JEE Main 2021 Exam Day Guidelines: NTA JEE Main 2021 Examination is an online computer-based examination in two shifts per day. Regarding the instructions to take the JEE Mains, NTA has released replica for the candidates on their official website. Candidates must read this article carefully as it contains a lot of serious stuff regarding “How to take the JEE Main 2021 Examination?
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
With just a few days left for the most-sought-after engineering entrance examination, candidates must be worrying about issues like “What is the dress code for JEE Mains 2021?”; “What to carry for the JEE Main 2021 Examination?”; and so on. These questions do trouble students, and from time to time, they need a thorough remainder regarding the JEE Main 2021 Dress Codes, important documents to carry along for JEE Main 2021, what not to carry for to the JEE Main 2021 Examination Hall, and so on. Since candidates need to be focused on their Exam Preparation, this article will help will take the pleasure to assist each and every candidate with the appropriate solutions to the above-mentioned issues.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Timings
Candidates who are going to appear for the exam must not forget to carry their JEE Main 2021 Admit Card to the exam centre. The National Testing Agency will be conducting the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – January & April 2021 in Computer Based Test mode. Candidates can download their respective JEE Main Admit Card from the official website of NTA.
Regarding the JEE Main Exam Timings, candidates must be aware that the JEE Main Examination will take place in two shifts. So the JEE Main exam day guidelines and timing is given below.
|Paper||Subject||Mode of examination||Timings of Examination|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Paper 1 (B.E/ B. Tech)||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics||Computer Based Test||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
|Paper 2 (For B. Arch/ B. Plan)||Mathematics (Part I), Aptitude Test (Part II)||Computer Based Test||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
|Drawing test (Part III)||Pen and Paper Based Only (to be attempted on drawing sheet only)||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
What To Carry For The JEE Main 2021 Examination?
Candidates must carry these following documents to the JEE Main 2021 Examination Venue.
- JEE Main 2021 Admit Card – Candidates must download the NTA JEE Mains Admit Card from the NTA’s website. Note down the following as indicated on the Admit Card – Reporting Time at Centre; Gate Closing time of Centre; Date of Examination; Shift and Timings of Test; Venue of Test. No exam without the Admit Card.
- Identity Proof/Card – JEE Main aspirants have to carry a valid ID proof such as College/School ID Card, Driving License, Aadhaar Card and Passport.
- One Passport size photograph (same as in the Online Application Form) to be pasted on the Attendance Sheet at the Centre.
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category. Candidates with physical disabilities must report early for facilitation during entry.
Candidates must reach the venue of the Test at the Reporting Time mentioned in the Admit Card. If by chance, any candidate reports beyond the Gate Closing time of Centre, the authority will not allow them to enter the Test venue. Instructions have been issued for strict compliance. Students must follow the JEE Main exam day guidelines otherwise they will be debarred from giving the exam.
Check: Official website JEE Main
JEE Main 2021 Exam Day Guidelines To The Candidates
- Candidates must reach well ahead of the gate closing time because if candidates will not be allowed inside the venue after the gates are closed.
- All the candidates should be in possession of all the relevant documents such as Admit Card and ID Proofs with them.
- Exam centres will not allow any candidate to take with them any sort of fancy objects.
- Candidates must not carry any pen or pencil to the exam venue.
- Authority will also not allow gadgets such as phones, pager, or calculator inside the exam premises.
- Authority will also not allow any sort of watches inside the exam premise as there will be wall clocks in the exam rooms.
- Candidates will only be allowed to leave after the exam time is over.
What To Wear For JEE Main 2021 Examination? / JEE Main 2021 Dress code
There is no formal notification from NTA regarding any JEE Main Dress Code. Candidates appearing in the locations with lower degree temperatures can wear clothes in accordance with the weather. Anyhow, it is advised to wear something simple and formal. There is a possibility that candidates might be asked to keep their belts outside the examination halls.
Check: JEE Main Exam Live Updates
Code Of Conduct At The JEE Main 2021 Examination Hall
Candidates who will be appearing in the JEE Main 2021 examination should maintain perfect silence and should behave in a civilized manner throughout. Any sort of hooliganism will be subject to strict actions from the part of the authorities. Candidates, during the examination, must not engage in conversations with fellow candidates and should not break the student moral code. No tolerance of any sort of ill behaviors such as cheating or copying otherwise authorities will not allow the candidates to appear for the exam.
How To Take The Online JEE Main 2021 Examination?
From 2019, JEE Main is being held in an online mode, and NTA has arranged several facilities such as JEE Main Test Practice Centres (TPCs) and Online JEE Main Mock Tests for candidates to become acquainted with the exam taking norms. Given below are the instructions for taking the Online JEE Main Examination.
- Candidates will have to log into the allotted computer on the directions of the invigilators.
- Upon logging in candidates can start the exam from the specified time
- Read the instructions carefully before starting the examination.
- Candidates will have to select their preferred language
- Description of each answer will display like Green for a marked question, Red for the unmarked question, Grey for questions not visible, Violet with the * sign for a reviewed question along with answers for evaluation, Violet without a sign for reviewed questions.
- Candidates can check the status of the questions on the screen itself
- The screen will display the time in which the candidate has to finish the examination.
NTA JEE Main Centre Locator 2021
NTA has released a facility of JEE Main Examination centre Locator in their official website for the candidates in order to help them find the way towards their JEE Main Exam centre. Candidates can go to the official website of NTA and locate the “centre Locator” link. Candidates, then, can enter their allotted examination centre and check out the route via Google Maps.
JEE Main Mock Test 2021
National Testing Agency (NTA) has provided the facility of JEE Main Mock Tests for the candidates, and they can take them in either online mode or offline mode. JEE Main Mock Test 2021 will be available on the official website of NTA. This will be a good opportunity for the candidates who would like to practice for the JEE Mains with a proper exam like the setup. Candidates will be acquainted with the exam pattern, types of questions, answering modes available, norms and procedures involved in a computer-based examination, and so on. To register for the JEE Main 2021 Mock Test, candidates can simply enroll with their Google account or Facebook account or even with their phone number.
JEE Main Test Practice Centres 2021
MHRD and NTA had come up with this idea of providing a live test like atmosphere for the candidates who will be appearing for the JEE Mains 2021. This facility known as Test Practice centre, was a success as it went through trials and test runs. This is an interesting opportunity for the candidates belonging to the rural backgrounds and JEE Main aspirants with no experience whatsoever with the computer-based online test norms. JEE Main Test Practice centres are now open to candidates willing to practice for the upcoming examination with an actual exam like the setup. Candidates must register for the same.
As per NTA, the TPC facility is open to the very limited number of candidates, and, since short on accommodations, only the candidates who are in real need to practice need to proceed with the registrations. The registration process is simple and straight forward; candidates will have to enter in their name, email, mobile number, state, district, and pin code.