National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 is one of the most important national level entrance exam. Aspirants take this exam to get admission into Undergraduate MBBS and BDS programme. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible to conduct this entrance test. This year (2018), the NEET UG 2018 Exam is going to held on May 6th, 2018 in offline (pen- paper test) mode. Around 12 lakh candidates have applied for the test which is going to take place across 2300 exam centres.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
To prepare for NEET, it is not enough to study and solve problems in physics, chemistry and biology only. To grab a seat in the prestigious medical colleges, you will have to build a strong strategic preparation plan. To help you prepare better, here are a few smart preparation tips.
First of all, the applicants need to be aware of the exam pattern. The NEET is a three-hour long exam which includes three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Biology. For detailed information regarding the exam pattern of NEET UG 2018 Exam, refer to the table given below.
|1.||Mode of exam||Offline (pen-paper test)|
|2.||Medium of Question paper||English and others|
|3.||Type of question||Objective type|
|4.||Total Number of question||180 (90 would be Biology and 45 each from chemistry and physics)|
|5.||Subject Combination||Biology (Botany and Zoology), Physics and Chemistry.|
|6.||Duration of test||3 hrs (180 mins)|
|7.||Marking scheme||4 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
Exam Syllabus of NEET 2018 Exam
Preparation syllabus includes the whole of class 11 and 12 standard NCERT textbooks in the respective subjects. The Syllabus of NEET(UG), 2018 is exactly same as it was for NEET(UG), 2017. There is no change in the syllabus for NEET(UG), 2018.
|Physical measurements||Some basic concepts of chemistry||Diversity in living world|
|Kinematics||Structure of atom||Structural organization in animals and plants|
|Laws of motion||Classification of elements and periodicity in properties||Cell structure and function|
|Work, power and energy||Chemical bonding and molecular structure||Plant physiology|
|Motions of system of particles and rigid body||States of matter: gases and liquids||Human physiology|
|Properties of bulk matter||Equilibrium||Genetics and evolution|
|Thermodynamics||Redox reaction||Biology and human welfare|
|Oscillation and waves||Hydrogen||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory||s- block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)||Ecology and environment|
|Electrostatics||Some p-block elements|
|Current electricity||Organic chemistry – some basic properties and techniques|
|Magnetic effects of current and magnetism||Hydrocarbons|
|Electromagnetic induction and altering currents||Environmental chemistry|
|Electromagnetic waves||Solid states|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation||Electrochemistry|
|Atoms and nuclei||Chemical Kinetics|
|Electronic devices||Surface chemistry|
|General principles and processes of isolation of elements|
|p– block elements|
|D and f block elements|
|Haloalkanes and haloarenes|
|Alcohols, phenols and ethers|
|Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids|
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen|
|Chemistry in everyday life|
How to Prepare for NEET 2018 Exam – Preparation Tips
Aspirants who seek to qualify NEET 2018 examination, need to have a focused mind and strategize their preparation for the exam.
Here are a few tips on how to Prepare:
- Pay attention in school – Earliest preparation can start by staying focused in school during class 11th and 12th during which most concepts that are a part of the UPSEE 2018 question paper are covered.
- Manage your day – Chart out a timetable on a daily basis. This will give you ample amount of time to study, take breaks and revise what you’ve studied.
- Coaching classes – Aspirants who can manage time and want to join batch wise tuition centres can join coaching classes.
- Keep yourself updated – Keeping yourself in sync with previous years’ question papers will help become familiar with the concepts and pattern and will allow you to practice different questions simultaneously.
- Practice mock test – There are various tests available for students who want to prepare themselves thoroughly. After completing the preparations, students can take the timed-mock test and check if they are able to complete the exam in given time. Candidates can also go for online test series after they are done with the syllabus.
- Clarify your doubts – Students must not forget to clear their doubts however small they may be. It is advisable for the students to approach their school teachers and tuition teachers whenever in need.
- Eat healthy – Students must make sure that while preparing for exams they eat healthy and have a healthy sleeping pattern. The entire preparation will prove futile if you do not feel fit on the day of an exam.
- Work out your own “study stratagy” – Based on your understanding of the previous years’ papers, you will be able to figure out the chapters/units that tend to be more commonly asked across all subjects. Make a note of these and keep revising them. Make sure you get your NCERT basics right, especially for those topics.
Solve previous year question paper
Candidates preparing for the exam must also make sure to go through previous year’s question papers or sample papers available online and offline. Sample papers help the students by providing an insight into how the question paper will look like in terms of its pattern, the type of questions and will also help the candidates know their time management skills.
It would better to start by practising the latest paper first, and going backward (attempt 2017 paper first, followed by 2016, 2015 and so on). This is because, the NEET patterns have been changing over the years, and the last five years’ papers will give a good understanding of what to expect. Candidates can check the sample papers and previous years question papers available online after completing the syllabus. Solving a sample paper will help the candidate know the level of his/her preparation.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern – Check Here
Preparation Books For NEET 2018
Refer NCERT books first and be thorough with the details from NCERT books as one can expect a lot of direct questions which are direct theory based or a direct application of a formula. Apart from all the study material available, students can also buy NEET 2018 preparation books online or offline from a bookstore. Students who cannot study online and prefer studying from hard copies can buy the books online.
If you have any doubts related to this article, then please write us in the comment section below.