WB GNM/ANM Nursing Merit List 2020: The Final WB GNM/ ANM Rank List has been released via online mode. The link to download the rank list is provided below. Check the official notification and other important dates below. The Merit List for the Verification for both the male and female candidates has been released. Check out the list through the link provided below. Note that the WB GNM/ANM Provisional Merit List has been released separately for Male and Female candidates. The link to download the rank list is provided below. This list is prepared for ranking candidates in order of merit. It will be released by the Health Department of West Bengal. In addition, this list will be available on its official website. The officials prepare this list as per candidates’ performance in the HSC Exam(10+2). Before applying for the courses, candidates should have complete knowledge about WB Nursing Admission Process. Moreover, merit list candidates will be eligible for counselling round. The authorities may release WB GNM/ANM Nursing Merit List 2020 separately for male and female candidates.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- The Final Merit List of WB GNM/ ANM has been released for the 2020-21 session. The link to download the rank list is provided below.
- The WB GNM/ ANM Nursing Schedule was revised due to unavoidable circumstances. The revised schedule is further provided below. – Check Revised Schedule Official Notice
- WB GNM/ ANM Final Merit List Combined and Category-Wise release date has been revised. Now the rank list will be published on 12th September 2020. Check out the official notice below for reference.
- West Bengal GNM/ ANM Revised Merit List and the one for the Verification has been released. Candidates’ can check out the merit list through the link provided below. Only the merit students are eligible for further admission processes.
- WB GNM/ ANM Provisional Merit List has been released by the authorities. Now the students whose names are mentioned in the list can take part in further admission processes. The final merit list will be released soon. In addition, the list has been released for both the male and female candidates. – Check GNM/ ANM Rank List
WB GNM/ANM Nursing Merit List 2020
Furthermore, the merit list candidates will be eligible for admission in Nursing Schools of West Bengal. WB Nursing Merit List will be available in PDF format. In addition, the schedule of the release of merit lists and counselling rounds will be released by the officials. They are also responsible for defining the eligibility criteria. It is compulsory for all candidates’ to satisfy the eligibility criteria. Moreover, the schedule of the admission process is given down below.
|Application Form||28th July 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||10th August 2020|
|Provisional Merit List||17th August 2020|
|The Release of the Final Rank List according to the marks/scores|
17th September 2020
|Release of the First Round Seat Allotment at respective Training School|
21st September 2020
|First Round Admission Date||22nd to 24th September 2020|
|The Release of the Seat Matrix for Second Round Counselling||27th September 2020|
|The Release of the Second Round Allotment of Seat at respective nursing training schools||03rd October 2020|
|The Release of 2nd Round Admission Date||6th to 10th October 2020|
|The Release of the Seat Matrix for Mop-Up Round Counselling||10th October 2020|
|Mop-Up Round Counselling and Allotment of Seat from Swasthya Bhawan||14th October 2020|
|The Release of Mop-Up Admission Date||16th to 17th October 2020|
|Reporting of the Candidate to the Allotted Institute||02nd November 2020|
|Commencement of Course||03rd November 2020|
Check – GNM Merit Lists
GNM/ANM are midwifery diploma courses. During the course, candidates will have to go through an internship as well. Further, GNM/ANM graduates can work in various different fields. Some of the areas wherein they can work are listed down below.
- Community Health Centres
- Private Hospitals/Clinics
- Government Dispensaries
- Old Age Homes
How to Download WB GNM/ANM Nursing Merit List?
The candidates will be able to download the merit list from the official website. It will be available in PDF format. Moreover, you will be able to locate your name on the list easily as it consists of the following details.
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidates’ Application Number
- Date of Birth
Furthermore, only merit list candidates will be eligible for further admission rounds. Thus, you should timely check the merit list. The steps to download the merit list are given down below.
- Visit the official website, i.e www.wbhealth.gov.in
- In the What’s New section, click on the link to Nursing Merit List 2020.
- Then the merit list will appear on your screen, click on the download button and save it future reference.
West Bengal Nursing Admission Procedure
It is important for candidates to understand the WB Nursing Selection Process. In addition, authorities have the right to cancel the admission of ineligible candidates. Thus, you should check out the eligibility criteria and the admission process. Further, the authorities will define the selection procedure. The process as per the last year’s prospectus is given down below.
- The candidates firstly need to fill and submit their application forms before the due date. Note that authorities will consider only the candidates whose application forms they will receive.
- Further, no entrance exam is conducted. Thus, candidates’ performance in the 12th class will be taken into consideration while preparing the merit list.
- The merit list will indicate the names of eligible candidates.
- Furthermore, merit list candidates will have to send attested documents for verification.
- Then candidates will be called for the counselling round. On the same day, they will also have to go through a medical test.
A candidate who will clear all these rounds will be eligible for admission. In addition, as it is important for candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria. You can refer to the below points for checking whether you are eligible for admission or not.
- Candidate should be a citizen of India. In addition, a permanent resident of the state of West Bengal.
- Further, the candidate should have passed the 12th class from the WB Council of Higher Secondary Education or a recognized board.
- Candidate should not be less than 17 years and more than 27 years of age as of 1 January 2020.
- Furthermore, a candidate should be able to read, write and speak in Bengali or Nepali.
|Category||No. Of Seats Available|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||22%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||6%|
|OBC – A||10%|
|OBC – B||7%|
|Female Candidates belonging to Orphanage||2%|
|Lady Civil Defence Volunteers||2.5%|
WB Nursing Training Schools
The merit list candidates will get admission to WB GNM/ANM Training Schools under the Govt. of West Bengal. Moreover, the number of colleges available for both courses differ. As per last years’ record, the number of colleges and seats is as follows:
|Course Name||No. of available Colleges and Seats|
|General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)|
|Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery (ANM)|
West Bengal GNM/ANM Nursing Document Verification Process
After the release of the merit list, selected candidates have to send self-attested photocopies of documents. Candidates can click on the link given in the first article for checking the address at which the documents should reach. In addition, make sure that you send them within the given period of time. Otherwise, the authorities will not accept it. Further, they can also cancel the admission of such candidates. Note that this process is offline. Therefore, no service will be able for the online submission of attested documents.
All candidates have to go through this medical test. The professionals will perform tests to ensure that the candidate is suitable for the course or not. Moreover, if any of the candidates is found to be unsuitable for the course, then he/she wouldn’t be eligible for admission. Furthermore, the details regarding the process will be available on the official website.
West Bengal GNM/ANM Counselling 2020
This is the final round of the admission process. Candidates have to appear for this round along with all the essential documents. In addition, the authorities will conduct two counselling rounds. If the seats will be left that as well then Mop Up Counselling Round will be conducted. In this round, candidates’ documents will be verified again. Further, the medical test will be conducted on the same day. The seat allotment process will be carried out on the same day. You should reach the venue on time. Moreover, do not forget to take all the attested documents along. If the officials find any of the candidates to be unsuitable, then they can reject the applications of such candidates.