NEET Application Form 2021: NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) will be conducted by the NTA. Thus, the application form will be released by the National Testing Agency (NTA) only. The form will be released in online mode. Candidates will not be able to submit the form in any other mode. Therefore, applicants have to visit the official website to submit the form. In addition, students should ensure that they are providing the correct information while filling the form. The details that you provide will be used for the entire NEET 2021 Admission Procedure. Moreover, students should also check out the eligibility criteria before even filling the NEET Application Form 2021. For more details such as the application process, and application correction facility read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NEET Application Form 2021
NEET is basically conducted for candidates who want to pursue MBBS and BDS. Moreover, now it is a single exam for admission to various private and government medical colleges. The candidates wanting to go ahead with the mentioned medical courses, thus have to appear for NEET. It is a national level exam and thus is commenced in 8 different languages. Thus, it is an excellent opportunity for students. Candidates, however, have to submit the form first for being eligible to appear for the exam. The dates of the NEET 2021 Application are not announced yet. However, the tentative schedule is given below.
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of Application||– 1st week of December 2020 –|
|End of the application process||– Last week of December 2020 –|
|Correction window opens||– 3rd week of January 2021 to last week of January 2021 –|
|Availability of Admit card||– 4th week of March 2021 –|
|NEET 2021 Exam||– 1st week of May 2021 –|
|Availability of Answer key||– 2nd week of May 2021 –|
|Declaration of Result||– 1st week of June 2021 –|
|Starting of Counselling||– 2nd week of June 2021 –|
NTA NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates should check the eligibility criteria before even filling the application form. As the authorities will reject the forms of ineligible students. Moreover, some changes were made last year in the age-criteria, other than that the criteria are pretty much the same. The NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021 is further as follows:
- The applicant’s nationality must be Indian/ NRI/ PIOs/ OCI and foreign nationals. In addition, overseas citizens of India are also eligible to fill the application form.
- Candidate should be 17 years of age as of 31 December 2021. Moreover, there is no upper age limit now.
- In addition, the applicant must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as core subjects. The candidate should have passed from a recognized board further with at least 50% (For General Category) marks in each subject, 45% (For General PwD Candidates), 40% (For Reserved Category).
- Further, students whose class 12th result is awaited are also eligible.
- The students who study in Open School/ NIOS/ Private institutes are also eligible to fill the application form. Furthermore, students who have studied Biology/ Biotechnology as an individual subject can also apply.
Things To Keep In Mind Before Filling NEET Online Application Form
The applicants need to be careful with a few things while filling the NEET Application Form. Candidates will not be allowed to edit certain sections during the application correction process. Thus, it is important that the students fill the form correctly. Candidates should thus take care of the following things while filling the application form.
- The applicants should ensure that their internet connectivity is good.
- In addition, before filling the form, the students should carefully read out the given instructions.
- Make sure that you provide a valid Email ID and phone number. As the notifications will be sent on the provided number and mail only. Note that the authorities will not be responsible if you have provided the wrong details and thus missed out on some event.
- Further, applicants should ensure that they have all the required documents with them. You should have scanned documents in the required specifications so that you can easily upload them.
Steps To Fill NEET 2021 Application Form
The process of filling up the application form comprises of certain stages. Candidates have to complete each stage to submit the form successfully. Moreover, the NEET 2021 Admission Form will be available for a limited period of time. Thus, applicants should make sure that submit their form before the due date. Furthermore, the different stages of the application process are mentioned below. Make sure that you fill the form correctly.
To complete the registration process, candidates need to visit the official website (www.ntaneet.nic.in). Then you need to click on the “NEET 2020 Registration Form”. Further, if you are a new user, then click on the “New User Registration”. Candidates further have to enter personal details such as date of birth, name, father’s name, nationality, mobile number, and E-mail ID. After entering all the details, click on the submit button.
Generation Of Registration ID and Password:
After submission, you will be redirected to a new page wherein you need to create a password. Candidates will also have to select a security question during the process. Then the student will have to enter the OTP, which will be sent on the registered phone number. Further, the Application Number will appear on the screen. The students should keep it safe for further processes.
After completing the registration process, then the candidate can login by entering the Application Number and Password.
Fill NEET Online Application Form:
Now the candidates have to fill in all the necessary details such as educational qualifications and other personal details. Further, the details candidates need to fill in are Gender, Nationality, State Of Eligibility, PwD Status, Category, ID Types and Date Of Birth.
The candidates will now have to upload the scanned images of the signature and photograph. Wherein, the uploaded images should be as per the prescribed specifications. As otherwise, you will not be able to submit the form. Candidates should also note that the signature should have been done in running handwriting. Further, if there will be capital letters in the signature, then that would not be acceptable. The specifications for uploading images is as follows:
|Thumb Impression||10 Kb to 200 Kb||JPEG/JPG|
|Post Card Size Photograph||50 Kb to 300 Kb|
|Passport Size Photograph||10 Kb to 200 Kb|
|Signature||4 Kb to 30 Kb|
|Class 10th Certificate||100 Kb to 300 Kb|
Submit Application Fees:
The applicants should submit the NEET Application Fees after filling up the form and uploading the important documents. Note that the fees have to be submitted before the due date. As the forms of candidates who will not submit the application fee on time will get rejected. The mode of payment further will be online. However, you can also make the payment in offline mode, wherein you must print the e-slip on A4 size paper.
Furthermore, the candidates are advised to take out the printout of the slip after application form fee submission. Candidates should further keep the confirmation page safe, as you may require it for later processes.
|General/ OBC Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|General- EWS/ OBC-NCL*||Rs. 1400/-|
|SC/ ST/ PH Candidates||Rs. 800/-|
Details To Be Filled in Application Form of NEET 2021
There will be different sections which will have certain fields. Candidates need to provide the correct details and fill each field carefully. Further, the details one needs to provide while filling the NTA NEET Registration Form are as follows:
- In this section, applicants have to provide three preferences for Test Center.
- Note that the locked choices will be considered while allotting the exam centres. Thus, make sure that you fill in the choices carefully.
- Then you need to choose the medium of the question paper from the drop-down menu.
- Candidates also need to enter the medium of language of the question paper.
- Furthermore, applicants need to choose the examination city.
- Date Of Birth
- PwD Status
- State Of Eligibility
Communication Details Section
- Mobile Number
- House Number
- Land Mark
- Landline Number with STD Code
- Zip Code
- Mobile Number
- Name of the board and institute from where you have completed the 10th class.
- Name of the Class 12th Board/State
- Status of the Qualifying Examination
- Address of the School/College
- Year of Passing
- Roll Number of Class 12th
- Percentage of Marks Obtained in Class 12th Qualifying Examination
- The marks obtained in each subject
How To Retrieve NEET Application Number?
The candidates will be able to retrieve their NEET 2021 Application Number by following a few steps. Therefore, the following steps can be followed by candidates to retrieve their application number.
- The students firstly need to visit the official website (www.ntaneet.nic.in) to retrieve their application number.
- Then click on the “Forgot Registration Tab”. It will be present on the left-hand side of the homepage.
- Now you need to enter personal details such as your Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Category, etc.
- Then click on the “Submit” button.
- Further, after that, your application number will appear on the screen.
Steps To Retrieve NEET 2021 Password
- To retrieve NEET Password, click on the link that says “Forgot Password”. It will be present on the Candidate Login Page.
- Then you will be redirected to a new page, wherein you will get two options. You can thus either retrieve your password through OTP or a security question.
- Further, if you will choose the OTP option, then you have to enter the following details – Name, Application Number, Date Of Birth, etc. After submitting all these details, you will receive the OTP on your registered number. Then after entering the OTP, you will be able to retrieve the password.
- If you will choose the second option, then you have to answer the security question. This is the same question that you had selected at the time of the NEET Registration. After submitting the correct answer, you will be able to retrieve the password.
NTA NEET 2021 Form Correction Procedure
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will allow students to edit the submitted application forms. Candidates will thus be able to correct the errors if any. However, NEET Application Form 2021 Correction facility will be available for a limited period of time. The candidates will thus have to edit and submit the form before the due date. Moreover, the candidates should note that they will be able to edit only certain sections or fields. Furthermore, the fields candidates will not be able to edit are as follows:
- State Eligibility (15% AIQ Seats)
- PWD Status
- Examination Centre
Steps For NEET 2021 Correction Window
- The link to NEET Application Correction Window will be provided here. Candidates have to click on it to carry out the correction procedure.
- Then you will be redirected to a new page, wherein you need to enter the Application Number and Password.
- Further, your application form will appear on the screen. Candidates, however, should note that they will be able to edit only a section of fields. Make sure that this time you fill correct details, as you will not get another chance.
- In addition, after filling the form, you can Preview and Submit the registration form.
- An OTP will be then sent on the registered mobile number.
- Further, after entering the OTP, click on the “Final Submit”.
- Then a warning message will pop-up on the screen – “This is the one-time correction facility, thus no correction will be allowed after final submission. Do you wish to submit the form finally?”.
- Further, you can click on “Please Do” to submit the form. Else, click on ‘oops no’ if you want to make some other corrections.
- In this way, you will be able to edit your form and make the required changes. Furthermore, you should have the printout of the correction slip.
Correction Of Image Discrepancies
The authorities will also allow the students to edit the uploaded documents. However, only selective candidates will be able to do so. The procedure for the correction of image discrepancies are further as follows:
- Visit the ‘NEET Candidate Login’ page.
- Then enter the Application Number and Password
- Further, the option to upload the documents will be displayed on the screen.
- Then you can upload the images. Make sure that you upload them as per the prescribed specifications.
- Before submission, make sure that you verify that the image is uploaded correctly this time.
- After submission, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Then you need to enter the OTP and the NEET Correction Slip will then be displayed on the screen. Furthermore, do take out the printout of the correction slip for future reference.
Reasons For NEET Registration Form Rejection
- Incomplete Application Form
- Non-Payment of Application Fee
- If the NEET Form is submitted after the given date
- In case, multiple forms are submitted by the same candidate.
Important Details Regarding NEET 2021 Application Form
- As mentioned above, candidates should fill-up the form carefully to avoid inconvenience. Moreover, make sure that you provide a correct email address and phone number.
- While uploading the photograph, ensure that more than 80% of the face is visible.
- In addition, candidates who are unable to provide a left-hand thumb impression can give right-hand thumb impressions as well.
- Moreover, students should have 6 to 8 passport and post-card size photos. Wherein, the background of the image should be white.
- The common language of question papers opted for is English. However, if any of the students want to write the exam is some other language, then they can choose their state language as well. The list of language options further available is mentioned in the table given below.
|Language of NEET 2020||States|
|English and Bengali||West Bengal and Tripura|
|English and Gujarati||Gujarat, Daman and Diu, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Kannada and English||Karnataka|
|Marathi and English||Maharashtra|
|Odia and English||Odisha|
|Tamil and English||Tamil Nadu|
|English and Telugu||Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|English and Urdu||All Centers|