern before taking up the exam.
- NUMBER OF QUESTIONS – There will be 180 objective type questions with 4 options for each but with only 1 correct answer.
- SUBJECTS – The questions will cover subjects physics, chemistry, and biology (Botany and Zoology).
- MARKING SCHEME – 4 marks will be awarded to each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Candidates will have to mark the answers in machine-readable OMR sheets with the blue ballpoint pen.
- LANGUAGES – Candidates can take the exam in the following languages– Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu.The language of the question paper has to be stated clearly while filling up the application form. This cannot be changed later.
- MEDIUM OF THE PAPER -Candidates who choose the bilingual medium of paper will be provided with the question paper booklet in both English and the selected language.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any question, its English version will be treated as final.
|Subject||No. of question||Marks per question||Marks|
Please note that the information provided in this article is in accordance with last years official NEET brochure. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the official NEET website for any updates or changes in the exam pattern.