How to fill JEE Main Application Form 2021: National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the JEE Main application form on 25th March 2021. The registration process will available till 4th April 2021. Candidates can click on the link provided below. From 2021 onwards, the Government is conducting JEE Main 4 times a year (February, March, April, and May). The Application Form is available for the April session. However, candidates can also apply for other sessions as well in this form schedule. The mode of the registration form is online. The exam of JEE Main is conducted in CBT Mode. So, in this article, we have provided the complete procedure of how to register and submit the JEE Main application form.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
The Registration for JEE Main April Session is now open. The last date to apply is 4th April 2021. Exams dates of the April session are 27th, 28th, 29th, and 30th April 2021. Apply Now.
Schedule of JEE Main 2021
The National Testing Agency has released the official notification and exam dates of JEE Main. Applicants can check the application and exam schedule of all the sessions below.
|Release of the application form||02 March 2021|
|Starting Date of the application form||02 March 2021|
|Closing date of the registration form||06 March 2021|
|Last date to submit the application fees||06 March 2021|
|Application form correction||–|
|Release of the jee main hall ticket pdf||The second week of March 2021|
JEE Main 2021 Application Form- Highlights
While filling the application form, candidates must note down the following points.
- The mode of the application form is online.
- The candidate has the option to apply for one or more sessions together and pay the fees accordingly.
- The jee main registration link will be reopened soon after the declaration of the JEE Main result for each session.
- The exam of the May session is the last exam of the academic year. The fees can be carried forward to the next session of jee main.
- If in case, the candidate does not want to appear in any one of the sessions for which he/she has already paid is refunded back. For this, the candidate has to make a request only during the application process of the session he/she wants to withdraw.
- The exam schedule (timings) have been changed. The entrance test is conducted in two shifts- morning (9 am to 12 pm), and afternoon (3 pm to 6 pm). The exam dates of all four sessions have been released.
- Now candidates don’t require to have the name and date in the image which has to be uploaded while filling the form.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2021 (Age, Nationality, etc.)
In order to fill the JEE Main Online application form 2021, candidates have to be eligible for it. NTA set some eligibility criteria for the students appearing in the 2021 session. Without having the eligibility set by the NTA, no one can apply for the JEE Main. Let’s look at the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2021.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to appear in the JEE Main exam. Candidates who have passed Class 12th or equivalent in 2019, 2020, or appearing in 2021 can also apply.
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, as well as International Applicants, are also eligible to appear JEE Main. However, International Candidates from foreign countries must obtain the necessary marks from the board of the Association of Indian Universities.
- Attempt Limits: There is no attempt limit to appear JEE Main 2021 Exam.
- JEE Advanced: Candidates who were not able to appear in JEE Advanced 2020 due to COVID-19 can now directly appear in the JEE Advanced 2021 without taking the JEE Main 2021 exam.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates who have passed 12th Class or its equivalent in 2019, and 2020 from a recognized Board or University are eligible for the exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing 12th in 2021 are also eligible for the exam. However, the candidates who have passed 12th in 2018 or before but appearing for the exam in 2021 are not eligible for JEE Main Entrance Test.
- Subjects To be Qualified: PCM for Paper 1 and for Paper 2 science is no longer the criteria. Candidates who have 12th in mathematics but not science can apply for B.Planning. However, for B.Arch, candidates must have PCM in the 12th Class, and for B.Plan, the student must have passed Class 12th with Maths as a compulsory subject.
- Diploma Eligibility: Candidates who are holding Diploma are also eligible to apply. Such Candidates are eligible for admissions in IITs only.
JEE Main 2021 State Code of Eligibility
- Candidates have to fill the State Code of Eligibility at the time of the Registration Process. They have to choose the state code of eligibility from which they have passed their 12th Exam.
- The JEE Main State Eligibility Code does not depend upon the Native or the Residence Place of the Candidate.
- For the candidates who have passed Class 12th from abroad, their State Code of Eligibility will be determined on the basis of the Permanent Address of India provided in the passport.
How to fill JEE Main March Application Form 2021
NTA has released the application form for JEE Main March session. The last date to apply is 6th March 2021. The stages of the application form include-
- Registration of the candidate
- Filling Up JEE Main Application Form
- Uploading Scanned images.
- Payment of JEE Main Application Fee.
Step by step procedure to fill the JEE Main Online Form
As mentioned above, the procedure of the application form involves four stages. Candidates can do all the steps together or at separate timings. But, they have to remember that the form should be submitted before the deadline date. So, here we have provided step-by-step jee main application filling process with images.
Step-I JEE Main Registration
This is the first stage of the application form. The registration window looks like the following image. Candidates have to click on new registration and download the JEE Main Information Bulletin. Read the instructions carefully and proceed to fill the application form.
What details to enter in the JEE Main Candidate’s Registration?
The registration section of JEE Main is divided into five stages-
- Personal details (Candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, ID type/ID Proof, and identification number).
- Present address (address, locality, city/ town/ village, country, state, district, Pincode, alternate contact number, e-mail address, and mobile number).
- Permanent Address (address, locality, city/town/village, country, state, district, Pincode, alternate contact number, e-mail address, and mobile number).
- Choose a password (password, confirm password, security question, and security answer)
- JEE Main Security Pin (mentioned at the time of registration)
After entering all the details, review the application form details that you have submitted and do the final submit.
Soon after the registration process, you will receive a JEE Main Application Number and Password. Login using the credentials and proceed to complete the next stage.
Step-II Filling Up the Application Form
After entering the application number and password, click on “Complete application form” to fill in the rest details.
What details have to be filled in after JEE Main 2021 Registration?
Candidates have to fill in the following details in the second stage of the application form
- Personal details (candidate’s name, date of birth, gender, father’s and mother’s name, nationality, state or UT where you have passed 12th/appearing, category, disability percentage for PWD candidates, diabetic or not, place of residence, and mode of preparation.
- JEE Main exam details (Apply for, session, question paper medium, exam city choice- up to 4 options)
- Class 10th and 12th Educational Qualifications (pass status, qualifying exam, place of schooling, type of school/college, qualifying exam state, and district, school board, and year of passing).
- Twins details, and Parent’s Income details (Qualification, occupation, and annual income details of father’s, mother’s and guardian), and security pin details.
After submitting all the details, verify and check the particulars from the checklist and accept the declaration. Then click on the “Final Submit option”
Step-III Uploading of the Documents
This is the third stage of the application form process. Applicants must note that the documents must be uploaded as per the specifications provided the NTA. Candidates must check the jee main photograph and signature size before uploading.
|Photograph (with 80% face without mask)||jpg||10 Kb to 200 Kb|
|Signature||jpg||4 Kb to 30 Kb|
|Category certificate||50 to 300 Kb|
|The person with a disability (PWD)||50 to 300 Kb|
Step-IV Payment of the JEE Main application fee
This is the last stage of the application form. The status of the application form is displayed after each stage of the JEE Main form. The mode of JEE Main payment is online. Check the steps below.
- Select the mode of payment (online payment)
- choose the payment provider and proceed to make the payment
- Hence, lastly after the payment, the application form is finally submitted. Download and take the printout of the NTA JEE Main Admission Form.
JEE Main Application Fees
Replica of JEE Main Application Form 2021
Once you have submitted the application form, the overview of the application form is displayed below.
JEE Main application fee payment (Helpline Number)
If the fee payment status is not “OK” or the confirmation page of the online form is not generated after the fee payment, then the candidates can contact the following phone number.
Important Instructions about JEE Main Password
While doing the registration, the candidates have to choose a password and security question and its answer. This will be helpful in the future to retrieve the password or future logins.
- For subsequent logins, candidates can log in directly with their respective system-generated application numbers and chosen password.
- Do not share the password with anyone. You can change the password frequently for security purposes.
- Candidates must log out at the end of the session so that the particulars of the candidate cannot tamper.
Instructions to create JEE Main 2021 Password
The NTA has made some policies to create a password. Hence, the JEE Main candidate password must have the following-
- The password must be 8 to 13 characters long.
- It should have one uppercase alphabet with at least one lowercase alphabet.
- The password must have one numerical value with one at least special character from the following (!, @, #, $, %, ^, &,*_, etc)
How to reset JEE Main password?
You can reset the password in the following ways-
- Using the security question and its answer provided at the time of form filling.
- Verification Code sent via text messages (SMS) sent to your registered number.
- Using a reset link via email to your registered e-mail address
JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction
Candidates must fill the application form in one session with the correct details. However, candidates do mistakes while filling the form. National Testing Agency provides one last chance for the correction in the application form after the application procedure is over. The link is provided by the NTA on the official website of the JEE Main. During the application correction process, candidates can edit details such as paper, personal details, category, name, state of eligibility, etc. Check the segment in which JEE Main Application Correction can be done here:
- Personal Details: Spelling mistakes in name, parent’s name, etc can be corrected.
- Academic Details: School details, year of passing, qualifying exam.
- Exam Centres: A change in the exam center can also be done.
- Examination language: The language can be changed from English to Hindi/Gujarati and vice versa.
- Category: Candidates can also change their category. If the candidates change their category from general to reserved, then fees will not be refunded. If candidates change their category from reserved to general, they will have to pay the balance fee
- Change of Paper: The choice of paper from Paper 1 to Paper 2 as well as from Paper 2 to Paper 1. If candidates have applied for one paper and wish to apply for both papers they can do so on payment of the balance fee.
Steps For The JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction Login
- Visit the official website of the JEE Main
- Locate and click on the link ” JEE Main Application Form Correction” Window.
- Enter the application no. and password
- Make the changes that are required and make the final submission.
Registration Statistics of JEE Main 2021
- The National Testing Agency has released the JEE Main 2021 Notification on 16th December 2020.
- The Application Fees for General/Gen-EWS/OBC-NCL for a Single paper is Rs 650/-. Whereas, for Girls, ST, SC Transgender, there is a relaxation of 50%. Thus, they have to pay Rs 325/- for a single paper.
- Around 9.34 Lakh Candidates had registered for JEE Main January 2020 Session, out of which 15,247 Women had registered for JEE Main.
- A total of 81,413 candidates have applied from EWS Category.
So, these are the complete details of JEE Main 2021 Application Form. If you have any questions then please comment on the section below.