MHT CET Reservation of Seats 2019: The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra will organize the MHT CET 2019 from 2nd to 13th May 2019. The exam conducting body will be in charge of MHT CET reservation of seats 2019. All engineering aspirants can check the MHT CET reservation 2019 to know how many percentages of seats have been allotted under each category. MHT CET 2019 will be conducted for Agriculture, medical and Engineering courses. All candidates who wish to know the seats reserved for each category can check the article here. Students will also know the list of documents they need to carry to the counselling.
Check Eligibility For MHT CET Exam
MHT CET Reservation of Seats 2019
Candidates can check the MHT CET reservation of seats 2019 in the table below:
Constitutional Reservation Criteria
The Directorate of Technical Education Maharashtra has announced the MHT CET reservation of seats 2019. This is constitutional reservation criteria for candidates who want to take admission in various colleges under the MHT CET 2019. Check the categories and check the percentage of their seats here:
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
|Categories||Percentages of Seats|
|Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Caste converts to Buddhism (SC)||13.0 percent|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.0 Percent|
|Vimukta Jati ( VJ/DT – v )||3.0 percent|
|Nomadic Tribes ( NT & c )||2.5 percent|
|Nomadic Tribes ( NT & d )||3.5 percent|
|Nomadic Tribes ( NT & M )||2.0 percent|
|Other Backward Category (OBC) including SBC||19.0 percent|
Eligibility Criteria for MHT CET Reservation of Seats 2019
Before and during the application form filling, candidates must make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria given below:
For Maharashtra State Candidature
(i) The applicant should be an Indian National.
(ii) He/she should have passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together and The Candidate should have appeared in all the subjects in MHT CET 2019 and should obtain non zero score in MHT CET 2019.
(ii) He/She should have passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only)
For All India Candidature Candidates, Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidature Candidates
(i) The Candidate should be an Indian National.
(ii) Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together and should obtain non zero positive score in JEE Main Paper I or the candidate should have appeared in all the subjects in MHT-CET 2019 and should obtain non zero score in MHT-CET 2019. However, preference shall be given to the candidate obtaining non zero positive score in JEE (Main) Paper I over the candidates who obtained non zero score in MHT CET 2019
(ii) He/she should have passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only)
For NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National
(i) The candidate should have passed the HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical or Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks in the above subjects taken together.
For Persons With Disabilities
(i) Students with disabilities will be required to produce a certificate of disability of permanent nature issued from the competent authority.
How to Apply for Seat Reservation of MHT CET 2019?
- Students who want to claim reservation must fill the MHT CET 2019 online application form that will be available online only.
- At the time of filling up the preference form, candidates need to submit the caste certificates and other valid certificates.
- Failing to submit the MHT CET 2019 seat reservation form, candidates will not be given seat reservation.
- To apply through MHT CET 2019 reservation of seats, candidates have to submit the Caste Certificates and Caste/Tribe Validity Certificate.
Authorities Issuing the Documents
Caste/Tribe Validity Certificate: The authorities that will issue the Caste/Tribe Validity Certificate are given here:
- Divisional Caste Scrutiny Committee of respective Divisional Social Welfare Office (Mumbai, Pune, Nashik, Aurangabad, Amravati, Nagpur and Latur) issues Caste Validity Certificate for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Caste converts to Buddhism, Vimukta Jati (v), Nomadic Tribes c, d & M and Other Backward Class.
- Commissioner/ Jr. Commissioner, Tribe Scrutiny Committee of respective Region [Kokan (Thane), Pune, Nashik, Aurangabad, Amravati, Nagpur, Nandurbar and Gadchiroli] issues the Tribe Validity Certificate to candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe.
Caste certificate issuing authority: Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Executive Magistrate /Metropolitan Magistrate in Maharashtra will issue the certificate recognizing the caste under a particular backward category.
Preference Form filling of MHT CET reservation of Seats 2019
- All candidates will be invited to fill the preference form after the MHT CET 2019 merit list has been declared.
- These forms have to be filled at centers located in Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur & Aurangabad.
- Candidates must fulfill all the eligibility criteria and submit the documents as prescribed.
- These documents include Photo ID Proof, Domicile Certificate, Nationality Certificate, HSC certificate/ mark sheet, Constitutional reservation claim, Specified Reservation Claim, Medical Fitness Certificate, Additional Weightage Claim and SSC certificate/ mark sheet/ school leaving certificate/birth certificate.
Exceptions for MHT CET 2019 Reservations
There are exceptions in categories for reseervation of MHT CET 2019. All the candidates belonging to the creamy layer of any category of Scheduled Tribes (ST), Vimukta Jati (VJ/DT – v ), Nomadic Tribes ( NT & c ), Nomadic Tribes ( NT & d ), Nomadic Tribes ( NT & M ), and Other Backward Category (OBC) including SBC. Such Candidates will be required to produce their non-creamy layer certificate in their name as specified in government resolution in order to claim the benefits under the reserved category. In case the candidate does not follow the same and unlawfully claims the reservation, he/she will be punished under the Caste Certificate Act, 2000.
MHT CET reservation of seats 2019 for Persons with Disability
DTE, Maharashtra will be reserving 5% of seats for candidates belonging to the PwD (persons with disability) category. The list of disabilities have been given below:
|Locomotor or disability||Muscular dystrophy|
|Leprosy cured person||Acid attack victims|
|Cerebral Palsy||Specific learning disabilities|
|Dwarfism||Autism spectrum disorder|
|Hard of hearing||Parkinson’s disease|
|Speech and language disability||Haemophilia|
|Sickle cell disease||Multiple Disabilities|
Important: Candidates with Disability must note that admission to degree course they will not be given any exemptions or additional facility in the academic activities other than those which may be provided by the respective Universities.
MHT CET reservation of seats 2019 for Defence Personnel Sons and Daughters
Similar to that of PwD candidates, there will be 5% of seats reserved for sons and daughters of Defence service personnel. A maximum of 5 seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to this category. This reservation will be available for Institutes under the CAP. Candidates who belong to these categories who are transferred to Maharashtra State but are not domiciled in Maharashtra State, or who are not domiciled in Maharashtra State but their families are stationed in Maharashtra State under the provision of retention of family accommodation at the last duty station on grounds of children’s education provided further that, such candidate should have appeared and passed the HSC examination from a school/college situated in the State of Maharashtra.
Categories for Defence Quota
- (DEF-1) – Children of ex-service personnel who are Domiciled in Maharashtra State.
- (DEF-2) – Children of active service personnel who are Domiciled in Maharashtra State.
- (DEF-3) – Children of active service personnel.
Points About Defence Quota seats
- These seats are within the sanctioned intake and are available as State Level seats. (ii)
- A combined single merit list of all eligible DEF1, DEF2 and DEF3 candidates shall be prepared. (iii)
- Candidates claiming these seats shall produce additional documents in Proforma C, D and/or E as applicable. (iv)
- This provision is NOT available to the children of CIVILIAN STAFF who is working /who has worked in the Indian Defence Service.
Things to remember about MHT CET Reservation of Seats 2019
- The MHT CET reservation will be applicable to candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria specified by respective authorities from time to time.
- The percentage of reservation is the percentages of the seats available for Maharashtra candidates, coming under the CAP.
- Candidates belonging to the backward class can claim the category to which they belong to at the time of submission of application form for CAP.
- A single merit list of all eligible candidates will be prepared by the exam conducting body.
- The allotment of seats reserved for the Candidates with Disability will be done on the basis of inter-se merit.
- The candidates claiming reservation under the PwD category will be required to submit the certificates from the Authority Competent for issuing such certificate.
If you have any query do ask us in the comments section below!