VITEEE Cut off 2021: Vellore Institute Of Technology releases the cut off list soon after the declaration of result. The rank is based on the performance of the student in the VITEEE 2021 exam or other national level engineering exam such as JEE Main. Candidates are advised to do VITEEE preparation well so that they can secure a good rank below the closing rank. If someone has the rank above the closing rank then that person is out from the admission race. One can check the previous years cut off for Vellore and Chennai as these two are the old institute.
Check Eligibility For VITEEE Exam
Vellore Institute of Technology does not release the VITEEE cut off Marks on the website. However, if it will be available then we will update the same here. Admission through VITEEE is done to Vellore campuses at Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal, and Amravati. Candidates who have taken the examination must know that VIT has in recent years not released the cutoff. But students can check previous years cut off and have an idea of how much they need to score in the entrance examination to clear the further way.
Factors Determine VITEEE Cut Off Marks
While preparing the cut-off, the list of factors is taken into consideration. Those factors are:
- Difficult level of VITEEE Exam.
- The previous years’ trends
- Seat Availability as per the course and stream
- No.of students applied for the VITEEE 2021
- No. of students appear for the exam
VIT does not release the cut off and if it is there then it must be in the form of closing rank. Cut Off varies as per the programme and campus wise and hence released separately.
Expected Cutoff Marks of VITEEE 2021
Candidates here can check the expected marks of VITEE 2021. The entrance exam dates are- 18th June to 26th June 2021. Hence, candidates can check the expected ranks on what they score in the entrance exam.
|Marks scored in VITEE B.Tech Exam 2021||Expected Rank|
|Less than 30||20000|
How is VITEEE Cutoff Scores calculated?
To calculate the cutoff marks of the VIT B.Tech Entrance Test, the following procedure is used.
- An equating method is used to calculate the rank of the candidate.
- The scores obtained in the different slots with the same percentile is considered as same.
- The exam authority does a thorough checking and decides the admission and counselling of the candidates.
- The authority goes through the above factors and shortlists the candidates for counselling.
VITEEE Previous Year Cut off (2019, 2018, 2017, 2016)
VIT Previous year Cut off is not available because the concerned authority has not released the same. Candidates who are looking for the previous year cut off Marks for VITEEE can check the table below.
VITEEE Cut Off For VIT University, Vellore ( 2016 and 2015)
|S.No||Course Name||Closing Rank 2016||Closing Rank 2015|
|1||Computer Science & Engineering||7000||15000|
|3||Computer science and Engg. (Specialisation in Bioinformatics)||13500||7500|
|7||Electronics & Communication Engineering||14500||15500|
|8||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||15500||16000|
|9||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||18500||16500|
|11||Mechanical (Spec. in Automotive Engineering)||12300||20000|
|12||Mechanical (Spec. in Energy Engineering)||20000||25000|
|13||Production and Industrial Engg||50000||27500|
|15||ECE (Spec. Internet of Things and Sensor)||14800||–|
|16||Comp.Science Engg.(Spec.in Information Security)||7500||–|
VITEEE Cutoff For VIT University, Chennai (2016 and 2015)
|S.No||Course Name||2016 Closing Rank||2015 Closing Rank|
|2||Computer Science and Engineering||14000||33000|
|3||Electronics and Communication Engineering||25000||39000|
|4||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||28000||39000|
|7||Electronics and Computer Engineering||42000||–||–|
VITEEE 2020 Cut off
|The score obtained by the candidate in VITEEE Exam 2020||Expected rank|
|Above 118||1 to 250|
|113 to 117||251 to 500|
|90 to 113||501 to 2501|
|81 to 90||2,501 to 5000|
|72 to 81||5,001 to 6500|
|60 to 72||6,501 to 8500|
|43 to 60||8,501 to 11000|
|31 to 43||11001 to 15000|
|Less than 31||15,001 to 20, 000|
For 2020, there is an expected cut off as per the score candidates are going to have after the exam.
Note: VIT does not release the cut-off.
Highlights of VITEEE Cut off 2021
- The VITEEE 2020 cut off is the closing rank.
- After the cut off has been released, the counselling of VITEEE will start.
- The counselling will conduct in two phases. Phase I and Phase II.
- Candidates who obtain rank from 1 to 20000 will be a part of Phase I counselling of VITEEE 2020.
- Candidates who obtain a rank from 20001 to 150000 are eligible to appear for counselling Phase 2 and will be allotted a seat that is left after Phase 1 VITEEE counselling.
So, these are the complete details of VIT B.Tech Cutoff Marks. If you have any queries then please comment on the section below.