Indian Army B.Sc Nursing is conducted by Indian Army with the view to providing admissions to female contestants in the four years B.Sc Nursing courses at colleges of nursing under Armed Forces Medical Services. The exam is conducted once in a year. The Admit card for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing Entrance examination was available for download from 15th January 2018.
The course is currently available at 6 institutes. The name of the institutes and the number of available seats are shown in the table below:
Name of Institution
Number of Seats Available
CON, AFMC, Pune 30 CON, CH(EC), Kolkata 20 CON, INHS, Asvini 30 CON, AH (R&R) New Delhi 30 CON,CH (CC) Lucknow 30 CON,CH (AF) Bangalore 20
The application forms for the year 2018 admissions was available online from 11th December 2017 and remained available until 30th December 2017.
The admissions are decided by the performance of the candidate in the entrance examination followed by an interview. All the meritious candidates must pass a medical test after the interview round and only then will they be considered for admission.
- 1 Important Dates for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing 2018
- 2 Admit Card for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing
- 3 Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing 2018
- 4 Application Form for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing
- 5 Examination Pattern and Selection Process
- 6 Exam Centres for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing
- 7 Results of Indian Army B.Sc Nursing
- 8 Documents to Be Submitted for Verification During Interview
Important Dates for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing 2018
The following dates are important regarding Indian Army Bsc Nursing 2018:
Name of Event
|Online registration/ form filling begins||11th December 2017|
|Last date of Online registration/ Form filling||30th December 2017|
|Admit card download||15th January 2018|
|Date of entrance exam||February 2018|
|Results declaration||17th April 2018|
Admit Card for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing
The admit cards for the entrance examination was available for download from 15th January 2018. It was very important for you to carry the Admit card on the day of the examination. The admit cards were available online only on the official website. No posts were to be made of the admit cards.
The admit cards can be downloaded in the following steps:
- Click on the link to download Admit card on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Or click on the link given above.
- Enter your username and password.
- Enter the captcha word.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Download and take a printout of your admit card that shall appear on the screen.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing 2018
The eligibility conditions that were required in order to be considered for the Indian Army B.Sc Nursing 2018 are discussed below. It was advisable to proceed to fill the application form only on meeting the eligibility conditions. Not meeting the minimum Eligibility Requirements was to lead to rejection of candidature.
Gender – Only female candidates were to apply on the condition that they are Unmarried/Divorcee/Legally separated/widowed without any encumbrance.
Nationality – Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
Date of Birth – Candidates must be born on or between the dates 1st October 1993 and 30th September 2001.
Educational Qualification –
- Candidates must have passed the senior secondary examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 years schooling) in one attempt.
- They must pass the exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with a minimum score of 50% aggregate marks from a Statutory/Recognized Board /University/ Examination Body.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply provisionally.
Physical Standards – The height of candidates was not to be lesser than 148cm (5cm relaxation in case of North Eastern Candidates). Medical fitness was to be determined as per the standards followed by commission in Armed Forces. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) was to be carried out as per the standards.
Application Form for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing
After you had ensured that you were eligible to apply for the B.Sc Nursing course offered by Indian Army, You had to proceed to fill the online application form. Follow the steps discussed below to complete the application procedure.
- Visit the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Click on the Tab ‘officers Entry Apply/Login’.
- Click on the Tab “Registration”. Important instructions to fill the application form shall be displayed on the screen in English and Hindi. It is advised that you go through them.
- Click on the tab “Continue”. The registration page shall appear.
- To complete registration, you shall have to enter the following details:
- Aadhaar Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s/guardian’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
After you have entered the above details, Check on the declaration button giving consent to the organising authority to obtain your biometric details from your Aadhaar number.
- Click on Submit button. An OTP will be sent to your mobile number used for registration. Enter it and proceed to filling the application form.
- You shall have to fill the following details:
- Personal Information
- Upload scanned copies of Photograph and Signature
- Communication Details
- Education Details.
- After submission of the application form, you shall have to pay the application fee of Rs. 150/- by following the link provided on your screen.
- Choose the center of your choice after filling the DU number (given by bank on payment of application fee)
- Click on Submit. This shall bring you to the end of the application procedure.
Examination Pattern and Selection Process
The selection procedure for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing included the following three steps:
- Written Examination
- Medical test
The written examination was of 90 minutes and it was of Objective type in nature. The total marks of the exam was 150 marks. The subjects to be covered in the written test were as follows:
- General English
- General Intelligence
Candidates on qualifying the written test only were to be invited for the interview round.
Candidates who have qualified in the written test were invited for the interview round. The final merit of the candidates for admission shall be decided by the combined marks of Interview and Written test. Based on merit, they shall have to appear for the medical test on passing the written and interview round.
Once the interview round is over, meritious candidate shall be invited for the medical test in which they must appear before a Special Medical Board (SMB). Declaration of Candidates as FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/ REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD.
Exam Centres for Indian Army B.Sc Nursing
The Indian Army B.Sc Nursing written examination exam centres were located in the following cities. The convenient centre for examination was to be selected while filling the application form:
Agra, Ambala, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandimandir, Chennai, Danapur, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jhansi, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Meerut, Mumbai, Secunderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Ezhimala (Cannanore), Pune and Wellington.
Results of Indian Army B.Sc Nursing
The results of the written examination was declared on 17th April 2018. The result was released in the form of a PDF sheet containing names of the candidates who were qualified for the Interview.
The result sheet contained the following information:
- Roll No of the candidate
- Marks of the candidate
- Centre for interview
- Date of interview
The previous year topper scored 115 out of 150 and the minimum cut-off was 86 in the written test. The candidates securing a minimum of 50% in the combination of Written Exam and interview only shall make it to the medical test.
Documents to Be Submitted for Verification During Interview
The following documents have to be carried by the candidates on the day of the interview for verification:
- Secondary Certificate (class 10) indicating date of Birth.
- Senior Secondary Certificate and Marksheet.
- Two different Character certificates from different Gazetted Officers.
- Gap certificate for candidates have a gap of more than 2 years between Class 10 and 12. The certificate has to be issued by the principal of the school from which Class 12 has been passed.
- Nationality/Domicile Certificate.
- SC/ST Certificate,if applicable.
- Dependent certificate of Army/Ex-serviceman personnel
- NCC “C” certificate if available.
- Certificate of First Aid/Home Nursing from St. John’s Ambulance association if possesed by you.
- Coloured passport size photographs
- Any other certificates if applicable.
In case of doubts and questions, please write to us in the comments section below.