JEE Advanced 2019: All the candidates who want to take admission in the undergraduate engineering course offered in the Indian Institute of Technology and ISM Dhanbad will be required to take the second examination which is JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced 2019 Application Form, eligibility criteria, admit card details have been given in this article. The JEE Advanced 2019 important Dates, results and counselling dates have been provided here. Candidates must have qualified the JEE Main 2019 in order to be eligible for JEE Advanced 2019.
The JEE Advanced 2019 will be conducted in the month of May after the JEE Main 2019 has been concluded. The national level entrance examination will be conducted in the online computer based mode. All aspirants will be required to fill the online application form for the exam and submit it before the last date of the exam. The conducting IIT for this year has not been announced as of now. We will update it here as soon as it is released. JEE Main 2019 details are given under various sections below.
- 1 JEE Advanced 2019
- 2 JEE Advanced Dates 2019
- 3 JEE Advanced 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 JEE Advanced 2019 Mock Test
- 5 JEE Advanced Registration/ Application Form 2019
- 6 JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2019
- 7 JEE Advanced Syllabus 2019
- 8 JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
- 9 JEE Advanced Answer Key 2019
- 10 JEE Advanced2019 Results
- 11 JEE Advanced 2019 Cut- Off
- 12 JEE Advanced 2019 Counselling
JEE Advanced 2019
- Joint Entrance Examination is conducted for admission to only the IITs and ISM.
- The Applicant must necessarily take the JEE Main and score the cut-off in order to sit for JEE Advanced.
- JEE Advanced was earlier conducted in offline mode but from the year 2018, the JEE Advanced has started being conducted in fully CBT Mode.
JEE Advanced Dates 2019
The JEE Advanced 2019 tentative dates have been tabulated below.
Availability of Mock Test
2nd December of January 2018
Opening of Application form
3rd – 4th week of April 2019
Last date to submit the application form
1st week of May 2019
Application Form deadline with late fee
1st week of May 2019
Availability of Admit Card
2nd week of May 2019
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam
3rd or 4th week of May 2019
Online display of OMR Sheets
4th week of May 2019
Release of the Answer Key
1st week of June 2019
Feedback on answer key
2nd week of June 2019
Declaration of Results
2nd week of June 2019
Commencement of counselling
JEE Advanced 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The exam conducting Indian Institute of Technology will set the conditions that the applicant must possess in oder to sit for the exam. These criteria are based on certain factors like age, nationality, qualifying exam, etc. If ineligible candidates apply for the exam, their candidature will be canceled at the time of verification. Check out the JEE Advanced 2019 eligibility criteria in the list below:
- The candidate needs to qualify JEE Main 2019. He/she should have scored the required marks and should be among the top 2,24,000 candidates.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum aggregate of 75% marks (for general category candidates) and 65% (in case of SC/ST/PWD category) in their 12th Board exams.
- Candidates should have been born on or after 1st October 1994. Reserved category i.e. SC/ST/PWD candidates will get a 5-year relaxation in age limit and hence those born on or after 1st October 1989 are eligible to apply for this exam.
- Candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in their 12th Board exams.
- Candidates who have been earlier admitted to IITs/ISM will not be eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019 Mock Test
The exam conducting authority will make various mock tests available on the official website. JEE Advanced 2019 mock test will be made available to all the eligible candidates starting from the 2nd week of December. The mock tests are made available for all the candidates regardless of their registration for JEE Advanced. Taking the JEE Advanced 2019 Mock test will prove beneficial for all those candidates who are going to take the computer-based test for the first time. With the help of the mock tests, candidates will be able to have an idea of how to answer the questions in real time and also experience the environment of taking an online examination. Since JEE Advanced has been changed to a full computer-based test, it is suggested that the candidates as many mock tests as possible to improve their efficiency when JEE Advanced 2019 will take place.
JEE Advanced Registration/ Application Form 2019
The JEE Advanced 2019 Application form will be released by the exam conducting body tentatively in the 3rd to 4th week of April 2019. The candidates must fill and submit the form before the last date of submission. The Application form will be available online only and no other mode of submission will be accepted. Each applicant will be required to register for the exam using his/her email Id and other JEE Main 2019 details. Scanned images of the requisite certificates have to be uploaded to the registration form of JEE Advanced 2019. All candidates must make sure to pay the registration fee which is different for each candidate depending on the category and the exam center that he/she has applied for.
JEE Advanced 2019 Registration fee
|Examination Centers in India|
|Female candidates|| |
Rs 1300 + GST
|ST/SC/PwD candidates|| |
Rs 1300 + GST
|All other candidates|| |
Rs 2600 + GST
|Late Fee|| |
|Exam centers Outside India|
|All Candidates||USD 160 + GST (SAARC countries)|
|All candidates||USD 300 + GST (Non – SAARC countries)|
|Late Fee|| |
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2019
To start off with the preparation of JEE Advanced, the candidate must know its correct exam pattern and strategize the preparation accordingly. The exam pattern usually includes the duration of the exam, the mode in which it is held, the total number of questions, the marking scheme, etc. Check out the JEE Advanced 2019 exam pattern listed below:
- The exam will be organized in a fully computer-based mode.
- JEE Advanced will be conducted in two papers and it is compulsory for the candidate to take both the papers.
- Candidate can appear for this national-level examination for a maximum of 2 times in consecutive years.
- The language of the question paper will be in English and Hindi language.
- The candidate has 3 hours to take the paper.
- The question paper will contain multiple choice as well as Objective type questions.
- Questions will be asked from 3 sections namely – Physics, and Mathematics.
JEE Advanced Marking scheme
The JEE Advanced 2019 will have full marking, partial marking, zero marking and negative marking.
- Questions with 1 or more correct options – 4 marks will be awarded for all the correct answers, +1 for each correct answer and -2 for a wrong answer.
- Single digit integer – 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. There is no negative marking.
- Questions with a single correct answer – 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer, 0 marks for not attempting and -1 for an incorrect answer.
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2019
The JEE Advanced syllabus will contain all the topics from Physics, chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates must know the correct syllabus and start preparing immediately. Knowing the right syllabus will help the candidate in gathering the correct study material for the exam. The JEE Advanced Syllabus 2019 for three sections is given below:
JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
The JEE Advanced 2019 admit card will be issued in the online mode only for those candidates who successfully submitted the application form. The JEE Advanced Admit card will be regarded as one of the most important documents that the candidate must carry to the exam center on the day of the exam. JEE Advanced 2019 admit card of the candidate will carry all the essential information like his/her name, the exam center name and address, the exam timing and the photograph and signature of the candidate. Without the admit card, the candidate will not be allowed to take the examination. Any request made by the candidate in this regard will not be entertained. The admit card will act as a proof of identity of the candidate. Candidates must make sure to keep the admit card of the exam safely till the admission procedure is over as it will be required at the time of counselling.
JEE Advanced Answer Key 2019
Just a few days after the exam has been conducted, the concerned authority will release the answer key of all the questions asked in the examination. The answer key of JEE Advanced 2019 will be released tentatively in the 4th week of May 2019. The Answer key will be available in the online mode only. With the help of the answer key, the candidate will be able to check the correct answers and also have an idea of the probable score that he/she will obtain the exam results. In the 4th week of May 2019, the candidate will also be sent the OMR response to the registered email Id. Candidates will also have a chance to send the feedback regarding the official answer key. They must, however, do it within the prescribed time.
JEE Advanced2019 Results
The result of all the candidates who have Taken the Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2019 will be declared online in the 2nd week of June. Candidates must login to the students portal and provide the requisite login credentials to view and download the result of the exam. Through the JEE Advanced 2019 results, candidates can check their marks in individual subjects as well as the total marks scored with the name, roll number and application number of JEE Advanced along with category-wise All India Rank (AIR) through the result. Candidates must, however, remember that no individual rank card will be sent to the candidate.
The rank list of the candidates will be prepared based on the candidates performance in Paper 1 and Paper 2. The rank list of JEE Advanced 2019 will be made available along with the official result. To access the rank card, candidates will be required to provide their application number and date of birth. Candidates must note that only those candidates who have taken both the papers of JEE Advanced will have a chance to be listed under the merit list. The aggregate marks of all the 3 subjects will be used to calculate the JEE Advanced 2019 rank of the candidate. If two candidates score the same rank, the prescribed tie-breaking policy will be used by the official authority.
JEE Advanced 2019 Cut- Off
The cut-off refers to the minimum rank at which admission or a seat to any particular college or course is allotted to a candidate. The cut off for JEE Advanced will be released online in the form of an opening and closing rank. Those who score a rank below the cut-off will not be eligible for admission. Only those candidates who score equal to or more than the cut-off will be eligible for admissions. Those who score less than the cut-off will not be able to sit for the admission procedure.
JEE Advanced 2019 Counselling
The Counselling and seat allotment procedure for JEE Advanced 2019 will be carried out by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority better known as JoSAA. All the eligible candidates will be required to participate in the JEE Advanced 2019 counselling process and fill the choices of course. The detailed instructions for filling-in the choices and the seat allotment procedure will be made available by JoSAA through Seat Allotment Brochure. Admission will be given to candidates based on the category they belong to and provided they satisfy the minimum eligibility norms and have not accepted a seat in the preparatory course earlier. The JEE Advanced 2019 counselling will be held in 7 rounds and will include the following steps:
- Online registration
- Online choice – filling
- Online seat allotment
- online Seat acceptance
- Online Fee Payment to book their provisional seat allotment
- Physically appearing at the Reporting Centers with the required documents for document verification