VTUEEE 2021 is a well-known engineering entrance exam in India. The exam is conducted in both modes i.e, online, and offline. In other words, applicants can take the computer-based test (CBT) or the pen-paper test (PPT), whichever they find convenient. Additionally, CBT and PPT for both Phase 1 and Phase 2 take place separately. However, Exam Pattern for both the modes will somehow remain the same. Vel Tech University will describe the scheme of examination through the information brochure. Read this article further to know more about the VTUEEE Exam Pattern 2021 including the number of questions, marking scheme, etc.
Check Eligibility For VTUEEE Exam
VTUEEE Official CBT/ PPT Exam Pattern 2021
VTUEEE Exam Pattern 2021
The candidates who will fill the VTUEEE 2021 Application Form and are preparing for the exam must be familiar with the VTU Exam Pattern 2021. Awareness regarding the question layout will help the candidate a big time in getting good VelTech Result. In view of that, we have given below the question pattern, number of questions, marking scheme, and other much-needed details.
VTU Paper Pattern
- Mode of examination: The VelTech exam is conducted in two modes i.e, online and offline. To put it differently, the exam will take place as a Computer-Based Test (on a computer) or Pen-Paper Test (on OMR Sheet). Candidates can choose any mode of the exam as per their convenience.
- Medium of Examination: The VTUEEE question paper will be provided in the English language only.
- Duration of Exam: Total time allotted to the candidate for the exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Number of Questions: The VelTech 2021 question paper consists of 90 questions in total.
- Number of sections: The question paper comprises of three parts. Namely, A, B, C consisting Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics respectively. Each part contains an equal number of questions i.e, 30 carrying equal weightage.
- Maximum Marks: Exam is of a total of 360 marks.
- Types of Questions: The paper is of objective type. In another way, the paper will consist of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ). Each question has four options out of which only one is correct. The candidate has to choose the correct one as the response.
|Mode of Examination||Online & Offline (CBT & PPT)|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
Subject-Wise Question & Marks
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
VTUEEE Marking Scheme
Coming to the major part of the Exam Pattern of VTUEEE is the marking criteria. Have a look.
- Each question in the VTUEEE Paper carries 4 marks. To sum up, total marks become 360. In other words, a candidate can score a maximum of 360 marks in the VTU Entrance Exam.
- Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every correct response.
- There is a negative marking in the VTUEEE 2021. So, 1/4 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer marked by the candidate.
- However, no marks will be deducted for any unanswered questions. In other words, a candidate will not be marked for the questions he/ she did not answer.
- Filling up more than one response in any question will be treated as wrong. Hence, responses and marks for the wrong response will be deducted.
Instructions for VTUEEE Exam 2021
- The candidate should use only a black point pen for filling up the OMR Sheet.
- Moreover, the candidate must be careful while filling up the OMR sheet. Any kind of overwriting or marking two options at a time will only lead to negative marking.
Syllabus for VTUEEE 2021
Another equally important part of the VTUEEE Question Paper Pattern is the syllabus. Therefore, Syllabus for VTUEEE 2021 covers many relevant chapters. Scroll down further to know some crucial topics from which the question will be formed.
Mathematics Syllabus: Sets, relations and functions, Complex Number and Quadratic Equations, Matrices & Determinants, Permutation & Combination, Sequences & Series, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Coordinate geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry.
Physics Syllabus: Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, energy & power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Thermodynamics, Kinetic theory of gases, Oscillations & waves, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism, Optics, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems
Chemistry Syllabus: States of matter, Atomic structure, Chemical bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions and Electro-Chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of MetalsBlock Elements, Coordination compound, Environmental Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Organic compounds, Polymers, biomolecules.
About VTUEEE 2021
VTUEEE stands for Vel Tech Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination. Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology conducts it annually. It is a university-level exam for admission to various B.Tech. Degree Programmes. Candidates satisfying the VTU Eligibility Criteria can fill the application form. VTUEEE Registration Form is available both online and offline. Candidate must prepare as per the VTUEEE Exam Pattern 2021. A merit list will be made based on the VTUEEE 2021 Result. Thereafter, the concerned authority will call the qualifying candidates for VTU Counselling. Authority will publish notification of all the important events on the university’s official website.
In case you have any queries or doubts, then comment down below. We will assist you shortly.