TNEA 2020: The 2nd round of allotment result is declared. Anna University is the conducting body of the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission for the selection of the students in various engineering colleges in the state. Through TNEA, the eligible students will get admission to the B.Tech courses offered by various colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. There is no entrance exam held by the authority for the selection of the students. Thus admission in colleges takes 12th class performance of the students into consideration.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Students have to fill the TNEA online application form in order to participate in the admission process. Fill it correctly because there is no other chance for form correction. Read the article to get more about the admission procedure of TNEA 2020.
2nd allotment result of TNEA declared: Click Here
TNEA Random Number 2020 Released
List of TFCs: Click Here
TNEA 2020 Important Dates
Candidates who are willing to fill the application form of TNEA must be aware of the important dates. They must be clear about the complete schedule so that they don’t miss any updates on TNEA. Below is the table which reflects some of the important dates.
|Application Form Release||15th July 2020|
|Last Date Of Online Registration||16th August 2020|
|Uploading Original Certificates||31st July- 20th August 2020|
|Assigning Random Number||Released|
|Verification of Original Certificates at TFCs||–|
|Declaration of Rank List||28th September 2020|
|Counselling for special reservation category||–|
|Starting of counselling process||8th October 2020|
|Online Supplementary counselling||–|
|Online SCA to SC Counselling||–|
Application Form Of TNEA 2020
Anna University has released the application form of TNEA online. The form has to be submitted in an online mode. Before filling the form candidates must know the eligibility criteria. Candidates must make sure that they fill the online form within the time duration. Candidates have to choose the TFC centre i.e TNEA Facilitation Centre for certificate verification. An e-call letter that contains the date, time, and address of the TFC for original Certificate Verification will be generated and shall be made available in the TNEA web portal. An E-mail and SMS will also be sent to the registered candidate.
While filling the form, candidates should check each and every detail before the final submission of the TNEA form. The University provides no correction or modification facility afterward. Thus candidates must make sure that the information filled in the application form is valid and correct. At the time of verification, each information filled in the online form will be checked through the original documents of the candidates.
Note: Check the LIst Of TFCs
After the successful submission of the application form, candidates have to make a payment as per the category to process the form. The TNEA application fee differs as per the category. Below is the table which shows the application fee structure:
|SC /SCA /ST category belonging to Tamil Nadu||100|
|For each special reservation category||Rs. 100 (Additional)|
Here special category means the people who are:
- Children Of Ex-serviceman
- Children Of Freedom Fighters
- Eminent Sports Person
- Differently Disabled Person
- Hearing Impaired
- Visually Impaired
Eligibility Criteria for TNEA 2020
In order to participate in the TNEA 2020 admission procedure, candidates have to fulfill certain TNEA eligibility criteria. A person has to be eligible in order to fill the TNEA online form. The eligibility of the students must be:
- Candidates who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI, and XII Std. from schools situated in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not produce a Nativity Certificate for verification.
- Those who have passed the above exam from outside the state can also apply but they have to show the nativity certificate at the time of verification.
- Candidates must clear 10+2 with an aggregate of 45% for general category and 40% for Reserved category by taking the subjects: Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics.
- Candidates age should be 18 to 25 years of age.
- Age relaxation should be there for the reserved category.
How to Apply for TNEA 2020?
Candidates have to follow certain steps in order to apply for TNEA. The steps they need to follow are:
- Visit the official website of TNEA
- A home page will appear in front of the screen
- Locate the link for ” new registration” on the home page of TNEA.
- Register yourself by filling the required details and having the valid email id and contact no.
- Login into the account and enter the personal, academic and other details
- After filling the application form, make the payment.
- After all the process takes the print out for further reference.
Important Documents for TNEA Registration
While registering for TNEA 2020, candidates have to keep the below mention things with themselves while filling the form.
- Valid and correct Mobile phone number and E-mail ID
- Xth and XIIth mark sheet
- +2 Hall ticket
- School details where he/she has studied VIII, IX, X, XI, and XII standards
- Community/ Caste details ( If any)
- Aadhar number (Optional)
- Parent annual income details
- Credit card/ Debit card/ Net banking/ Demand Draft details for paying the registration fee
- The candidate should exercise their option whether he/she is applying for seats reserved under special reservation categories such as a. Son/daughter of Ex-servicemen b. Differently-abled person c. Eminent sports person
- The candidate should give the option whether he/she wants to avail a. First graduation Fee concession b. Post-matric scholarship c. AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver
TNEA Cut Off 2020
Anna University will release the cut off for the academic session 2020-21. This helps the students to analyze their performance and to know if they are in the admission race or not. One can check the previous years cut off and must try to score well in their 12th board. Students can check the TNEA Cut Off and previous years cut off through the TNEA web portal.
TNEA Merit List 2020
After the successful process of the application form, the concerned authority will prepare the TNEA merit list of the students. The TNEA authority prepares the list on the basis of the performance of the students in the 12th board. Other factors also play roles in preparing the list. Those factors are Seat availability as per the courses, no of applicants applied, reservation category, etc. Keeping these things merit list is prepared. The overall rank and the community rank will publish in the official TNEA web portal. On the basis of the merit list, TNEA will call the students Counselling.
TNEA Counselling 2020
On the basis of the rank, candidates will be able to participate in the TNEA counselling procedure. TNEA 2020 will have four to five rounds of the counselling process. The process continues until the last seat is not reserved. The eligible applicants for a particular round will be published in the TNEA portal. Candidates have to make a payment as per the category. Like Rs 5000 for general and Rs 1000 for reserved category through online mode and DD.
After the payment candidates can participate in the counselling procedure. Candidates will have the time to add their choices. A choice refers to a branch in a college. After adding the choices candidates have to lock the choices. Therefore tentative allotment will take place on the basis of the candidate’s rank and order of preference. Followed by the submission of the allotment options and then final allotment is made.
In case you have any more queries, then ask us in the comment section.