TNEA Counselling 2021: On the basis of the rank, candidates are called for TNEA Counselling. Candidates have to visit the TNEA Login page in order to know the rank list. So selective students must be prepared with the original and required details. They must also be aware of Anna University Counselling 2021 date.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
This is so that candidates must not miss any chance of updates. The seat allotment procedure takes place through TNEA on the basis of marks scored in the class 12th exam. There is no entrance exam for the selection of students in various engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu.
TNEA Counselling 2021 Schedule
TNEA is a way through which the candidates can take admission in the state engineering colleges. The admission is generally for the B.Tech courses. Candidates must be aware of the important dates regarding TNEA 2021. Notification is not out so the dates are not given. We will update as the notification is out.
Documents Required for TNEA Counselling 2021
Once the candidates are done with their registration process while filling the application form, the registered candidates will be informed about their original certificates verification date, time, and venue (Name of the TFC). Note that document verification takes place before the counselling process started. In the verification candidates must have the following documents in hand:
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC First year (+1) Marksheet
- HSC Second year (+2) / Equivalent Mark sheet
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM (either Permanent card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate)
- Nativity Certificate (only in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) (if applicable)
- Income certificate (if applicable)
- First Graduate Certificate (only in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) and First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates who have applied for special reservation (i) Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-servicemen with Parent’s discharge certificate and ID card (ii) Differently abled persons should bring Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board (Consists of 3 Doctors) (iii) Eminent sportspersons* should bring all sports achievements certificates with necessary forms.
If certificates are not produced for verification, their rank will not be published.
Steps for Anna University Engineering Counselling 2021 & Choice Filling
Candidates have to follow certain procedures in order to participate in the Anna Univerity engineering counselling process. First of all, visit the TNEA website and look for the link of “TNEA Counselling” and click on it. The step candidates need to follow are:
The full procedure is explained below:
Step 1: Login
Candidates need to login to the TNEA account by entering the required details. Put the correct information to log in to the account.
Step 2: View Personal Details
After the TNEA login, candidates can view the personal details enter by them at the registration process. It will also reflect the other information such as application no., community, gender, general rank, community rank, etc.
Step 3: Payment
Candidates have to make the payment by the choices provided to them. Students can fill the fill through an online and offline mode. Payment gateway will be shown on the screen which the candidates have to take into consideration for the payment fo the TNEA Counselling Fee.
Once the payment is over, one can view the fee receipt on their computer screen. It looks like this:
Step 4: Add/Remove Choices
After the successful completion of the counselling fee, the candidates must click on the “next” button to start the choice filling process. Applicants in the correct round can add choices to their list to be considered for allotment. This is the process in which the eligible and selective students have to submit their choice of colleges and branches as per their preference. Three days are provided to enter choices from the commencement of round (24 hours for the first two days & up to 5.00 P.M. on the third day)
Based on the rank and community rank candidates must make the choice of the colleges and branch. A list of colleges is available in the TNEA web portal. Choice Filling Process is comprised of 3 different stages namely
- Choice Filling and Locking of Choices (3 days, 3rd day till 5.00 p.m.)
- Tentative Allotment & Submission of Allotment Options for Tentative Allotment (2 days, 2nd day till 5.00 p.m.)
- Final Allotment and Downloading / Printing of Final allotment *(if allotted)
On the top of the Navigation Bar, the candidate would be able to view the link ‘Add Choices’. By clicking Add Choices, the following screen will appear.
Look into the above image of add choices where there are no. of options. Candidates can use the following options to fill their choices:
- District Selecting the name of the District in the Drop Down BOX field
- Branch Name Entering the name of the Branch Name in the Text Box field
- College Code Entering the name of the College Code in the Text Box field
- College Name Entering the name of the College Name in the Text Box field
Choice Filling – Important Points
- Candidates must make sure that the choices and the order of choices to have some correspondence with their rank and community.
- They can also refer to previous year cut off marks (Ranks) for their choice. The correct choice will give the desired result.
- The candidates can save and modify their choices until the scheduled time and can lock their choices before the said time.
- The candidates can: Add a new choice, Delete a given choice, Moving up a choice by one place, Moving down a choice by one place, Moving a particular choice to the desired choice number.
Candidates can make changes in their choice list anytime within the stipulated time period (up to the 3 rd day before 5.00 PM). By clicking on the ‘DOWNLOAD MY CHOICE’ they can download their choice list. Whereas by clicking on the ‘SEND MY CHOICE LIST TO MY EMAIL’ they can send their choice list to their email. Candidates are advised to Include as many choices as they can.
Step 5: Rearrange the Choices
If at any point, candidates need to rearrange the choices then they can do it. But they can rearrange and make changes in their choices within the three days allotted to them. No rearranging will take place afterward.
Step 6: Lock The Choices
After filling as many choices candidates can edit as per their wish and if they are completely satisfied then they have to lock their choices. By clicking ‘Next’, the system will take the candidates to the locking screen.
Candidates have to tick in the checkbox and enter the OTP send in their mobile number. If some fault occurs then click on the “Resend OTP” otherwise directly click on the “LOCK MY CHOICES”. Once get locked, candidates cannot change their position.
Step 7: Tentative Allotment
Once candidates locked their choices, tentative allotment will be made based on their Rank, Choice, and Community reservation. The candidate should submit his/her options for the tentative allotment. It is mandatory for the candidates to submit their options for the tentative allotment
Three possibilities which the candidates can have while the in Tentative Allotment are:
- Candidates are allotted their First Choice in the preference list.
The Candidate can confirm the allotment by clicking on the “submit” and “confirm” button.
- Some other lower choice is allotted as per candidate’s preference list based on rank and community
By clicking on the Confirm link, the candidates can confirm the allotment given to them
- The choice is not allotted as per your preference list based on rank and community.
In not allotted seats as per the candidate’s preference, then they can opt for the three options as shown in the image. i.e
- If allotted in an upward movement, I confirm. If not allotted in an upward movement, I will move to the next round of counselling
- Will move to the next round to enable participation as per the vacancy position of that round
- I Quit counselling. I am aware that I cannot participate in further rounds of counselling
Benefits of Upward movement
If the first choice from their preferential list is not allotted, opting for upward movement would be beneficial for the applicant.
If a candidate with a higher rank has not accepted/quit his/her seat allotment, then the seat may be allotted to a lower rank candidate who has opted for upward movement
Step 8: Final Allotment
Based on the option provided by the candidates, the concerned authority will allot the list. The candidates have to wait for the final seat allotment. Final allotment will soon be processed and candidates can approach the respective college for the admission.