Panjab University Syllabus 2020 for the Semester and Admission Exams are available here. The University conducts an entrance exam named PUCET to offer admission into various Undergraduate Courses. With the help of the syllabus, the candidates will get the idea of the types of questions asked in the PUCET 2020. However, we have also provided complete details regarding the Panjab University, Semester Exam Syllabus. Students can download their respective semester syllabus and start preparing for the Examinations. The course modules play a very important role in the preparation of the exam. So, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding Panjab University, Patiala Syllabus. Therefore go through the article carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Panjabi University, PUCET Latest Updates
- The University has announced the exam dates all the Entrance Admission Tests. Students can check the Panjab University Exam Schedule now.
- The University has extended the submission of the Panjab University Exam Form (both UG and PG Courses). Apply Now
How to Download Panjab University Exam Syllabus?
The step by step process to download Panjab University Syllabus is as follows-
- Visit the official website of the University- puchd.ac.in or click on the link provided below.
- Then select the respective course- Arts/Business Management/Law/Medical Sciences/Science/Education etc.
- Download the Syllabus of the respective course semester.
Panjab University Semester Exam Syllabus- Download
Here, you can download the syllabus of the Annual Exam of Punjab University, Patiala. The link is provided below to download each Course (year-wise) syllabus.
|Courses||Panjab University Syllabus Download|
|Business Management and Commerce|
|Dairying, Animal Husbandry, and Agriculture|
|Design and Fine Arts|
|Engineering and Technology|
|Regional Center/Study Center|
PUCET 2020 Exam Pattern
As mentioned earlier, the Panjab University Common Entrance Test takes place to provide admission to UG Courses. However, to appear the exam, it is very important to know about the PUCET Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
Panjab University PUCET Exam Pattern
- The Question Paper of PUCET comprises of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
- The mode of the exam is offline. Students have to report at Chandigarh to appear in the exam.
- The questions will be asked in MCQs in English Language only.
- A total of 60 questions are asked in the exam.
- For each wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- The questions will be 10+2 Level as per the CBSE Syllabus
- The time duration of the exam is 70 minutes. However, the total time duration of the exam varies from candidate to candidate as per their selection of the subjects/papers.
PUCHD PUCET Subject Combination for Entrance Test
|Name of the Courses||Combination of the CET Undergraduate Subjects|
|B.Pharm||Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|B.Sc (Hons) Botany/Zoology||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|B.Sc (Hons) Anthropology/Chemistry/Geology/Physics/Physics (Electronics)/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biophysics||Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|PUCET B.Sc (Hons) Mathematics||Mathematics|
Panjab University PUCET Marking Scheme and Question Distribution
If a candidate chooses PCM, then he/she has to calculate the total number of selected subjects. So, here is the subject-wise weightage of PUCET 2020. Each Question carries 2 marks, and for every wrong answer, 0.5 marks is deducted.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Time Allotted per subject||Marks|
|Physics||60||70 mins||120 marks|
|Chemistry||60||70 mins||120 marks|
|Mathematics||60||70 Mins||120 marks|
|Biology||60||70 Mins||120 marks|
|Total||240 Questions||280 Minutes||480 marks|
Panjab University PUCET Syllabus
The entrance test of Panjab University will comprise of the questions from 10+1 and 10+2 Syllabus. So, here is the detailed syllabus of the Entrance Examination.
PUCHD PUCET Physics Syllabus
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Oscillations and Waves
- The motion of System of Particles, and Rigid Body Gravitation
- Properties of Bulk Matter
PUCET Chemistry Syllabus
- Some Basic Concept of Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Classification of Elements, Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- Organic Chemistry (Basic Principles and Techniques)
- Status of Matter (Gases and Liquids)
- Redox Reaction
- Environmental Chemistry
- P-Block Elements and General Introduction about them
PUCET Biology Syllabus
- Diversity in the Living World
- Structural Organization in Plants and Animals
- Plant Physiology
- Cell Structure and Functions
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
Panjab University PUCET Mathematics Syllabus
- Relations and Functions
- Linear Inequalities
- Trigonometric Functions
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Complex Numbers and Mathematical Equations
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequence and Series
- Straight Lines
- Conic Sections
- Introduction to Three- Dimensional Geometry
- Limits and Derivatives
- and Mathematical Derivatives
Books for preparation for Panjab University Entrance Test
Students can follow the books below to prepare for PUCET 2020-
- For Physics- 29 Years Physics Chapter-wise Solutions for CBSE AIPMT & NEET
- ISC Chapter-wise Solved Papers Chemistry class 12th for Chemistry Preparation
- For Biology, Examination Questions in Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Drawing, Geography, Physics, Zoology
- and for Mathematics, SAT Math Level 1 (Barron’s Sat Subject Test Math Level 1)
These are some of the top books that you can go for the Preparation for the Panjab University Examination.
Preparation Tips of Panjab University Exams
Whether you are preparing for the Entrance Test or Semester Exam, it is very important that you prepare well for the exams. So, here are some general tips that will guide you in your preparation.
- Go through the Exam Pattern and Syllabus first. Doing this will give you the idea of the content of the chapters available.
- Start with the difficult topics first. Make sure that your concept must be clear. Once your fundamentals are strong, then your 50% of the preparation is over.
- Make short notes of the topics you find difficult.
- Practice Old Question Papers of Panjab University. The previous year’s question paper will help you to enhance your accuracy to attempt the questions.
- Lastly, keep yourself healthy. Eat and meditate. Take short naps, and keep yourself mentally and physically strong.
Panjab University Exam Instructions
The Entrance Test of Panjab University will be conducted offline. Students will be given OMR Sheet to attempt the questions. So, here are a few guidelines on how to mark responses on the OMR Sheet and Guidelines in the Exam.
- Reach the exam center 30 minutes before the exam time.
- Do not carry any electronic gadgets, such as calculators, mobile phones etc.
- Make sure that you read the rules and regulations mentioned in the booklet.
- Handover the question and answer booklet to the invigilator soon after the completion of the exam.
- Students must do their rough work on the backside of the question paper.
- Answers must be attempted on the OMR Sheet only.
- Make sure you darken the circle properly.
So, these are the complete details regarding the Panjab University Syllabus 2020. If you have any queries, then please comment on the section below.