UPESEAT Eligibility Criteria 2020: UPESEAT is the engineering entrance exam which is held by UPES i.e University of Petroleum and Energy Study, Dehradun. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the UPESEAT 2020. This is because failing to have the UPES Eligibility criteria, candidates won’t be able to fill the UPESEAT Application form. Thus those who meet the UPESEAT eligibility will take part in the admission process. Reservation of 85% of seats is for the students who come from the UPESEAT exam and 15% who com form JEE Main and State Board. Candidates have to fulfill the UPES Eligibility Criteria B.Tech factors such as age, academic criteria in order to fill the form.
Check Eligibility For UPESEAT Exam
su_note note_color=”#F0F8FF” text_color=”#F00000″] UPESEAT/UPES 2020 Application Form Available – Apply Now [/su_note]
Factor Determining UPES B.Tech Eligibility Criteria
There are many factors that determine the eligibility criteria for those who will be applying for the UPESEAT exam. Check the factors
Age Criteria: Candidates who are born on or after October 1, 1998, will be eligible to fill the form. There must be an age proof that reflects the D.O.B. The proof should be authentic as Date of Birth should be mentioned in the Secondary Education Board or University Certificate.
Exam Pathway ( 85% Seat Distribution): It means the candidates who will enter the UPES through the UPESEAT exam. 85% of seats are reserved for the candidates who will qualify the UPESEAT exam. A minimum of 50% marks is required in 10th and 12th by t]he candidates. They must also have 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics in their class 12th.
Non-Exam Pathway ( 15% Seat Distribution): The non-exam pathway means seat through the state board and JEE Main. Reservation of 15% of seats is for the candidates who come from the JEE Main and State Board exam. 15% of seat distribution explains:
- Board Merit: Candidate has to secure at least 50% marks in Class 10th and 12th (or equivalent examination). And candidates should have an aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in Class 12th.
- JEE Main Scores: Candidates need to have at least 50% marks in Class 10th and 12th (or equivalent examination) to take admission through JEE Main. Candidates also have an aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in Class 12th. Authority will release the cut off after the JEE Main exam 2020
Important Points of UPES Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria while going to fill the form. Some of the highlighted points regarding UPES Eligibility criteria are:
- Authority will select the students for admission in two ways i.e exam pathway and non-exam pathway.
- In both the distribution (85% and 15%), eligibility criteria are different in terms of 10th and 12th marks.
- The candidates who will come from JEE Main 2020, no need to take part in UPESEAT 2020. They can directly apply for the UPES Seat for engineering.
- Candidates must enter valid and correct details regarding the eligibility because any kind of forgery will lead to the rejection of the admission process
Thus candidates who are willing to participate in the UPESEAT Exam 2020 must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The UPESEAT Application form was released in September 2019.
Visit: Official Website of UPES i.e upes.ac.in