The exam conducting body has declared the JEE Advanced result 2020. The result of JEE Advanced 2020 is available via online mode. Applicants need to visit the official website so as to check their qualifying status. Moreover, candidates have to enter the application number and date of birth to download JEE Advanced result 2020. The result will be released for those who have taken both the papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2). Furthermore, the concerned authority will publish the rank list after the declaration of result.
Check Eligibility For Jee Advanced Exam
JEE Advanced Result Declared: Click Here
Releasing Date of JEE Advanced 2020 Result
Applicants after taking the exam curiously wait for the JEE Advanced 2020 result and they must know its releasing date. Below are some of the final dates released by the exam conducting authority.
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Examination||27th September 2020|
|Publishing of a JEE Advanced Answer Key (Final)||5th October 2020|
|Announcement of Result||5th October 2020|
|Commencing of JEE Advanced Counselling and Seat Allotment||6th October 2020|
Steps to Check JEE Advanced Result 2020
It is mandatory for students to check their results as they will come to know about their qualifying status. For this reason, they have to follow some basic steps. These steps are given below. However, applicants have to follow them in the same sequence as they are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced or click on the Result link which will be available here.
- Now enter the required details such as registration number, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
- After filling the details, click on the “Submit” button for submitting them.
- As soon as you submit the details, the JEE Advanced result 2020 will appear on the screen.
- Check all the details present in the result
- Finally, download the same
- Also, take a printout for future use.
Details Mentioned On Result Of JEE Advanced 2020
Candidates will be able to observe a number of details mentioned on the IIT JEE Advanced result 2020. Additionally, they need to check every single detail carefully. The result will display the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Registration Number of JEE Advanced 2020
- JEE Advanced 2020 Roll Number
- Total Marks
- Subject-wise marks in both the papers i.e Paper 1 and Paper 2
- Qualifying Status
- Category-wise All India Rank
- Rank secured in Common Rank List
Key Points of JEE Advanced Result 2020
Candidates must focus on the various key points related to the result, and the points are:
- The authority will not send the scorecard to any individual.
- The merit list will be prepared separately for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Class (OBC) after the announcement of the result.
- The cutoff varies according to the different categories of aspirants.
- Qualifying and securing a rank will not guarantee admission to IITs and ISM.
Calculation Of Score For JEE Advanced 2020
Candidates must appear in both the papers of the entrance exam because the concerned authority will take into account scores of both for the calculation. The procedure of calculation the JEE Advanced 2020 score is prescribed as follows:
- Total Marks in Mathematics = Marks obtained in Paper 1 + Marks obtained in Paper 2
Likewise, the total marks of Physics and Chemistry will calculate.
Further, the aggregate marks of JEE Advanced can be calculated by using the formula:
- Aggregate Marks/ Scores obtained in JEE Advanced = Aggregate Marks in Physics + Aggregate Marks in Chemistry + Aggregate Marks in Mathematics
NOTE – The concerned authority will use the aggregate marks while preparing the Rank List.
JEE Advanced Rank List 2020
After the announcement of the Result, the exam conducting IIT will release the JEE Advanced rank list 2020. Although this list will be separate for each category of students. The rank list will prepare by taking into consideration marks secured in Paper 1 and Paper 2 by the candidate. JEE Advanced 2020 rank list will be published on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the Joint Entrance Examination advanced 2020 examination.
In case one or two students score equal marks then the authority follows tie-breaking criteria to resolve the tie.
- Students with a higher number of positive marks will be given a higher rank
- If the tie persists then the student with higher marks in Mathematics will allott higher rank.
- If the tie exists then the student with higher marks in Physics will have a preference
- After that, if the tie still remains, then the student is given the same ranks.
JEE Advanced Cutoff 2020
Candidates have to meet the JEE Advanced cutoff 2020 as prescribed by the conducting body. The cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks required by an individual to get admission to the institution. Therefore, applicants need to score equal to or above the cutoff. This will eventually increase their chances of getting admission. Hence, students must perform well in the exam so as to satisfy the JEE Advanced 2020 cutoff. In addition, the authority will invite candidates for counselling who meet this cutoff.
JEE Advanced Counselling 2020
The qualifiers of the exam, who meet the prescribed cutoff have to register for the JEE Advanced counselling 2020. This counselling will organize by Joint Seat Allocation Authority commonly known as JoSAA. At the time of counselling process, applicants have to fill the choice of the institutes as per their preference. After filling of choices, The authority will allot seats to applicants on the basis of choices filled, rank and availability of seats. Further, candidates need to report at the counselling centre in person for verification purpose and they need to carry all the relevant documents.