OJEE which is the acronym for Odisha Joint Entrance Exam is the common entrance exam conducted by the OJEEB (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board). OJEE 2020 exam is a state-level exam which will be conducted in as many as 30 cities all over the state of Odisha. In order to take part in the OJEE 2020, candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria. Failing to have the OJEE eligibility criteria candidates won’t be able to fill the OJEE 2020 Application Form. If the candidate qualifies the exam and gets the minimum eligibility score, they will be called for counselling and admission. Besides the minimum eligible score, candidates must also go through the basic eligibility criteria before applying for OJEE 2020
Subscribe For Latest Updates
OJEE 2020 Minimum Eligibility Criteria For Admission
The Eligibility Criteria are the minimum protocol for admission. The eligibility criteria can be measured in terms of age, marks, domicile, category, gender, etc. The criteria differ from one degree to another and from one study to another in the different participating institutes under OJEE.
- Domicile Criteria: Candidates who are searching colleges in Odisha itself must be from Odisha and will have to show their Odisha residential certificate.
- Age Limit: For architecture courses, a candidate must be a minimum of 17 years of age. There is no prescribed maximum age limit for architecture courses. For admission in marine engineering, a candidate must be at least 20 years of age. The age limit which is fixed by the Government of Odisha/ Government of India/MCI will only be applicable.
- Medical Fitness: Candidates claiming reservation under PWD category must show documents that prove their claim. In such a case the decision made by the Medical Board will be final and will be binding upon the candidate. The date and time of the medical test will be announced at the time of counselling. For the medical test, candidates must be physically present at the prescribed venue. If a candidate is unable to attend the medical test or provides invalid documents to prove their claim then they will not be allotted seats under the PH (Physically Challenged) category.
- Nationality: Candidates must compulsorily be an Indian citizen. Candidates who are of Indian origin and NRI’s can apply but they will be considered for admission under supernumerary reserved seats.
- Educational Qualification: Different course has different educational criteria. The course-wise eligibility criteria are provided in the table below:
Check As Per The Subjects
|Course||OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020|
|BAMS and BHMS||Candidates must pass class 12 with 50% (45% in case of ST/SC) of CHSE or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects.|
|B. Pharma||Candidates must pass class 12 with a minimum of 45% (40% in case of ST/SC) with Physics, chemistry and maths/Biology/Biotech/Electronics/Comp. Sc/IT/Statistics and Geology.|
|B.tech and B. Pharma lateral entry||Candidates must hold 3-year diploma in engineering or Pharmacy respectively.|
|MBA||Candidate must hold a degree (from any stream) with 50% marks (45% in case of ST/SC).|
|M. Tech, MCA, M. Pharma, M. Arch, M. Plan||Must hold a degree in B.tech, BCA/BSc(computer sc), B. Pharma and B. Arch respectively with 50 % marks (45% marks in case of ST/ SC).For M. Pan a candidate must hold degree either in Economics, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Environmental Sc, Statistics or Social Work.|
|Integrated MBA||Candidate must hold 45% in qualifying exam (40% in case of ST/SC).|Uttaranchal University Admission Open Apply Now!!
Eligibility Criteria Under The Tuition Waiver Scheme
The eligibility criteria for candidates under TFW category are:
- The annual income of the candidate’s parents must be less than 6 lakhs (including all sources).
- Candidates must produce income certificate, duly approved by local Tahasildar.
- The scheme will cover only the tuition fees in both private as well as government institutes. All other fees besides the tuition fees must be paid by the beneficiary.
- This scheme is applicable only for candidates who are natives of Odisha.
- Candidates can avail of this scheme only if they have taken admission in UGC or AICTE approved institutes.
- Eligibility Criteria For NRIs
The number of seats for NRIs will be provided in accordance with the provisions of OPEI Act of 2007 as well as in accordance with the norms set by UGC and AICTE. The eligibility criteria for NRI candidates are:
- Candidates must provide documents that support their NRI status.
- Working candidates must produce a work permit.
- Pass certificate of class 12 or equivalent exam at the time of counselling.
Eligibility Criteria For Candidates Under OI Category
The government of Odisha has reserved 3% seats for candidates who are natives of Odisha but have settled in the outlying areas of Odisha. The eligibility criteria to claim seats under this category are:
- OL reservation is not applicable in private institutes and in the following courses: MBA, MCA, Pharmacy, M. Tech, M. Pharm, M. Arch, Integrated MBA stream, and lateral entry programmes.
- Candidates will have to pass the qualifying exam with a minimum of 40% marks.
- Students must complete 10 + 2 from outside Odisha state.
- Candidates must show certificates that prove that they from outside the state as prescribed in Appendix- V of the official brochure.
Eligibility Criteria For Candidates Outside Odisha State
Candidates outside Odisha state are not eligible to apply in the government colleges under OJEE but can apply in private colleges for admission in MBA, B.Tech, MCA, integrated MBA, etc. So check the list for the government as well as private for the information.