KCET Seat Allotment 2019: The exam conducting body has released KCET 2nd round extended seat allotment schedule which is available on this page below. KEA is conducting the KCET seat allotment in the online mode on the official website. There will be 3 rounds of seat allotment: two will be the usual seat allotment rounds and the third one will be an extended round. All students who are participating in the KCET 2019 counselling will be allotted seats and the counselling schedule will be released online. KCET seat allotment 2019 will be done based on the candidate’s performance in KCET 2019, the choices filled for college and course and the availability of seats.
Check Eligibility For KCET Exam
KCET 2019 Seat allotment round 2 result has been released. Candidates can check the seat allotment status and only after this will they be required to report to the allotted institutes for documents verification.
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
KCET 2nd Round Seat Allotment Extended Schedule is available below.
KCET Seat Allotment 2019 Dates
The updated KCET seat allotment 2019 schedule is available below. Check the dates of the important events here.
KCET Seat Allotment 2019 Procedure
During the counselling procedure, the KCET 2019 seat allotment will take place. Candidates will be required to participate in all the three phases of the KCET rounds given below:
- First Phase:
- The KCET seat allotment 2019 will be done based on the choices of college and course, seat availability and candidate’s performance in the examination.
- In this phase, the seats will be allotted to candidates belonging to special categories like sports quota, NCC and Physically handicapped.
- After this, candidates belonging to the general merit category will be given seats in the choice of institutions filled by them. This allotment will be done based on their merit and rank.
- Second Phase:
- All the leftover or vacant seats from the first round will be transferred to the second Phase.
- Candidates who belong to the rural & Kannada medium quota candidates of reserved categories will be allotted seats in this rounds.
- Also, the candidates who belong to the general merit categories will not be allotted any seat.
Check – KCET Round 2 Seat Allotment Result
- Third Phase:
- All the vacant seats from the second phase will be moved to the third phase of KCET seat allotment 2019.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved general category of SCG, STG, 1G, 2AG, 2BG, 3AG, 3BG, GMR and GMK, will be allotted seats in the third phase.
- In this phase, the vacant seats from the special categories mentioned above will also be filled. These seats will be converted to general merit category and will be allotted to candidates belonging to these categories.
Procedure after KCET Seat Allotment 2019
After the KCET phases have been completed, Karnataka Examination Authorities will be releasing a final list where they will be able to check their seat. This will be termed as the first round and candidates will be required to practice any of the of four choices given below.
Choice 1 – Choosing this option means that candidate is satisfied with the seats allotted to him/her. In this case, the candidate must report to the institution and pay the tuition fee in the online mode or through e-challan. Students choosing option 1 will be required to download the seat allotment or admission order and report to the institute. Also, the candidate must inform the KEA that he/she will be joining the institute.
However, those who opt for this choice will not be able to participate in the further seat allotment and the option entry window will not be open to these candidates.
Choice 2 –This option can be exercised by those candidates who want to hold on to the seat allotted but also want to take part in the subsequent rounds of counselling. In this case, if the candidate is allotted a seat in the higher institution, the previously allotted seat will be held canceled.
The fresh options for choice filling will be allowed only if a new college or course will be added in the seat matrix after the first round of allotment.
Choice 3 – If the candidate is not satisfied with the seat allotted to him/her but wants to participate in the further rounds of seat allotment, he/she can choose this option. Choosing this option will mean that the candidate has rejected the previously allotted seat.
Choice 4 – This choice can be exercised by those candidates who want to cancel their entire admission and do not want any seat through KCET 2019. Choosing this option will debar the candidate from participating in any round of counselling and the seat allotted will be canceled.
Things to Keep in mind while Practicing any one of the 4 choices
- Seat Allotment will be conducted separately for the candidates of Medical/Dental Courses and for Engineering/Farm Science Courses.
- Eligible candidates who are entering the options for the courses mentioned above have to do it separately.
- Candidates eligible for Medical/Dental Courses will alse be eligible for Engineering/Farm Science Courses.
- The seat allotment for medical/dental courses will be published first and then the seat allotment for Engineering/Farm Science Courses will be made available.
- Candidates can part take in the seat allotment of both these courses but the option entry has to be done separately.
- If any candidate is allotted a medical/dental seat, and has chosen the CHOICE 1, he/she will not be considered eligible for engineering/farm science seats even if the candidate had entered the choices for engineering/farm science.
- Therefore, candidates who may be allotted medical/dental seats must select the right choice in the medical round to become eligible to participate in the engineering/farm science seat allotment if they are interested.
Rounds of KCET Seat Allotment 2019
- First – In the 1st round, candidates will be allotted seats based on the rank of the aspirant and also will be given higher priority to the choices filled.
- Second – All the vacant seats like those that are newly added, cancelled, forfeited or transferred will be filled in the second round of seat allotment of KCET 2019. Those candidates who have chosen choice 2 or 3 will be able to participate in this round of seat allotment.
- Extended/Third – Candidates who are looking for higher seats will be granted seats in this round.
Cancellation of KCET 2019 Seats
- If a candidate wishes to give up his/her seat in the 1st or 2nd round before the option entry, before the 3rd/ extended round, an amount of Rs. 5000 will be deducted from his/her fees and the rest will be refunded.
- In case the aspirant surrenders the allotted seat in 3rd/extended round, the complete fee will be forfeited and will not be returned to the candidate.
- If a candidate does not return the original admission order, green card, bank challan and verification slip, he/ she will not be allowed to surrender or cancel the seat.
- Those candidates who have been allotted seat in the 1st or 2nd round and have not reported to the college, and/or surrender the seat after second extended round completion, then the entire fee will be forfeited.