Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is an Indian public central university located in the state Uttar Pradesh. It was originally established by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan as Mohammedan Anglo-Oriental College in the year 1875. This university conducts an entrance test to shortlist the students and offers them admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. This article will provide information regarding the overall procedure to get admission into AMU BA LLB (Bachelor of Laws) programmes for the academic year 2019-20.
Distribution of seats in AMU BA LLB
Total 120 seats are available in the AMU for BA LLB course. Bachelor of Laws is a five-year integrated course in the Aligarh Muslim University and basically offered at three location with a definite number of seats. They are as follows:
|S. No||Study Location||Code||Seat Intake|
|2.||AMU Center, Malappuram||LLBK||60|
|3.||AMU Center, Murshidabad||LLBW||60|
- 1 Important Dates and AMU BA LLB Exam 2019
- 2 AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 Application Form
- 3 AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 AMU BA LLB 2019 Exam Pattern
- 5 AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
- 6 AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 Result
- 7 AMU BA LLB Cut-off 2019
- 8 AMU BA LLB Merit List
- 9 AMU BA LLB Counselling
- 10 Seat allotment of AMU BA LLB Exam 2019
- 11 Seat Reservation
- 12 Contact Information
Important Dates and AMU BA LLB Exam 2019
The official examination conducting authority releases the dates for the significant activities for the AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 session. We have provided the tentative schedule of AMU BA LLB 2019 in the tabular format below:
|S. No||Events||Dates (tentative)|
|1.||Release of online application form||Feb 2019|
|2.||Last date of application submission||March 2019|
|3.||Application Form correction window starts from||March 2019|
|4.||Application Form correction window closes on||March 2019|
|5.||Availability of Admit Card||April 2019|
|6.||AMU BA LLB Exam 2018 Examination Date||May 2019|
|7.||Declaration of Results||July 2019|
|8.||Counselling Starts from||To be announced later|
AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 Application Form
The aspirants must fill in the application form online within the scheduled date. Candidates are advised to fill up the application form of AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 only after checking the eligibility criteria.
To fill in the application form, follow the steps given below:-
- Go to the official website of AMU.
- Read the instruction carefully and click on “Apply Now” option.
- Create a “login ID” and “password” by registering yourself.
- Fill in the application form by entering the personal details and academic qualification.
- Payment of application fee.
- Download the application form and take the printout of the same for future use.
AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The admission into the AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 programme will be granted only if the applicant possesses the below mentioned eligibility criteria and qualify the entrance exam. However, the interested candidate has to fill up the application form to attend the AMU BA LLB Exam 2019. Aspirants must be aware of the eligibility criteria before going to apply for AMU BA LLB Exam 2019.
|S. No||Particulars||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Age Criteria||The age of the candidate should be more than 22 years as on 1st July 2019 in the year of admission.|
|2.||Academic Qualification|| |
*Aggregate of 50% marks in the 12th class for the purpose of eligibility will be taken as the aggregate of best four subjects (unless otherwise specified) including English and compulsory subject(s) if any. These compulsory subjects will vary for various programmes.
AMU BA LLB 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to be well acquainted with AMU BA LLB 2019 exam pattern in order to make the preparation more effective. Exam pattern gives the candidate an idea about the mode of exam, duration, subjects and marking scheme. Candidates can refer to the following table to get complete information about AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 pattern:-
|1.||AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 Examination Date||May 2019|
|2.||Mode of Exam||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|3.||Medium of Question paper||English|
|4.||Duration of Exam||2 hrs (120 mins) starts from 10AM.|
|5.||Sections||1.General English |
2.Current Affairs/General Knowledge (with emphasis on legal issues)
3.Reasoning and Aptitude
|7.||Test paper details||There shall be one paper of 100 marks consisting of 75 objective type questions (75% weightage) and 10 short answer type questions (25% weightage).|
AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
The official examination authority will release the admit card for BA LLB Exam 2019.The registered candidates can download the admit card by entering the valid login credentials. Click on the link “AMU BA LLB Admit Card 2019” to download. Hall Ticket will carry details like the name of the candidate, roll number, date and time of the exam and complete address of the exam centre. Admit card should be carried on the day of the exam.
AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 Result
The AMU BA LLB 2019 test result will be released tentatively in the 3rd week of July 2019. Candidate needs to visit the official website and have to enter their login id credentials to access the result. The result will include the marks obtained by the candidate, roll number and name.
AMU BA LLB Cut-off 2019
The official authority shall release AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 Cut-off within a week after the declaration of result. Candidates who obtain more than or equal to the cut-off of the AMU BA LLB Exam 2019, they will be eligible to appear in the subsequent round. His/ her name will appear in the merit list.
AMU BA LLB Merit List
The merit list contains names of the candidates who successfully score equal to or more than cut-off marks in the test. The candidates shall be called for counselling based on the merit list.
AMU BA LLB Counselling
The official examination conducting authority will conduct the counselling in multiple rounds tentatively after the merit list is prepared. The complete counselling schedule will be available on the website. The candidates have to report at the scheduled venue along with the following list of the document for verification.
- Marks sheet/grade sheet of qualifying examination along with four self-attested photocopies.
- Transfer / Migration and Character Certificate from the Institution last attended (if not enrolled at AMU). If the Certificate(s) is/are not available, give an undertaking on prescribed format to submit the same by September 30, 2019.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Five recent colour passport size photograph.
- Documents in support of Special Categories (if applicable).
- Leave Sanction / Relieving Order from the employer for the entire duration of the course, if employed.
- Name removal certificate from the rolls of the concerned faculty/college / Unit (if already enrolled in any full-time course of study at AMU).
- Two self-addressed envelopes bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 22.00 each (to be submitted to the Office of the Provost of Hall of Residence / NRSC allotted).
- Two Oath Commissioner’s Affidavits on plain paper – one on your behalf and the other on behalf of your parents/guardian regarding not to indulge in ragging (Proforma given in Appendix-VIII & IX)
Seat allotment of AMU BA LLB Exam 2019
The shortlisted candidates will be allotted seats based on the merit and choice of study location opted by them. Candidates can check their seat allotment by logging in to the official website. It is a must for a candidate, who will be allotted seat, to print and download provisional allotment letter. To confirm the seat, candidates will have to pay a part academic fee online which would mean that they have accepted the seat allotted to them. The print out of admission fee receipt must be taken after the payment. Admission to the participating college will be made based on the rank secured by the candidates in the entrance test.
If a candidate is willing to get admission in under reserved category then they will have to follow AMU BA LLB Exam 2019 reservation criteria. The reservation criteria of AMU BA LLB 2019 include some specific guidelines which every candidate should be aware of before filling up the application form. The official authority of AMU will offer few seats for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories like SC, ST, OBC and PwD out of the total seat intake.
Aligarh Muslim University
Address: Administrative Block, AMU
Aligarh – 202002 (UP) – INDIA
Phone Number: 0571-2700935 / 0571-2706152
Email ID: [email protected]