VITEEE Exam Pattern 2020: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), has prepared a certain set of norms and structures of pattern that they follow while formulating the question paper, marking schemes, and so on. Candidates will be gravely benefiting with the awareness of the VITEEE New Exam Pattern as this would help them to frame their preparation for the VITEEE 2020 Examination. The VITEEE Exam Pattern includes question paper formatting, section-wise distribution of question, marking scheme, and so on.
Check Eligibility For VITEEE Exam
In this article, readers will learn about the VITEEE 2020 Changed Exam Pattern and its related important information.
VITEEE 2020 Schedule
VITEEE 2020 Examination will be held in the month of April 2020. Candidates who are interested in pursuing their graduation from Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) can start applying for VITEEE 2020 from the last week of November 2019. Applications can be submitted till the 2nd week of February 2020. Applicants need to be aware of the complete VITEEE 2020 schedule before starting to apply. Here are the important dates regarding VITEEE 2020.
|VITEEE 2020 Notification||October 2019|
|Application Form Release||1st week of November 2019|
|Offline Application Form Release||2nd week of November 2019|
|Last Date for Application Submission||2nd week of March 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 Slot Booking||3rd week of March 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 Admit Card Release||3rd week of March 2020|
|VITEEE 2019 Exam||April 2020|
|VITEEE 2019 Result||4th week of April 2020|
|VITEEE 2019 Counselling||May 2020|
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2020 (Changed)
- VITEEE 2020 Exam will conduct in the online mode i.e. Computer-based standardized test.
- Prefer language is English only.
- The exam duration will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- There will be two sets of VITEEE Question Paper. One will include questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The other will include questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The questions asked will be of objective nature.
- Every question will have Multiple Choice Questions with four options. There will be only a single correct answer.
- There will be a total of 125 questions. 35 questions will be from Physics, 35 questions will be from Chemistry, 40 questions will be from Mathematics/ Biology, 5 questions will be from English, and 10 questions of Aptitude.
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
Marking Scheme for New VITEEE Exam Pattern
Vellore Institute of Technology will be conducting the Joint Entrance Exam for Engineering in the month of April 2020. The marking scheme that will be incorporated is as follows.
- There will be 125 questions in total
- English section will comprise 5 questions
- Every correct attempt will carry an addition of 1 mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Candidates can score a total of 125 marks.
- Questions that are not attempted will be regarded as null and void.
VITEEE Syllabus 2020
Physics – Laws of Motion; Work, Energy, and Power; Properties of Matter; Electrostatics; Current Electricity; Magnetic Effects of Electric Current; Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents; Optics; Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics; Nuclear Physics; Semiconductor Devices and their Applications.
Chemistry – Atomic Structure; p, d, and f block elements; Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry; Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics; Electrochemistry; Isomerism in Organic Compounds; Alcohols and Ethers; Carbonyl Compounds; Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives; Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules.
Mathematics – Sets, Relations, & Function; Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equations; Matrices & Determinants; Permutation & Combination; Mathematical Induction; Binomial Theorem; Sequences and Series; Limit, Continuity & Differentiability; Integral Calculus; Differential Equations; Coordinate Geometry; 3-D Geometry; Vector Algebra; Statistics & Probability; Trigonometry; Mathematical Reasoning; Discrete Mathematics; Analytic Geometry of two dimensions.
Biology – Taxonomy; Cell and Molecular Biology; Reproduction; Genetics and Evolution; Human Health and Diseases; Biochemistry; Plant physiology; Human Physiology; Biotechnology and its applications; Biodiversity, Ecology, and Environment.
English – Comprehension, English Grammar, and Pronunciation
VITEEE 2020 preparation Tips
VITEEE 2020 aspirants can follow the preparation tips given below for best results in VITEEE 2020.
- Time Table –Make a time table on a daily basis. This will help in time management and give equal time to each topic.
- Syllabus – Candidates must know the right topics and units under each subject in the time table. This will help in gathering the correct study material for exam preparation.
- Mock tests – candidates must make use of the VITEEE 2019 mock test that will be made available on the official website by VIT. Taking the mock test will especially help those candidates who have not taken a computer-based exam before.
- Sample Papers – Candidates must practice various sample papers that are available online and offline.
- Stay fit – Candidates must make sure to eat healthy food and have a normal sleeping pattern on the day of the exam in order to stay fit on the day of the exam.
VITEEE 2020 Preparation Books
To prepare efficiently for VITEEE 2020, the candidates can have a look at the various books listed for Physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
|Subjects||Recommended Books for VITEEE 2020|
|Physics||Arihant Series – DC Pandey|
MCQ question Bank by D Mukherjee
Concepts of Physics – HC Verma
|Chemistry||Organic Chemistry Khan Academy Videos|
Inorganic Chemistry – NCERT Text Book
|Mathematics||Arihant Past Year AIEEE Papers|
Arihant Series – Dr. SK Goyal
Objective Mathematics Part 1 and Part 2 (NCERT difficulty) by RD Sharma