JNVU Admission 2020: Jai Narain Vyas University, formerly known as University of Jodhpur. University of Jodhpur. The JNVU got Established in the year 1962 and is functional since then. The university offers different Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral, Diploma and Advance Diploma courses in various streams. The dates for JNVU Admission 2020 is not known yet. In this article, we are giving details of the 2020 admission process, how to fill JNVU Application Form 2-020, Entrance Test, Exam Pattern and Syllabus, etc. Candidates can read the article to know further about the important dates for admission for academic session 2020-21.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
JNVU Admission 2020
The University is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is accredited with ‘Grade B’ by NAAC. JNVU has 77 affiliated colleges. It offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research programs in various streams like Engineering, Law, Commerce and Management Studies. JNVU Admission 2020 for all UG and PG courses is based on academic merit. The University accepts a valid score of MPET for admission in M.Phil and Ph.D., whereas CAT/XAT/CMAT scores for admission in MBA. The university became functional with four Government Colleges of Jodhpur which became part of the University. Now there are a total of 77 constituting colleges which are a part of the university. These colleges function under the regulations of Jai Narain Vyas University and offers various courses in different streams.
Now let us discuss the process of Jai Narain Vyas University Admission 2020 for the candidates who want to take admission in the academic year 2020-21. The candidates have to fill the online application form which is available on the JNVU WEbsite (www.jnvu.edu.in). The admission into various courses is on the basis of Merit List (on the basis of marks in previous qualifying examinations) as well as on the basis of Written Entrance Test (only for M.Phil and LLM course). Now let us discuss about JNVU Jodhpur Admission in details in this article.
JNVU Admission 2020 Important Dates
The council body of JNVU University has not given the dates for application form for academic session 2020-21. However, we are giving the tentative dates of the JNVU Application Form 2020 on the basis of previous year’s events. Therefore, candidates must check the official website to get the latest updates on application form dates and other admissions-related information. Here are the important dates (tentative) for JNVU Admission 2020
|Name of the University||Jai Narain Vyas University (JNVU)|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance-based: LL.M, ME, Ph.D., M.Phil|
Merit-based: For all Rest of the courses
|Application Mode||Offline and online|
|Application Fees||Rs. 300/- (may vary for different courses)|
|Application Start Date||First Week of June 2020 (for all Undergraduate Courses)|
First Week of August 2020 (for LL.M)
|Application End Date||Last Week of June 2020 (without late fee)|
First Week of July (with a late fee of Rs. 100/-)
Last week of August 2020 (for LL.M)
March 2020 (last date to apply online for M.Phil/Ph.D.)
April 2020 (last date to send application form for M.Phil/Ph.D.)
|Date of Entrance||First Week of May 2020 ( Only for M.Phil/Ph.D.)|
First Week of September 2020 ( For LL.M)
JNVU Application Form 2020
The applicants seeking fresh admission shall have to fill the JNVU Application Form 2020 which is in both Offline and Online Mode. Candidates can download the online form from the JNVU Official Website and fill the details. However, they need to send the hardcopy of the application form along with the Bank Challan and essential documents to the office of the Dean of the University. Let us discuss the process of filling the JNVU Jodhpur Application Form in both Online and Offline mode. Candidates who wish to apply may do so by completing all the steps given below with specifications. Interested candidates may apply through online or offline mode.
JNVU Application Form Offline Mode:
- The university will release an official notification regarding the application form, following which the application forms can be downloaded from the official website of JNVU (www.jnvuiums.in).
- The link to download the application form is in the updates section.
- Candidates must submit the duly filled form along with scanned copies of photographs and photocopies of marks cards within the given time period on the official website.
- Pay the application fee by credit/debit card or through Net Banking. The application fee can also be paid through Challan generated for Bank of Baroda or ICICI Bank.
- Take the printout of the duly filled form and submit the same to the university address.
Note: Application fee for LL.M Entrance Test is INR 2000 (INR 1500 for SC/ST).
JNVU Application Form Online Mode:
- The candidates need to visit the admission portal of JNVU.
- They need to fill the application form and upload the scanned copies of the essential documents.
- The next step is to pay the application fee online.
- Finally, they have to submit the duly filled form to the below-given address:
Central Office, J N Vyas University,
Residency Road, Jodhpur
JNVU Admission Eligibility Criteria
The constituent colleges of Jai Narain University, Jodhpur, offers various Degree and Diploma courses in different streams. Candidates seeking admission into these courses need to read the details of each course and the eligibility criteria to get admission into these courses. Here we have given a consolidated list of JNVU Courses as well as the eligibility criteria for each of these courses. Candidates can go through the list carefully before filling the JNVU Admission Form 2020
Undergraduate Courses Details and Eligibility Criteria
|Course Name||Faculty/Department||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|BA||Fine Arts & Painting||10+2 with at least 60% for All India (minimum 45% for Rajasthani Quota) 48% marks in aggregate in the Honors subject||Merit in the previous Qualifying Examination and then followed by counseling round|
|Hindi, History, Home Science|
|Music, Political Science, Psychology|
|Rajasthani, Sanskrit, Sociology|
|Urdu, Jain Vidya Evam Vigyan|
|Journalism & Mass Communication|
|Business Finance & Economics|
|B.Sc.||General||10+2 (PCM) with at least 60% for All India (minimum 45% for Rajasthani Quota)|
|BBA||–||10+2 with at least 60% for All India (minimum 50% for Rajasthani Quota)|
- Admissions shall be on the basis of merit, subject to the availability of seats and fulfillment of the conditions laid down by the University for the same, from time to time.
- For B.Sc. admission a separate merit list will be prepared for Biological Science Stream and Physical Science Stream.
- For Honors programs, students have to secure at least 50% marks in the concerned subject.
- 36% of seats are reserved for female candidates as per government regulations.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- Seats are reserved for local residents (all Rajasthan basis as opposed to all India basis).
Here is the official notification of the Eligibility Criteria for degree courses
B.E., B.Arch. and B.Ed. Course Eligibility
JNVU offers admission to B.E, B.Arch & B.Ed programs at Undergraduate level. The admission is taken on the basis of score in the national level entrance exam followed by the counselling. The Rajasthan Board of Technical Education conducts the counselling for these courses. The admissions into B.Ed. course is on the basis of the merit and the rules prescribed by NCTE.
|Course||Faculty/Department||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|Civil Engineering||10+2 (PCM) with at least 60% for All India (minimum 45% for Rajasthan Quota)||Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP 2017) conducted by Rajasthan Board of Technical Education|
|Production and Industrial Engineering|
|Computer Science Engineering|
|Electronics and Electrical Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Building & Construction Engineering|
|B.Arch||–||10+2 with Mathematics|
|B.Ed||–||Any UG degree followed by NCTE norms||Merit in the qualifying degree followed by NCTE norms|
|B.Ed (Special Education)||–|
Postgraduate Course Details and Eligibility Criteria
JNVU offers several postgraduate programs including MA, M.Sc., M.Com, LL.M, and MCA. Candidates are selected on the basis of academic merit in these courses followed by a round of counselling. Candidates must possess a graduation degree to be eligible for admission into PG courses. We have given the details of the eligibility criteria for admission into Postgraduate courses.
However, the admissions into LL.M (Masters in Law) is on the basis of Law Entrance Test (LET) conducted by JNVU in the month of May-June. LET will consist of 150 MCQs of 450 marks for the duration of 120 minutes. Each correct answer carries 3 marks and with every incorrect answer, the candidate loses 1 marks. The questions of the Law Entrance Test are from Constitutional Law, Corporate Law, Law of Torts & Crimes, Environment Law, Public International Law, IPR and Human Rights.
Here is the list of postgraduate courses in JNVU and their eligibility criteria. Candidates can check the details from the box given below
|Course||Faculty/Department||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|MA||Philosophy||45% marks in aggregate in UG degree with 55% marks in the concerned subject||Merit in the qualifying examination|
|Defence & Strategic Studies|
|Sanskrit, Comparative Literature|
|Music||A pass in BA with Music as an optional subject Or BA with Admission Test|
|Mathematics||A pass at the undergraduate level (minimum 50%) in a relevant B.Sc/ B.Tech stream from a recognized University|
|Nutrition Science & Dietetics|
|Human Development & Counselling|
|M.Com||Accounting||A pass at the undergraduate level (minimum 50%) in a relevant stream from a recognized University|
|LL.M||–||A pass at the undergraduate level (minimum 50% for SFS & 55% for GAS category) in an LLB degree from a recognized University||At least 180 (40% marks) marks in LET|
|–||Any UG degree with industrial experience of at least two years||GD/PI followed by an interview|
|MBA||Tourism & Hospitality (T & H)||48% marks in the UG degree||CMAT, CAT, MAT, ATMA, XAT|
|Financial Services (FS)|
|PGDTHM (Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management)||–||A relevant Bachelor’s degree||On the basis of marks in the last qualifying degree|
|M.E (Part-Time)||Thermal Engineering||B.E or B.Tech degree in the relevant discipline with at least 50% marks||Marks in B.E or B.Tech degree and University-Based entrance.|
Preference will be given to the candidates with a valid score in GATE
|Control System Engineering|
|Control System Engineering|
|Master of Spl. Education||Mental Retardation||B.Ed in Special Education||On the basis of merit in the last qualifying degree|
|M.P.Ed||–||BPE/ D.P.Ed/ B.P.Ed degree from a recognized university|
|MHRM||–||Any UG degree|
|Master of Financial Analysis & Control||–||Any UG degree with Commerce at 10+2 or Graduation level|
General Instructions for admissions into Postgraduate Courses
- For MBA (FS), pay the application fee of INR 1200 in the form of DD in favor of Head, DMS Entrance Test, Department of Management Studies, JNVU, Jodhpur.
- For PGDTHM (Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management), candidates must pay the application fee of INR 1000 in the form of DD in favor of Head, DMS Entrance Test, Department of Management Studies, JNVU, Jodhpur.
- Reservation is in accordance with the regulations of the state government in question and therefore varies from the jurisdiction. Generally, a 5% relaxation in the minimum required percentage is given to the candidates from reserved categories.
- For M.Sc Statistics, Students must have studied Statistics/ Physics Computer Science or Economics as the main subject along with Mathematics.
- Selection is on merit only and is open on an All India basis. However, a separate selection process is on an all Rajasthan level. Admission is always the subject to availability of seats.
- For Home Science M.Sc course, only Female candidates can apply.
- The relevance of the qualifying degree to the applied course is accepted at the discretion of the University.
- JNVU also offers an MA program under the Institute of Evening Studies.
Here is the official notification of the eligibility for Postgraduate Courses in JNVU. Interested candidates can check the details about the eligibility criteria from the official notification below
M.Phil. and Ph.D. Course Details and Eligibility Criteria
JNVU offers M.Phil and Ph.D. in 39 different specializations in the Faculty of Arts, Education, Social Sciences, Science, Commerce & Management Studies, Engineering, and Law. The minimum eligibility to apply is a PG degree with 1st or 2nd division from a recognized university. Admission is done on the basis of M.Phil & Ph.D. Entrance Test (MPET) conducted by the university. To apply, candidates need to visit the admission portal of JNVU and apply online through ‘Ph.D. Registration Link’ available on the home page. The application fee for M.Phil and Ph.D. is INR 2500 and INR 3000 with late fee charges.
List of Courses and their Selection Criteria
|Course||Faculty/Department||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Process|
Ph.D. / M.Phil
|Political Science||PG degree with 1st or 2nd division in the relevant subject or||Score in MPET conducted by JNVU|
|Journalism & Mass Communication|
|Fine Arts & Painting|
|Business Finance & Economics|
|Production & Industrial Engineering|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
- M.Phil. is available on Self-Sufficiency basis only where teachers with sufficient qualifications in a particular subject and experience are available.
- The course can start with a minimum of 5 candidates. if there are less than 5 candidates for admission, then the university cannot offer the program.
- The admission to M.Phil. course is through M.Phil. and Ph.D. Entrance Test (MPET)
- The maximum intake in M.Phil. Program is 20.
- For Ph.D. admission, candidates with an M.Phil degree are also eligible for admission.
- Proficiency in English language is a must for admission.
- MPET consists of 100 MCQs and candidates must score 50% marks to qualify the exam.
- 5% relaxation in the minimum marks required is given to SC, ST. Physically and Visually challenged candidates.
The candidates applying for JNVU Admission 2020 must attach the essential documents along with application form. The list of documents is given in the application form instructions. Candidates must carefully attach all the documents, failing which their application form gets rejected by the official authority of the university. Here is the list of documents which a candidate must attach with the JNVU Application Form 2019-20
- A copy of the online Fee Receipt /Challan Copy
- Self-attested copy of UG Mark sheet
- Self-attested copy of PG Mark sheet
- Valid Caste Certificate for OBC/SC/SBC/ST
- Certificate from valid medical officer for PH
- Certificate from Magistrate for Kashmiri Migrants
JNVU Syllabus 2019-20
Jai Narain Vyas University offers various courses at Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma levels. The Academic Council of the university prescribes the syllabus for each course. IN order to understand the course curriculum, candidates need to check the JNVU Syllabus 2019-20 for each course. We have given links of few courses which the candidates can see. In order to download JNVU Syllabus Pdf candidates need to visit the official website of the university. However, they can also check the links and follow the steps given below to download the syllabus pdf.
- At first. the candidates need to go to the Official Website of the university www.jnvu.co.in
- From there, one has to find Student’s Conner and Click on Syllabus
- After Clicking on Syllabus it will take you to this Link
- Now Select your Course, Faculty and Class
- Next, Your Syllabus will appear on your screen
LUVAS Syllabus PDF Links
|B.A. Economics||Click Here|
|B.A. English||Click Here|
|B.A. History||Click Here|
|B.A. Political Science||Click Here|
|B.A. Philosophy||Click Here|
|M.A. Economics||Click Here|
|M.A. English||Click Here|
|M.A. History||Click Here|
|M.A. Political Science||Click Here|
|M.A. Psychology||Click Here|
Other Important Courses Syllabus
In order to access the syllabus pdf one can Click on the link and select the Faculty and Course in order to download the syllabus.
JNVU 2020 Exam Admit Card
Now, after the syllabus let us discuss the details of JNVU Admit Card 2019-20. Admit card is the ultimate proof of the candidates to allow them entry in the examination hall. Therefore, applicants can download admit from the official website (www.jnvuonline) on the direct link of JNVU Admit Card. Candidates can follow the below-given steps to easily download the admit card
- First visit the official website of Jai Narain University, Jodhpur.
- Now select your branch and year and enter the following the detail and click on submit button i.e. BA, BSC, BCOM, etc
- Next step, select the download process i.e. Name Wise and Roll Number wise.
- If you are selecting name wise option to download JNVU Jodhpur Admit Card 2020 then enter your name & father’s name.
- If you are selecting roll number wise then enter your challan number and registration number.
- Now, download admits card and check out exam center and your subjects which are printed in your call letter.
- You can save admit card on the Internet for future use i.e. Google Drive, iPhone Storage.
- Take a print out of JNVU Jodhpur Examination Call Letter and keep it safe till to examination.
JNVU 2020 Exam Result
The JNVU 2019-20 Result comes after the entrance exam is complete. Or, for merit-based courses, the result comes after the declaration of class 10th and 12th results. Therefore, JNVU applicants can download their Result from the official portal. To view Result page applicants have to type all details of hall ticket and id proof such as name, seat number, etc. They can follow the steps given below in order to download the JNVU Result 2019
- Visit the official website of JNVU
- Then click on the “Result 2020” from the updates section
- Enter the Roll Number, Date of Birth and click on “Submit” option
- The result of the candidate displays on the screen
- Applicants must keep their result safe because it is an essential document for counselling.
- Applicants are informed no personal certificate of JNVU Result will be sent to any applicant.
JNVU Counselling 2020
After the declaration of the merit list and result, the final step in the process of admission is JNVU Counselling 2020. In the counselling round, the admission committee verifies the original documents of the candidates before giving then final admission into the course. Therefore, the candidates have to carry their original documents along with the photocopy of the essential documents. On the basis of the marks/merit in the examination, the council releases a separate merit list of the eligible candidates. Finally, in the counselling the deserving candidates will get the seat in the course. The counselling committee allotts them a college on the basis of the marks/merit. Furthermore, the candidates have to confirm the admission by paying the course fees as per the department/college concerned.