Panjab University LLB Admissions will start soon. However, the Panjab University LLB Entrance Exam exam dates have been released. It will take place on 20th June 2021. Whereas, PU B.A and B.Com LLB entrance test will take place on 4th July 2021. Last year, the entrance test was scrapped and admission was based on 10+2 marks. However, the application form has not been released yet. The mode of the application form is online. The university conducts the entrance test to offer admission into various law courses. The mode of the PU LLB Entrance Test is offline (pen-paper mode). So, in this article, candidates can get complete details about the law entrance admission of Panjab University. Therefore, go through the article carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
About PU B.A/B.Com LLB (Hons)
Thi is a five-year integrated course consisting of 10 semesters. The semester duration is divided in July-December and January-May. The admission of the candidate is done based on the entrance test. However, last year, the entrance test was cancelled due to COVID-19. Hence, the selection of the applicants was done based on 10+2 scores.
Panjab University Law Admission 2021 – Important Dates
The university has not released the dates for LLB admission yet. However, the university has released the exam dates for PU LLB and B.A LLB exam. The candidates can check the tentative dates below. These dates are based on the previous year schedule. However, we advise the applicants to check the official website for the latest updates.
Panjab University UG LAW 2021 Schedule
|Events||Dates Scheduled (tentative)|
|Release of the application form at https://uglaw.puchd.ac.in||1st week of April 2021|
|Last date of the application form||–|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of Admission Form & copies of certificates through registered post/speed post to Directorate of Sports, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh (for Sports Category candidates)||–|
|End date for submission of hard copy of Admission Form & copies of certificates through registered post/speed post to Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Sector -14, Chandigarh-160014 (NRI category candidates)||–|
|Release of the admit card|
|Panjab University LLB Entrance Test||20th June 2021|
|B.A/B.Com LLB entrance test||4th July 2021 (10 am to 11:30 am)|
|Release of the tentative merit list||–|
|Date for inviting objections regarding Merit firmed up on the basis of already filled up information by the Candidate. Through email only( [email protected])||–|
|Display of provisional merit list|
|Counselling starts from|
Panjab LLB Entrance Exam 2021
Candidates who qualify the entrance test will get admission to the following law universities-
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University Chandigarh (UIL Chandigarh)
- The University Institute of Laws, Panjab University Regional Centre Civil Lines, Ludhiana (UIL Ludhiana)
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Swami Sarvanand Giri, PU Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur (UIL Hoshiarpur).
PU B.A LLB and B.Com LLB Application Form
The Panjab University will release the application form in the month of April/May. The mode of the application form is online. Candidates who meet the eligibilty criteria can submit the form. The application form will be available at uglaw.puchd.ac.in. The application fee cost Rs 2175/- for general category, and Rs 1088/- for reserved category. We will provide the link once the application form is released.
Eligibilty Criteria for Panjab LLB Entrance Exam
The eligibilty criteria is the most important factor is the admission process. Hence, the Panjab University LLB criteria 2021 is as follows-
PU 2021 LLB Eligibilty Criteria
- The age of the candidate should be more than 22 years as on 1st July 2021 in the year of admission.
- Candidates must have obtained Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any discipline with minimum 45% aggregate marks from Panjab University or any other University that is recognized by Bar Council of India and Panjab University. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC/PwD category are given 5% marks relaxation.
PU B.A/B.Com LLB (Hons) Admission Eligibilty Criteria
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD) from any recognized Board/University.
- The applicants who have obtained 10+2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate or First Degree Certificate after prosecuting Studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the Integrated Five Years Course.
- The applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in the law courses.” As per proviso and explanation to Rule 5 (b) of Bar Council of India Rules of Legal Education, 2008.
Eligibilty Criteria for the entrance test
- Candidate who have passed or appearing 10+2 exam are eligible to appear the entrance test.
- The applicant who passed or appeared in 10+2 exam of Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are not eligible to appear the entrance test.
General Instructions for the PU B.A, B.Com LLB Entrance Test
- Qualifying the entrance test does not offer admission to the candidates.
- The fee of the entrance test is non-refundable.
- The entrance test is based on the “Legal and General Awareness” program.
Panjab University LLB Entrance Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the PU B.A LLB and B.Com LLB entrance test is as follows-
- The exam will take place online.
- The questions are asked from Legal and General Awareness.
- A total of 100 questions are asked in the exam.
- Each question carries one mark. However, there is a negative marking of 1/4 for the wrong answer.
- The total marks of the PU LLB Question Paper is 100 marks.
- The time duration of the examination is 90 minutes. However, 30 minutes extra is given to the PWD candidates.
- The language mode of the question paper is English, Hindi, and Punjabi (except for the portion profiency in English language).
Sectional Pattern and Distribution of marks
|Sections||Number of questions|
|Testing General Knowledge and Current Affairs||60 questions|
|Aptitude for law||20 questions|
|Testing mental ability||10 questions|
|English language||10 questions|
Panjab University Exam Syllabus
Students who are appearing the entrance test must go through syllabus. Hence, the PU LLB Entrance Test Syllabus are as follows-
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs|
|English Language & Comprehension|
|Reasoning & Analytical Abilities|
PU LLB Exam Admit Card or Hall Ticket
The Panjab University LLB Hall Ticket will release soon after the completion of the form process. However, to download the admit card, the applicant must provide their registration id and password. The admit card will be available online only. Hence, no candidate will be allowed to appear the entrance test without the hall ticket.
PU LLB Result
The university will release PU Entrance Test Result soon after the entrance test. Candidates can check the exam result by visiting the official website. Candidates who qualify the test will be eligible for the counselling.
Panjab University LLB Cut-off
The official authority shall releases the PU LLB Exam Cut-off within a week after the declaration of result. Candidates who obtain more than or equal to the cut-off of the PU LLB Exam, they will be eligible to appear in the subsequent round. His/ her name will appear in the merit list.
Panjab University LLB Merit List
The PU LLB merit list contains names of the candidates who successfully score equal to or more than cut-off marks in the test. The candidates shall be called for counselling based on the merit list. The university releases three merit lists- Tentative merit list, Provisional merit list, and Final merit list.
PU B.A, B.Com LLB Final Merit List
The final merit list of Panjab University is prepared in the following way-
|B.A LLB (Hons) 5-Years Integrated Course||Entrance Test (50%) + Qualifying exam (+2) 50% + other admissible weightage|
|B.Com LLB (Hons) 5-Years Integrated Course|
Entrance Test: 50% + Qualifying Examination (+2): 50%. With Weightage for commerce subjects* and other admissible weightage
Weightage shall be given for the commerce subjects for admission to B.Com. LL.B.(Hons.) as per P.U. Calendar and other rules and regulations laid down by competent authorities/bodies of Panjab University from time to time.
Panjab University LLB Counselling
The shortlisted candidates will be allotted seats based on the merit and choices filled by the candidates. Candidates can check their seat allotment by logging in to the official website. It is a must for a candidate, who will be allotted seat, to print and download provisional allotment letter.
The Panjab University has reserved the definite number of seats in every college for the special category candidates. Special category candidates here refers to reserved categories like SC, ST, OBC and PwD. The cut-off marks for the special category will be comparatively less than the general category. Reserved category candidates have to mention their caste and category while filling up the application form. However, they have to produce valid reservation or caste certificate at the time of counselling.
Panjab University LLB Admission – Seat Matrix
|Name of the course||Institution||Number of seats |
(General including reserved seats)
Seats for Foreign Nationals/ NRI Candidates
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) 5-years Integrated Course
University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.) 5- years Integrated Course
University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) 5-years Integrated Course
UIL, P.U. Regional Centre, Ludhiana
02 (including 60 seats)
B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) 5 years Integrated Course
UILS, Swami Sarvanand Giri, P.U. Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur.
02 (including 60 seats)
Address: Assistant Registrar, CET Cell
Panjab University, Sector 14
Chandigarh – 160 014
Phone Number: 0172-2534819,2534866.
Email ID: [email protected]
So, these are the complete details of Panjab University LLB Entrance Exam. If you have any queries, then please comment on the section below.