IGNOU Assignment Status 2020: Indira Gandhi National Open University has extended the deadline of IGNOU 2020 assignment submission for July 2020 (Annual Programme) and December 2020 session (Semester based Programme) to 10th and 31st October 2020. Earlier, the last date of IGNOU assignment submission was May 31. Therefore, all the students can see the IGNOU Assignment Submission Status online after a few days. The university has provided a facility through which students can submit IGNOU 2020 assignment for June 2020 TEE in online mode, due to COVID 19 lockdown. Candidates can check IGNOU Assignment submit status by entering their 9-digit enrollment number and Program Code @admission.ignou.aac.in. Students can also download the IGNOU Assignment Question Paper to get an idea about the format.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The IGNOU Assignment Submission Dates for June 2020 is 10th October 2020 and for December 2020 Session is 31st October 2020. Check for IGNOU Assignment Cover Page.
IGNOU Assignment Status
Indira Gandhi National Open University gives the IGNOU Assignment to each and every student who is pursuing any course from the university. Therefore, the students have to complete the assignment and submit it to their respective study centre before the official deadline. After submitting the IGNOU Assignment, students can check the submission status online after submitting the assignment. To check the status of the IGNOU Assignment Result students need to provide their “9 digit enrollment number” and select the programme code. Only those students who submit the assignment successfully will be eligible to fill the IGNOU Exam Form. In this article, we have given all the details of How to Check IGNOU Assignment Status online.
Submission of IGNOU Assignment 2020
After writing the IGNOU Assignment, the scanned copies of handwritten IGNOU assignments need to be sent to the respective regional centre email address by the students. The university will update the IGNOU 2020 assignment status after the submission of all the assignments by the students. The students can check the Status of IGNOU Assignment 2020 by visiting the official website of the university at ignou.ac.in. To check IGNOU assignment status 2020, students need to enter enrolment number, date of birth, and code of the program.
Students are advised to download the IGNOU assignments based on their programs and submit the same before the last date. Only those candidates who have submitted their assignments/ projects will be able to check IGNOU Assignment Status June 2020. Students also need to achieve passing marks in both IGNOU assignment and term-end examination to be considered eligible to receive their degree from Indira Gandhi National Open University. In the case of IGNOU Assignment Status not updated, the students can seek help by visiting the university office.
IGNOU Assignment Status 2020- Important Dates
It is very important for the candidates to know important Dates of IGNOU 2020 Assignment Submission related to assignments and project work before going through the steps to check the assignment status. All the relevant coursework needs to be submitted within the respective deadlines, and therefore, it is important that candidates make a note of these dates given below.
IGNOU Assignment Submission Date 2020
June 2020 Session
December 2020 Session
IGNOU Assignment submission last date
10th October 2020
31st October 2020
IGNOU Assignment submission last date (MA Gender and Development Studies)
|10th October 2020||31st October 2020|
IGNOU Assignment submission last date (PGDSS)
Updation of assignment status
20 – 25 days after the last date of assignment submission
20 – 25 days after the last date of assignment submission
Term End Examination
To be notified
To be notified
IGNOU Assignment Topics
The official authorities have given the topics for IGNOU 2020 Assignment for various courses. Therefore, it is compulsory for the students to check these topics and finish writing their assignments before the last date. The topics for various courses and programs are given in the links attached below. Check the topics of IGNOU 2020 Assignment from the table given below.
Master’s degree/ Bachelor’s degree/ PG Diploma/ Diploma Certificate/ PG Certificate/ Foundation
How to Check IGNOU Assignment Status 2020?
Assignment submission is a crucial part of a candidate’s coursework during his/her stay at the university. The final percentage takes into account the marks scored by candidates in assignments. Therefore, it is important for candidates to check IGNOU 2020 assignment submit status so that they are aware of the status of their assignments and of the components that go into the computation of the final grade. The steps to check IGNOU Assignment Result June 2020 are given below. Candidates can check their assignment status easily by following these steps
Step 1: Initially the candidates must Visit official link (admission.ignou.ac.in)
Step 2: After that, the students have to Enter their 9-digit university enrollment number and select programme code
S.3: Then the candidates must click on the submit button. Please ensure that the enrolment number and the program code which is given by you is correct.
Step 4: Furthermore, a new window will open with the candidate’s assignment status. This page shows the submission details of the assignment of the candidates.
Step 5: Finally the Candidate may take a printout of the assignment status for future references. This is important in case there is any problem with the submission of assignments in the future.
Details Mentioned on IGNOU Assignment Status 2020
It is also important to check all the details printed on the IGNOU Assignment Result Dec 2020. Candidates can find the following details mentioned in the assignment status of IGNOU 2020. It is advised that candidates can check these details carefully and get in touch with the university in case of any discrepancies. In case of any discrepancy, the students must immediately contact the concerned authority and report their problem. Candidates can verify the details from the below-given information.
- Enrollment Number
- Programme Name
- Code of the courses
- Status of the Assignments
- Date of submission of assignments
What does it mean by “IGNOU Assignment Status not completed”?
Sometimes the students might get the result “assignment not complete” when they check their IGNOU Assignment Result Status. This can happen at times because the usual updates of assignment status take time. Candidates will find the updated status 20 to 25 days after submitting their assignments. The assignment marks are usually updated a few days before the TEE results are announced. However, it is advised that candidates contact the regional center if the assignment status/assignment marks have not been updated for a long time.
Also, candidates should always remember to get a receipt signed by the HOD after submitting the assignments. Furthermore, they should also get the photocopies of their assignments attested by the study center. Fulfilling these steps will ensure that in case of discrepancies, candidates have enough evidence to support their claims that they have indeed submitted their assignments.
What to do if IGNOU Assignment Status 2020 Shows ‘Not found’?
There are many technical glitches while checking the Status of IGNOU Assignment. The portal might show the status as “Not Found”. Therefore, in such cases, the students need not panic. The process of IGNOU assignment status update generally takes some time. Candidates will find the updated status 20 to 25 days after submitting their assignments. The assignment marks are usually updated a few days before the TEE results are announced. However, it is advised that candidates contact the regional centre if the assignment status/assignment marks have not been updated for a long time.
It is important that the candidates must have the receiving of the assignment with them. Also, candidates should always remember to get a receipt signed by the HOD after submitting the assignments. Furthermore, they should also get the photocopies of their assignments attested by the study centre. Fulfilling these steps will ensure that in case of discrepancies, candidates have enough evidence to support their claims that they have indeed submitted their assignments.
How to download IGNOU Assignment 2020?
The official authorities will upload the IGNOU Assignment questions on their website. Therefore, it is important for the candidates to download the IGNOU Assignment Status June 2020 from the official website. They must write the assignment and submit it before the official deadline. The steps to download the IGNOU 2020 Assignment are given below.
Initially the students must visit the official website of IGNOU.
Now, under the student support dropdown, select the “Student Zone” option.
After that, they have to click on “Assignments”
Furthermore, the list of all the programme wise assignments will appear on the screen.
From here, the students must select the programme with the academic year/ session for which they want to download assignments.
Then, the PDF file of the IGNOU assignment will appear on the screen.
Finally, the students can download the assignment of IGNOU. They must take the print-out of the assignment.
How to Submit IGNOU Assignment 2020
After writing the assignment of their course, the candidates need to successfully submit it to the concerned authority. Students are required to submit their IGNOU June 2020 Assignments before the term-end examination. They can take a quick look at how to submit the assignments. Following these procedures will ensure that candidates fulfill all the formalities from their own side and not hinder their assignment status of IGNOU 2020.
- Visit the official link (webservices.ignou.ac.in)
- Students can obtain the assignments by downloading the pdf assignment file of their applied programme.
- They can also avail of the assignments sent to them by the university by speed post/registered courier and so on.
- The IGNOU assignments will also be available in the regional study centres.
- Candidates will find the dates to submit the assignments mentioned in the booklet.
- They should prepare the assignments accordingly and make sure to write their name, enrolment number, address, and study center at the start of their assignments.
- Candidates will then have to submit the assignments at their respective study centres. Therefore, it is extremely important for candidates to know where the study center is situated.
- After submitting the assignments, candidates should not forget to get their slips signed by the HOD. On the slip, they will be asked to write the name of the IGNOU courses for which the assignment has been submitted, enrolment number, and date of submission. Candidates should retain this slip for future references.
- Also, candidates should get the photocopies of their assignments as well as attested by the study centre.
IGNOU Assignment Result, Marks, Grade Card 2020
After the successful evaluation of all the assignment papers, the authority finally uploads the assignment marks status on their official website. Every candidate can check their IGNOU Assignment Result Grade Card/ Marks/ Results 2020 once it gets uploaded. Candidates can check their IGNOU Assignment Status 2020 from the link given below in this article. From there you can get your assignment marks, grades 2020. Most probably the IGNOU assignment status or marks are uploaded within 40 days. Once the students had successfully submitted their assignments to the concerned study centres.
What are the reasons if the grade card status shows “Not Completed”?
When you check your grade card status, they find commonly two types of status “completed” and “Not Completed“. If all your courses show “Completed” Status, it means the assignment submission was successful. You will soon receive a provisional certificate and mark sheet from IGNOU Assignment Result section. If one of your courses show “Not completed” status, there might be the following reasons for this.
- Your assignments not submitted on time. In IGNOU, submission of assignments on time is mandatory to seat in the TEE, and also it influences the grade card.
- You might have not attended all practical for your particular course. Contact your respective study centre for practical.
- Please make sure that you have submitted Dissertations and project on time because some IGNOU programmes have compulsory Dissertations or project.
- You might have failed in the term-end examination.
- Your programme has expired. It depends on your programme because different programmes have a different validity periods. For example: MCA (Master of Computer Application) can be completed within 3-6 years (minimum 3 years and maximum 6 years). So your grade card might not be updated if your program’s validity is over.
IGNOU Assignment 2020: Important Instruction
- Read the guideline mentioned in the programme guide.
- Students must submit the IGNOU assignments before the schedule date of Term End Examination.
- Use A4 paper to write the response, and use both sides of the paper and tie all pages carefully
- The assignment should be written in own handwriting
- The university takes time to update the assignment status. Therefore, candidates need not worry if their assignment status of IGNOU 2019 shows ‘not found’ or ‘not submitted’ for some time. However, if the status remains like this for long, candidates should get in touch with the regional centre officials.
- The passing marks for assignments are 50%. It is only when candidates score these marks that the assignment status of IGNOU 2020 in the grade card will show ‘completed’. ‘IGNOU assignment status not completed’ means a failure in the assignment and that candidates will have to write and submit the assignments again.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University known as IGNOU is a distance learning national university located in Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, India. Named after former Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi, the university was established in 1985 with a budget of ₹20 million, after the Parliament of India passed the Indira Gandhi National Open University Act, 1985 (IGNOU Act 1985). IGNOU is run by the central government of India, and with over 4 million students, claims to be the largest university in the world.
IGNOU Assignment Status FAQ’s
Other Important Links