Chandigarh MBBS Counselling 2019: Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) will be conducting the annual admission counselling for medical programmes and Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Science will be conducting the admission counselling for the dental programmes. Candidates, whose names will be appearing in the Chandigarh MBBS Merit List will be eligible for participation in the Counselling of Chandigarh medical and dental admissions. The Chandigarh MBBS Counselling involves registration, merit list release, seat allotment through counselling, document verification, and admission confirmation. The counselling procedure for the medical and dental admission under the state quota of Chandigarh will begin from the 1st week of July 2019.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, viewers will read all about the Chandigarh MBBS Counselling 2019. This will include important dates, participating procedure, and other important details.
Chandigarh MBBS Counselling 2019 Dates
The Chandigarh MBBS Admission 2019 conducting Committee will begin the counselling procedure for the medical and dental admissions from around 3rd week of June 2019. The procedure will begin by candidates giving their enrollments. Check the complete schedule for the Chandigarh MBBS Counselling below.
|1||Chandigarh MBBS Application Form Release||1st week of June 2019|
|2||Last Date for Application Submission||3rd week of June 2019|
|3||Merit List Release Date||4th week of June 2019|
|4||Counselling Rounds Commencement||1st week of July 2019|
|5||Seat Allotment Results||2nd week of July 2019|
|6||Admission Confirmation||2nd week of July 2019|
|7||Counselling Round (Second)||3rd week of July 2019|
|8||Seat Allotment Results||4th week of July 2019|
|9||Admission Confirmation||1st week of August 2019|
|10||Special Counselling Rounds||August 2019|
It is to be noted that the schedule given above is tentative. The exact dates will be announced and updated later.
Participating Procedure for Chandigarh MBBS Counselling 2019
Chandigarh Medical and Dental Admission Counselling will be an online mode procedure. To be eligible, candidates will have to score a minimum percentile in the NEET 2019 and give their respective entries. Eligible candidates must register during the given time frame. Admissions will be given as per the merit list and candidate’s preferences. There will be a maximum of two counselling rounds, and if it requires, then mop up rounds will take place.
Here are the steps to participate in the Chandigarh MBBS 2019 Counseling.
Step 1: Register and Login
- The Chandigarh MBBS 2019 Admission Application form will be released during the 3rd week of June 2019.
- Candidates will have to get registered from the official website of Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH).
- Registration will involve filling in the personal and academic details and uploading documents that are mentioned in the form.
- Login to continue.
Step 2: Selecting and Saving College/Course Options
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking will be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates will be able to choose as many colleges as he wishes.
- The options can be selected by clicking the ‘Add’ button corresponding to each option.
- Candidates without the domicile certificate will only be able to choose private colleges under management quota.
- The save option will be available for candidates for lock their options.
- Choices are to be locked at the end and candidates will not be able to make changes.
Step 3: Seat Allotment and Document Verification
Based on the Merit List, candidates will be called in for participating in the counseling sessions of Chandigarh MBBS 2019 admission. Seats will be allotted to candidates therein, and they can confirm their admission by paying the admission fees before the last date. Counseling session will go up to two or more rounds until the conclusion of the whole admission procedure.
Documents Required for Chandigarh MBBS Counselling 2019
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Candidate’s NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card of the Candidate
- Counseling letter for Chandigarh MBBS Admission 2019
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of Chandigarh MBBS fee transaction slip and application form
Seat Reservation in Chandigarh MBBS Counselling
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Number of Reserved Seats|
|Other Backward Caste||4|
List of Participating Colleges for Chandigarh MBBS 2019 Admissions
|S. No.||List of College / Institute for Medical and Dental Admissions||Seats|
|1||Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH)||100|
|2||Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Science||100|