TNEA Rank 2022: Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE), Tamil Nadu releases the TNEA 2022 list. In order to view the list, candidates need to login into their account by using their registered email id and password. Candidates can check the Anna University Rank List 2022 for engineering colleges pdf on this page (at the time of the event). The authority prepares the merit list by keeping various factors in mind. Those factors are candidates’ performance in the last qualifying exam, seat availability, reservation policy, etc. They also prepare a separate list of the overall rank and community-wise rank. After the registration, candidates have to verify the documents. No verification of the documents means no publication of the TNEA Rank Card.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
TNEA Rank List Release 2022
Candidates must be aware of the important dates & events. Hence, keep visiting the official website for updates. However, we are providing tentative dates here.
|Issuance of random number||3rd week of June 2022|
|Publication of TNEA 2022 rank list||4th week of June 2022|
|TNEA counselling 2022 commences from||3rd week of July 2022|
How to check TNEA Rank List 2022?
Candidates need to follow certain procedures in order to view the list. Candidates need to download the list. The steps they need to follow to download the TNEA College Rank Card 2022 list are:
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
- Visit the official website of TNEA i.e. tnea online.in
- A home page will appear in front of the screen
- Locate and click on the link which shows the “TNEA rank list”
- Login into the account by entering your Email ID and password
- The Rank List will appear on the screen
- Download the list and take the print of the “TNEA Rank” for further reference
Preparation of TNEA Merit List 2022
There are various factors that play a role in preparing the Anna University College Rank List 2022 Pdf. The preparation of the rank list is on the basis of :
- Candidates 12th standard marks in board exam.
- PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) as the main subject in the qualifying exam i.e 12th board.
- Aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are the minimum eligibility marks.
- A total of 200 marks is taken into account to rank the students. Where the weightage of the subjects are:
- Physics and Chemistry =100 and Mathematics=100
- All the marks obtained from the different boards of studies were normalized using the formula.
- When other boards and the state board is taken account then nominalization of the marks are done as :
Aggregate mark or cut-off mark = The highest marks obtained by other boards x 100 / highest marks obtained by Tamil Nadu Board
As per the authority of TNEA, the marks secured by the students in the relevant subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by various Boards and the marks obtained by the students in the same subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by the State Board of Tamil Nadu are equated by adopting the method of normalization.
Normalization of Marks & Inter-Se Merit for TNEA Rank Preparation
As per Tamil Nadu Acts, the candidates who secure marks in the relevant subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by various Boards (national board) shall be equated with the marks obtained by the students in the same subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by the State Board of Tamil Nadu by adopting the method of normalization. After normalization of marks in the relevant subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by different Boards, the qualified students shall be merged into a common merit list.
The authority considers the highest mark obtained in the relevant subject by the candidates of the National Board will be taken into consideration for normalization. Normalized marks will not be considered for minimum eligibility. A merit list will be prepared based on the total mark of 200.
If there is a tie-up situation in which there is more than one candidate who has got the same marks in the common merit list then the following things will be taken into account.
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- The percentage of marks in Physics,
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject,
- Date of Birth (They will prefer elder one) and
- Random number assigned (Prefer higher value)
TNEA Random Number 2022
Anna University will provide a random no. to each candidate. University provided no. so that the students can attend the counselling. University provides random no. to the candidates before the ranking procedure for preparing the merit list. After the verification of the TNEA application form, the authority grants the random no. to the candidates. After assigning the random number, the merit list will be prepared by the university.
The Importance of TNEA Random Number is:
- By having the random no., candidates can check the rank list from the official website of TNEA.
- Students who clear cut off and secures rank, participate in counselling
- Every quota and reservation seeking students’ certificates are verified.
- If candidates do not receive their random number then they can contact the office directly.
- In Tamil Nadu, more than 550 engineering colleges which offer various engineering courses to the candidates
TNEA Cut Off 2022
After the announcement of the TNEA Rank list, cut off will come out to make the selection for the students in various engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu. The cut will represent the minimum marks which the candidates need in order to move into the counselling process. Those who will not clear the Cut off Of TNEA 2022 then candidates will be disqualified from the admission procedure
TNEA Counselling 2022
For those candidates who secure the TNEA Rank, the authority will call them for Counselling. There are various rounds of counselling in which the selective students can participate. The students who clear the TNEA Cut Off and secure the rank can participate in the TNEA Counselling. The candidates will have to select their preferred colleges and courses during counselling and seats have been allotted based on the preference of candidates.