VITEEE Exam Pattern 2020: Vellore Institute of Technology, commonly known as VIT, has prepared a certain set of norms and structures of pattern that they follow whilst formulating the question paper, marking schemes, and so on. Candidates will be gravely benefiting with the awareness of the VITEEE 2020 Exam Pattern as this would help them make frame their preparation for the VITEEE 2020 Examination. The VITEEE Exam Pattern includes question paper formatting, section-wise distribution of question, marking scheme, and so on.
Check Eligibility For VITEEE Exam
In this article, readers will learn about the VITEEE 2020 Exam Pattern and its related important information.
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2020
- VITEEE 2020 Exam will be conducted in the online mode, i.e. Computer based standardized test.
- VITEEE 2020 will be conducted in English Language only.
- The total VITEEE 2020 Exam duration will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- There will be two set of VITEEE Question Paper. One will include questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The other will include questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The questions asked will be of objective nature.
- Every question will be Multiple Choice Questions with four options. There will be only a single correct answer.
- There will be 125 questions. 40 questions will be from Physics, 40 questions will be from Chemistry, 40 questions will be from Mathematics / Biology, and remaining 5 questions will be from English.
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
Marking Scheme for VITEEE 2020
Vellore Institute of Technology, commonly known as VIT, will be conducting the Joint Entrance Exam for Engineering in the month of April 2020. The marking scheme that will be incorporated is as follows.
- There will be 125 questions in total
- Each subject except English will have 40 questions each
- English section will comprise 5 questions
- Every correct attempt will carry an addition of 1 mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Candidates can score a total of 125 marks.
- Questions that are not attempted will be regarded as null and void.
VITEEE Syllabus 2020
Syllabus for Physics – Laws of Motion; Work, Energy, and Power; Properties of Matter; Electrostatics; Current Electricity; Magnetic Effects of Electric Current; Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents; Optics; Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics; Nuclear Physics; Semiconductor Devices and their Applications.
Syllabus for Chemistry – Atomic Structure; p, d, and f block elements; Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry; Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics; Electrochemistry; Isomerism in Organic Compounds; Alcohols and Ethers; Carbonyl Compounds; Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives; Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules.
Syllabus for Mathematics – Sets, Relations, & Function ; Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equations ; Matrices & Determinants ; Permutation & Combination ; Mathematical Induction ; Binomial Theorem ; Sequences and Series ; Limit, Continuity, & Differentiability ; Integral Calculus ; Differential Equations ; Coordinate Geometry ; 3-D Geometry ; Vector Algebra ; Statistics & Probability ; Trigonometry ; Mathematical Reasoning ; Discrete Mathematics ; Analytic Geometry of two dimensions.
Syllabus for Biology – Taxonomy; Cell and Molecular Biology; Reproduction; Genetics and Evolution; Human Health and Diseases; Biochemistry; Plant physiology; Human Physiology; Biotechnology and its applications; Biodiversity, Ecology, and Environment.
Syllabus for English – Comprehension, English Grammar, and Pronunciation
VITEEE 2020 preparation Tips
VITEEE 2020 aspirants can follow the preparation tips given below for best results in VITEEE 2020.
- Time Table –Make a time table on a daily basis. This will help in time management and give equal time to each topic.
- Syllabus –Candidates must know the right topics and units under each subject in the time table. This will help in gathering the correct study material for exam preparation.
- Mock tests– candidates must make use of the VITEEE 2019 mock test that will be made available on the official website by VIT. Taking the mock test will especially help those candidates who have not taken a computer based exam before.
- Sample Papers– Candidates must practice various sample papers that are available online and offline.
- Stay fit– Candidates must make sure to eat healthy food and have a normal sleeping pattern on the day of the exam in order to stay fit on the day of the exam.
VITEEE 2020 Preparation Books
To prepare efficiently for VITEEE 2020, candidates can have a look at the various books listed for Physics, chemistry and mathematics.
|Subjects||Recommended Books for VITEEE 2020|
|Physics||Arihant Series – DC Pandey|
MCQ question Bank by D Mukherjee
Concepts of Physics – HC Verma
|Chemistry||Organic Chemistry Khan Academy Videos|
Inorganic Chemistry – NCERT Text Book
|Mathematics||Arihant Past Year AIEEE Papers|
Arihant Series – Dr. SK Goyal
Objective Mathematics Part 1 and Part 2 (NCERT difficulty) by RD Sharma
VITEEE 2020 Schedule
The Schedule for the whole VITEEE 2020 Admission drive comes under the vertical Exam Pattern for VITEEE 2020.
VITEEE 2020 Examination will be held in the month of April 2020. Candidates who are interested in pursuing their graduation from Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) can start applying for VITEEE 2020 from the last week of October 2019. Applications can be submitted till 2nd week of February 2020. Applicants need to be aware of the complete VITEEE 2020 schedule before starting to apply. Here are the important dates regarding VITEEE 2020.
|1.||VITEEE 2020 Notification||October 2018|
|2.||Application Form Release||1st week of November 2019|
|3.||Offline Application Form Release||2nd week of November 2019|
|4.||Last Date for Application Submission||2nd week of March 2020|
|5.||VITEEE 2020 Slot Booking||3rd week of March 2020|
|6.||VITEEE 2020 Admit Card Release||3rd week of March 2020|
|7.||VITEEE 2019 Exam||April 2020|
|8.||VITEEE 2019 Result||4th week of April 2020|
|9.||VITEEE 2019 Counselling||May 2020|