AMU 2020: Online Exam Forms for Semester based courses are available now. However, the last date of form submission has been extended to 31st May 2020. Also, students who are applying for AMU Admissions in B.A. B.Sc, B.Com, and other course programs can now change their test centers. The facility will remain active from 23rd June 2020 to 3rd June 2020. Click below to apply. Exam Forms are available now. Admissions 2020-21 for various UG and PG Courses is now available. The Controller of Examinations of AMU has, in its earlier notice, postponed all the exams scheduled in the month of April 2020. Check the official notice below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Therefore, the aspirants must fill the Application Form for the Admission. The officials have released the application form for AMU Admission 2020-2021 Online on its official website. The students can also check AMU 2020 Admit Card, AMU Application Form, Result, Merit List, Counselling, etc.
Students who are applying for admission to the following courses (B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, Diploma, B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, B.A LLB, B.Ed, etc) can change their choice of test centers. This facility is available from 23rd June 2020 to 3rd June 2020. Check the official notice below-
Online Examination Form for Semester based courses is available now. The semester exam form submission dates have been extended to 31st May 2020. Apply Now for all courses and the admission process.
The Application Form for M.Tech Admission Test/Departmental Test and Non-Test Courses 2020-21 has been extended to 8th May 2020.
On-Line Registration Portal for NEET-PG Admissions shall be available from 13-04-2020 at 03:00 PM. (LINK: On-Line Registration Portal for NEET-PG Admissions)
Admission/ Department Test Scheduled in the month of April 2020 Stands Postponed!
Application form for centralized Admission Test Courses 2020-21 (Like Class XI, B. Tech, B.A./B.Sc./B. Com/B.A. LLB) are available Now. APPLY HERE. Last Date to Apply is 18th June 2020.
AMU 2020 Application Form
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is one of the oldest premier universities in India. It offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Diploma courses in the field of engineering, medical, management, law, architecture, humanities & arts, and many others. Therefore, the candidates who are aspiring to take admission in any course must fill the AMU Application Form 2020. The candidates can check the latest updates and the Dates of the Entrance Test for various courses in this article. Also, we are giving all the descriptions regarding the Aligarh Muslim University Admission 2020 which could help the candidates.
AMU Admission 2020-2021 Started!
Therefore, the candidates interested in AMU Admission must fill the AMU Admission Form 2020. There shall be no separate entrance exam conducted by AMU for Medical courses. The scores of NEET shall be considered for admission. However, one must fill the application form online for admission into those courses at AMU. The selection of candidates for AMU Ph.D. Admission 2020 into the different courses shall be decided by the score of the candidates in AMU 2020. For some courses, the Admission test shall be followed by an interview/Group Discussion round. In this article, we are giving all the details regarding the AMU Aligarh Admission.
Important Instructions for filling Online Exam Form
- This portal (OEPS) is meant for the use of already enrolled bonafide students of the University.
- Your Enrolment No. is your user id during login process, and use the password created during the registration process on this portal.
- A single Mobile/Email ID cannot be used for registering two students, Every student must have these details ready before registering on portal.
- Carefully fill all other details such as Email, and keep your password safe and memorize the same for future logins.
- The portal may undergo for routine maintenance work during 10:00 PM IST to 09:00 AM IST every day. During this period Login In and Registration will be closed.
AMU Admission Important Dates 2020
Aligarh Muslim University will announce the dates of the examination for AMU 2020 conducted for the AMU University Admission 2020 to various courses on its official website. Find the tentative last date for the submission of the forms along with the exam dates in the tabular format below:
|Course||Last Date (Tentative)||Test Date (Postponed!)|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)||February 2020||12th April 2020|
|B. Com. (Hons.)||February 2020||12th April 2020|
|B.A. (Hons.)||February 2020||12th April 2020|
|S.S.S.C. (Science Stream)/ Diploma in Engg.||March 2020||19th April 2020|
|S.S.S.C (Humanities & Commerce Streams)||March 2020||19th April 2020|
|B. Tech.||March 2020||17th May 2020|
|B.Tech. / B. Arch||March 2020||17th May 2020|
|B.A. (Hons.) Foreign Languages||March 2020||12th April 2020|
|Diploma Courses through CET||March 2020||April 2020|
|Dip. in General Nursing & Midwifery||March 2020||May 2020|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture||March 2020||May 2020|
|M.B.A. (Agribusiness)||March 2020||May 2020|
|M.B.A.(Financial Mgmt.)/M.T.T.M||March 2020||May 2020|
|M.C.A||March 2020||May 2020|
|M.A. (Mass Communication)||March 2020||May 2020|
|B.Lib.I.Sc.||March 2020||May 2020|
|M.S.W||March 2020||May 2020|
|M.B.A. / M.B.A.(I.B.)/|
M.B.A.( Islamic Banking & Finance )
|March 2020||May 2020|
|B.A.LL.B||March 2020||13th April 2020|
|B. Ed.||March 2020||7th June 2020|
|B.E. (Evening)||March 2020||June 2020|
|Pre-Tib||May 2020||June 2020|
|B.U.M.S||May 2020||June 2020|
AMU Eligibility Criteria
In order to be offered admission into the various courses offered by AMU Admission 2020, it is mandatory that you meet the minimum eligibility condition for the particular course you wish to apply for AMU 2020. The minimum Eligibility Criteria for some of the main courses are discussed in the table below.
AMUEEE (B.Tech) & B.Arch
Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination from AMU or an equivalent examination from a recognized state/central board.
Subjects: The qualifying examination should be passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English subjects.
Minimum Marks: Secure a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam.
Diploma Holders: Students who have completed a diploma in engineering from this University with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks are also eligible to apply.
Qualifying Exam: The qualification required to apply for the MBA program is a bachelor’s degree passed in any discipline.
Minimum Marks: Score a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the above exam.
Qualifying Exam: Pass B. Tech. / B. Arch. / B.E. with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks.
Diploma in Engineering
Qualifying Exam: Must have passed Secondary School Certificate of this University or an equivalent examination with English, Science, and Mathematics by securing a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.
Qualifying Exam: 12th or its equivalent passed with PCB with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
Age Limit: Age should not be less than 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Qualifying Exam: Students who have completed the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% aggregate marks are eligible for this course.
Maximum Age Limit: 22 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
M.A. (Mass Communication)
Qualifying Exam: Prescribed qualification for this course is graduation.
Minimum Marks: Passed with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
Qualifying Exam: Minimum educational requirement is Bachelor’s degree studied in Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences.
Qualifying Exam: The qualifying examination for this course is LL.B./B.A.LL.B. passed from AMU or any other equivalent University.
Minimum Marks: Pass the above exam with a minimum of 55% marks.
Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery
|Qualifying Exam: Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination passed from this University or an equivalent examination.|
Minimum Marks: Passed the qualifying exam with not less than 40% marks in aggregate of any one (Science/Arts Stream with English Core/English Elective or Health care Science – Vocational stream only or Vocational ANM).
Age Limit: Age should be in between 17-35 years as on 1st September of the year of admission. No age criteria for ANM registered candidates.
Qualifying Exam: Prerequisite qualification is Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination passed with commerce stream with a minimum 55% marks in aggregate of English, Accounts and any two of the subjects from Economics, Business Studies, Business Organization, Commerce, Banking, Entrepreneurship, Mathematics & Statistics.
Qualifying Exam: The minimum qualification requirement is a Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination.
Minimum Marks: Passed with at least 50% aggregate marks.
Subjects: Pass the above exam in English and three subjects from Accountancy, Arabic, Banking, Biology, Biotechnology, Business Organization, Business Studies, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Economics, Education, English, Fine Arts, Geography, Hindi, History, Home Science, Islamic Studies, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Physical Health Education, Physics, Political Science /Civics, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Statistics, Urdu and Modern Indian Languages (Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, and Kashmiri).
Qualifying Exam: Pass Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination.
Minimum Marks: Pass the above examination with 55% aggregate marks.
Subjects: Pass the examination in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics.
Application Form for AMU Admissions 2020
Filling the Online Application Form is the first important step towards the admission process into various courses of AMU. Please make sure that you complete the Application Process within the stipulated time. Failure of submission of the form within the given time shall lead to cancellation of candidature. Please read the above-mentioned eligibility criteria once before going to fill up the application form. We elaborate on the important steps pertaining to the application procedure below.
- On the page appeared on the screen, Click on “Register (New User)” option.
- Enter the details like Name, Password, User name, and Email-ID.
- Fill in the application form by entering the details like academic qualification and communication address etc
- Upload the scanned images of Photograph, Signature and Left-hand thumb Impression as per the specification.
- Payment of application fee (Application fee must be paid online by using the Debit card, Credit Card and Net banking.
- Submission and printout of the application form.
|Left Thumb Impression||(5-40 KB)||(3.5×1.5)cm||JPG/JPEG|
AMU Admission Test Admit Card 2020
The admit card is an important document indicating your candidature for the admission test. It shall contain all the relevant information pertaining to you and the test. You must not fail to carry it to the allotted examination center on the day of the exam. Download your admit card and take a print out and paste a recent passport size color photograph in the space provided. It is advised that in case of any discrepancy found in the admit card, you contact immediately the Office concerned where you have submitted your AMU Application Form.
Exam Pattern for AMU Admission Test
The exam pattern for the tests shall vary with the course you have applied for. The exam shall be objective type for most of the courses. However, some courses may include descriptive questions along with the objective questions. Candidates should note that the below mentioned is the last year’s exam pattern. We will update the latest changes in the exam pattern if introduced.
Exam Pattern and contents of some of the exams are detailed below:
Indo-Islamic Culture and Aligarh Movement
General Awareness and Current Affairs
Reasoning and Intelligence
Elementary Mathematics & Statistics
Reasoning & Numerical Ability
MBA/MBA (IB)/PG Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance
Quantitative and Numerical Ability
Comprehension and Verbal
Reasoning and Intelligence
Data Analysis and Interpretation
Current Educational Affairs
Current Affairs/General Knowledge (with emphasis on legal issues)
Reasoning and Aptitude
Diploma in Engineering
Science (Physics and Chemistry)
S.S.S.C (Science Stream)
Science (Physics, Chemistry and Life Science)
S.S.S.C (Commerce/Humanities Stream)
Social Studies (Civics, Economics, History and Geography)
AMU Admission Test Results 2020
The names of the candidates shortlisted for Interview/ Group Discussion /Counselling and the lists of those selected/counseling for admission will be displayed on the Notice Boards of the concerned Faculty/ College/Centre/Proctor’s Office/Controller’s website.
Candidates shortlisted for interview/GD must report at the designated venue at the designated time without fail. It shall be his/her sole responsibility to keep up with the updates.
The University may issue or display the ‘Waiting List/Chance Memo List’ in addition to the list of selected candidates. Chance Memo is not an offer of admission but is issued only in case there is a likelihood of a vacancy due to any reason. Waiting List/Chance Memo list, if any, shall be displayed on the notice boards of the concerned Faculty / College / Centre / Proctor’s Office / Controller’s website.
Check here for the AMU 2020 Result
Admission Procedure of AMU 2020
The candidates selected for admissions into various courses must report on the day of admission at the designated venue with all his/her original documents. They must have to get their documents verified and pay the course fees in order to confirm their admission. The applicants must go through a Guide To Admission AMU or read the instructions carefully in the Prospectus 2020-21.
Check here for the AMU 2020 Counselling.
Some important aspects of the AMU admission process are discussed below:
- Selected candidates shall be allotted Course/ Branch/ Main Subject/ Stream/ Specialization on merit as per their preference indicated in the Application Form. A candidate who has been selected for a higher preference will have no claim for lower preferences.
- A candidate provisionally admitted to a Course/Branch/Main Subject/Stream/ Specialization shall be upgraded automatically, on merit, to another Course/ Branch/ Main Subject/ Stream/ Specialization of higher preference if a vacancy arises after the admission process is completed. They may retain the previously allotted seat if they wish to.
- Selected candidates shall not be allowed to complete admission formalities in absentia. Candidate not reporting for admission on the stipulated date and time shall forfeit his/her claim for admission.
- If seats remain vacant after the completion of admissions, candidates whose names are listed in the chance memo list shall be allowed to fill them only if they report on the specified date and time. The admission shall be given strictly in the order of Chance Memo number.
The Admission Charges payable for the concerned course of study along with the following Original Documents are required at the time of completion of admission:
- Marks sheet/grade sheet of qualifying examination (with FOUR Self attested photocopies)
- Transfer / Migration and Character Certificate from the Institution last attended (if not enrolled at AMU). If the Certificate(s) is/are not available, give an undertaking on the prescribed format to submit the same within the given time.
- High School Certificate or its equivalent in support of the date of birth.
- FIVE (2.5 x 3.0 cms) recent front-facing colour photographs (in white background).
- Certificates in support of Special Categories claimed in the Application Form.
- Leave Sanction / Relieving Order from the employer for the entire duration of the course, if employed.
- Name Removal Certificate from the rolls of the concerned Faculty / College / Unit (if already enrolled in any full-time course of study at AMU).
- FOUR Self-addressed envelopes bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 22.00 each (to be submitted in the Office of the Provost of Hall of Residence / NRSC allotted).
- Two Oath Commissioner’s Affidavit on plain paper – one on your behalf and the other on behalf of your parents/guardian regarding not to indulge in ragging.
- Latest Certificate of vaccination for Typhoid, Cholera and Hepatitis “B” –(applicable only for Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course).
Please write to us in the comments section below if you have doubts or questions. We shall get back to you at the earliest.
Other Important Links: