|Jain University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
KCET 2019: The result has been declared on 25th May 2019. The link to check the same is available on this page below. KCET is short for Karnataka Common Entrance Test and is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). All aspiring candidates must fill the KCET application form 2019 in order to appear for the examination before the given deadline.
Check Eligibility For KCET Exam
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2019 is being conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility/merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates and the ward/s of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants to the First year or First semester of full time courses for Government share of seats in Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Naturopathy & Yoga, Unani, Homoeopathy, Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Farm Science courses i.e, Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture, B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture, B.Sc (Hons) Forestry, B.Sc. Agri Bio-Tech, B.HSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.F.Sc (Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)., B.Sc. (Hons) Agri. Marketing & Co‐Op, B. Pharma and Pharma‐D course, in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un‐Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2019-20.
KCET 2019 will get the candidate admission in the undergraduate level courses like engineering, agriculture, pharmacy & various other courses offered in the 220 Government colleges/ private aided/ private un-aided/ Universities of Karnataka that accept the KCET score.
KCET Result has been announced on 25th May 2019. Candidates who appeared in the examination can check the same using the link available here.
|Jain University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Will KCET go Online from Next Year?
We intend to take all competitive examinations conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) online. And as a part of this effort, we will start conducting the CET examinations online from Next Year
The Higher Education Minster, G T Deve Gowda gave the above statement on 9th January 2019 in regards to conducting the KCET for engineering seats in the online mode. He also mentioned that there is adequate infrastructure to hold the KCET in the exam centres in the online mode. However, there is no clarification as to when the same will be implemented.
There have been many complaints regarding the leak of question paper and errors while taking the KCET exam in physical mode. Therefore, a decision like this to change the mode of examination will help improve transparency and standard method of checking the answers.
Since most entrance examinations are now being conducted in the online mode, there are chances that the KCET will also be made an online computer based test rather than an offline exam. Till then, let us wait for the official notification regarding the mode of the examination.
About KCET 2019
Candidates are hereby informed to go through the Information Bulletin carefully and understand /acquaint themselves:-
- Candidates have to apply online for KCET 2019. For admission to Engineering, AYUSH, Farm Science, B.Pharm courses KEA will conduct the CET. For admission to Medical and Dental courses candidates have to qualify in the NEET 2019 examination.
- Information Bulletin can be downloaded from the Website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Online submission of Application Form may be made by accessing KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in Instructions for Online submission of Application Form are available in the Information Bulletin and on the KEA Website
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on KEA Website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must retain the following documents with them as a reference for future correspondence.
- At least three printouts of the finally submitted online Application.
- Proof of fee paid
- 2-3 copies of identical Photograph that scanned and uploaded on the Online Application.
- Candidate must ensure that mobile numbers, e-mail address entered in the online application form are his/her own as in case of urgency KEA may send information /communications by SMS or mail on given mobile number and mailing ID only.
- The Candidate /parents shall be held responsible for non-receipt of latest information due to wrong mobile number or mailing address filled in the On Line Application Form.
- Candidates must preserve the Admit Card till the admission in College or Institution.
- For the latest updates, candidates must remain in touch with the KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in till the completion of final round of counselling.
- Candidates /parents are advised to visit KEA Website at least twice in a day for the latest news /updates and also check their mobile /e-mail as in case of urgency KEA may send the information /communications.
|Full Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Common Name||KCET 2019|
|Exam conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Level of Examination||State level|
|Mode of Examination||offline pen and paper-based mode.|
|Admission In||Affiliated colleges of Karnataka|
|Counselling conducting Body||KEA|
KCET 2019 Exam Dates
Candidates appearing for the examination can note down the events and dates of KCET 2019. The KCET 2019 Examination Date and Schedule have been tabulated below:
|Release of official Notification|
11th January 2019
|Availability of online application form|
1st February 2019
|Last Date to submit the application form|
28th February 2019
|Re-open of Application form||5th – 20th March 2019|
|Application Form correction date||9th May to 13th May 2019|
|Availability of admit card||12th April 2019 (Released)|
|Mathematics & Biology Exam Date|
|Physics & Chemistry Exam Date|
|Kannada Language Test in Bangalore (only for Horanadu, Gadinadu and Kannadiga candidates)|
|Provisional answer key availability|
1st May 2019
|Announcement of result|
25th May 2019
|Counselling & verification of documents||June 2019|
|Seat Allotment Schedule||July 2019|
KCET 2019 Bell Timings
Are you eligible for KCET 2019?
Only eligible candidates will be considered for the candidature of KCET 2019. The eligibility criteria will be prescribed by KEA. Check the KCET 2019 eligibility criteria to know whether you are eligible to take the exam or not.
- You must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- An applicant must have an age of 17 years or above.
- The aspirant should have studied Physics and Mathematics as main subjects and English as a language subject. Candidates must have studied Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology as an elective subject in class XII.
- Candidates belonging to the general category should have obtained at least 45% aggregate scores in class 10+2. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories SC, ST Category I and OBC (2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B), candidates need to have secured minimum 40% marks.
For Engineering / Technology courses:
A candidate who has passed the Q.E. with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry / Bio‐Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer Science as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study and obtained an aggregate minimum of 45% marks in the optional subjects in the Q. E. is eligible for Engineering / Technology courses. 40% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST, Category‐I and OBC (2A, 2B, 3A and 3B) Category candidates. Provided that, the marks obtained by the candidate in Bio‐Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer Science in the Q. E., will be considered in place of Chemistry, in case the marks obtained in Chemistry is less for the required aggregate percentage, only for the purpose of determination of eligibility and not for the purpose of determination of rank, in respect of Engineering / Technology courses.
Based on the performance of the candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in both Common Entrance Test and the Qualifying Examination by taking the marks in equal proportions, the Engineering rank list will be prepared and published.
Who can Apply for KCET 2019 Exam?
- No candidate shall be eligible for admission to Government Seats unless he is a citizen of India.
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than the universities listed in the notification at VTU Website are NOT eligible and candidates who have passed from Karnataka State Open University are also NOT eligible.
- A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 2nd PUC / 12th Standard in 2019 whose result is awaited, may apply and appear for Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2019 but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to any of the course specified in 1 above, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks.
- The educational qualifications/eligibility criteria prescribed by the Competent Authority in regulations/guidelines issued from time to time will be applicable in deciding the eligibility.
- Eligibility / admissions / allotments made to and by the colleges shall be subject to approval by MCI / DCI / AICTE / COA / CCIM / Government / concerned University / Apex Bodies / etc.
Eligibility Clauses To Claim For Government Seats
- No candidate shall be eligible for admission to Government Seats unless he is a citizen of India and satisfies any one of the following conditions:-
- Each condition is specified as a clause and is individually referred by a code. The documents to be produced during verification of documents in support of the claim for each of the Clauses are also detailed below the respective clauses.
- The candidates who do not satisfy any of the Clauses / Eligibility Criteria detailed below and the candidates who do not produce the prescribed documents in original will not be eligible for admission to professional courses under Government quota seats.
- Other than the certificate mentioned in clauses, if a candidate claiming seat under Article 371 (j) Hyderabad-Karnataka region reservation, candidate should produce eligibility certificate from the concerned Assistant Commissioner in Annexure-A as per the format.
Courses Offered through KCET 2019
After qualifying KCET 2019, Candidates can get admission to the following programmes:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- B.Sc in Agriculture, Horticulture, Sericulture, Forestry
- B.Sc Agri Bio-Technology
- BH.Sc. (Home Science),
- B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering, Dairy Technology, Food Technology, Food Science & Technology
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries),
- B.Sc (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op)
- AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy) courses
KCET 2019 Application Form
Candidates have to enter the application details through online to become eligible for admission to Professional Courses through Karnataka Examinations Authority. There is no pen and paper form. Please note the following.
- Karnataka CET online application is a user-friendly application.
- First candidates have to download the blank application and in consultation with parents confirm the information /details to be entered in the downloaded application form and familiarise the same by practicing at home.
- Candidates will be provided with all the information required for each entry during filling of online application.
- Most of the fields will be only a selection from the readily available information; and all the fields are self-explanatory with a dropdown menu; the candidates have to select the suitable /appropriate items from the list.
- The entire online application process is in two phases. In the first phase candidates will fill the details and can edit the data any number of times and also can take the draft printouts before selecting the declaration. Before commencing the second phase, candidates can edit /delete /add any information any number of times.
- In the second phase the candidates have to select the declaration after confirming themselves that there are no changes to be incorporated or all the entries made by them in the online application are correct.
- Once the declaration is done there is no provision to change / edit/ delete/ add any information to the entries already made by the candidates.
- Candidates are informed to make sure that the entries made before declaration are correct.
- After declaration candidates have to select the specified banks from the list and download the challan for making the payment at the respective bank.
- After completion of all the process, the candidates are required to take a final print out of the online application form for further process at the time of online seat allotment.
How to Fill KCET Application Form 2019?
- The KCET 2019 Application Form was made available in the online mode only. The application form was released again from 5th March and has closed on 20th March 2019.
- The KCET application form 2019 link was provided here and candidates will be required to first register themselves on the application portal to fill up the form.
- Applicants then had to fill personal and academic details in the application form.
- During application form filling, candidates were asked to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression in the prescribed specifications.
- The KCET application fee varied according to the category of the candidate. Applicants must provide only the correct information while filling up the form.
KCET 2019 Application Fee
The Karnataka CET 2019 application fee for various categories is mentioned below:
- Application fee payment will be done in offline mode (bank Challan).
- Candidates residing outside India can pay the fee through DD drew in favour of Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority payable at Bangalore.
- DD should be sent to KEA address mentioning the application number.
KCET 2019 Exam Pattern
Do you know the right Exam pattern? The KCET 2019 exam pattern includes details about the examination like the mode and duration of the exam and information about the exam pattern like the number of questions, number of sections, the marking scheme etc. Get the full exam pattern listed below.
- The exam will be conducted in the offline pen and paper-based mode.
- 1 hour 20 minutes for each paper will be allotted to complete the KCET 2019 (paper-1 for Mathematics and paper-2 for Chemistry and Physics).
- There will be a total of 180 questions. 60 from Physics, 60 from Chemistry and 60 from Mathematics.
- KCET 2019 question paper will consist of objective type questions.
- The language of the question paper will be English or Kannada.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer without any provision of marking scheme.
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test will be held on TWO days in FOUR different sessions for four subjects. On the first day, a test will be conducted for Biology and Mathematics subjects in two sessions and on the next day test will be conducted for Physics and Chemistry subjects in two sessions as per the date and time notified. Each paper /subject will be conducted for 60 marks each with a duration of 80 minutes.
Each question paper will be of Multiple Choice Questions (Objective) type. The question paper in each subject will be in 16 different versions and each question will have four different options. Each question will carry ONE mark. The candidate is expected to attempt all the questions, in order to obtain maximum marks. In other words, there is no choice of questions. THERE WILL BE NO NEGATIVE EVALUATION WITH REGARD TO WRONG / INCORRECT ANSWERS BUT MARKS WILL NOT BE AWARDED IN RESPECT OF MULTIPLE ANSWERS for the same question. The version code of the question paper will be boldly printed on facing sheet of the question paper.
The version code of the question papers given to a student may be different OR may be the same for different sessions.
Mode of Conducting the Test
In order to obtain admission to any of the professional courses through KEA, a candidate must appear for the Common Entrance Test as per their choice of courses, which will be conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore (Herein after referred to as KEA). The (KCET) Common Entrance Test 2019 will be conducted at 54 places, spread over Karnataka. Candidates who have passed or are appearing for Qualifying Examination within Karnataka should write ‘KCET‐2019’ in a test centre assigned by the KEA within the district in which the candidate has studied 2nd PUC or 12th standard.
KCET 2019 Syllabus
Candidates must clearly go through the correct KCET 2019 syllabus in order to prepare efficiently. The KCET 2019 syllabus will be based on the topics studied in class 11th and 12th as prescribed by Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. Check out the syllabus here.
KCET 2019 Admit Card
The KCET 2019 Admit Card has been released for all the registered candidates on 12th April 2019. Earlier it was scheduled to be published on 5th April 2019. The KCET 2019 hall ticket is available only in online mode. On the Admit Card portal, candidates will be required to enter their KCET 2019 Application Number and date of birth. KCET 2019 Hall ticket is one of the most important documents that the candidate must carry to the exam center on the day of the examination. The KCET hall ticket 2019 will carry crucial details like name of the candidate, the exam center date and address, the exam time, photograph and signature of the candidate and other details. Candidates must mandatorily carry the KCET Admit card 2019 to the exam center as the absence of it will debar the candidate from taking the exam.
KCET Exam Centres 2019
The exam centres of KCET 2019 are the places where the entviarance examination will be conducted by the authorities. While filling the application form, the candidates will have to select their preferred exam cities. Allotment of exam centre will be done according to the preferred exam city and availability of the centre. Details about the exam centre will be present in the admit card. An exam city may have multiple KCET 2019 exam centres. For the previous session, there were 53 exam cities involved in the examination.
The examination center for writing ‘KCET 2019’ in respect of all the candidates will be assigned by the KEA Computers on random basis. The candidates who have passed or are appearing for Q. E. within Karnataka should write the ‘CET 2019’ in a place within the district in which they have studied 2nd PUC or 12th standard. If the ‘CET 2019’ examination centers are located in more than one place in a district, the candidate can choose any one of the places.
For example: If the candidates have studied their 2nd PUC / 12th standard in ‘Mysore or any place in the Mysore district’, then they have to write CET only in ‘MYSORE’. If they have studied in ‘Bellary Dist’, then they can write CET either in ‘HOSPET’ or in ‘BELLARY’.
KCET 2019 Answer Key
After the completion of the entrance test, the Provisional ANSWER KEY has been published on 1st May 2019 by KEA on the KEA Website: http://kea.kar.nic.in The candidates/parents/lecturers can file their objections, if any, addressed to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore” on or before prescribed date either in person or only through SPEED POST/email: keauthority‐[email protected], with regard to any of the published answer Key, along with all supporting documents / justification. The objections received by the KEA will be placed before an Expert Committee, whose decision will be final for determination of the right answer key. The answer key approved by the Expert Committee will be applied during evaluation for determination of merit order
The official answer key has been released on 1st May 2019. The KEA KCET answer key carries all answers to the questions asked in the examination. With the help of the KEA KCET answer key, candidates will be able to cross check their own answers and have an idea of the probable score that he/she will be scoring in the examination. In case candidates raise objections with valid proof against answers provided in the provisional answer key, then the admission committee will consider the objections and then release the final answer key for candidates.
OPTICAL MARK READER SHEETS AS ANSWER SHEETS
A model of the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheets that will be used for marking the answers by the candidates is hosted on the KEA Website. The need for the replica has compelled us to design OMR sheet in such a way that all the information and the answers are marked only on one side. The top portion of the sheet is meant for furnishing the particulars about the candidates such as the Name, CET Number, Version code and serial number of the question booklet. The bottom portion is meant for marking the answers, affixing the signature of the room Invigilator & candidates and also for affixing the Left-Hand Thumb Impression of the candidate. The space meant for the subject would have been pre-marked. The square blocks in each item should be filled by the candidate in capital letters and numbers. The circles corresponding to the letters or numbers are meant to be completely shaded using blue or black ink ballpoint pen only.
KCET 2019 Cutoff
The cut-off is the minimum marks that a candidate must obtain in order to be eligible for admissions to the engineering institutes. KCET 2019 cutoff will be released by the exam conducting authorities with opening and closing ranks for different institutes and branches of engineering. The cut-off is prepared on the basis of certain factors like the number of seats, the number of candidates, the difficulty level of the exam and cutoff trends of previous years. Only those who meet the cut-off will be considered for the counselling procedure.
KCET Merit List 2019
As per the merit determined by the KEA, the Medical / Dental, ISM & H, Engineering, Architecture, Farm Science, B‐Pharm and Pharm‐D ranks will be assigned to the eligible candidates. Separate result sheets showing the Medical / Dental, ISM & H, Engineering, Architecture, Farm science, B‐Pharm and Pharm‐D ranks will be published on the notified date on KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in. The correct answer key and the list of candidates whose results have been withheld and the reasons for withholding the results will also be published along with the results. The candidates whose results are with‐held for want of 2nd PUC / 12th Std. Marks and date of birth such candidates /parents need not to worry because ranks will be assigned as and when they submit the required documents on the specified dates during office hours.
Candidates who have any objections in respect of any of the entries or issues or discrepancies in the result sheets, such as discrepancy / changes in the Q. E. marks, version code, NEET / NATA scores etc., except the marks secured in the Common Entrance Test, can submit their objections within three days from the date of publication of the CET ‐ 2018 result and thereafter result will be published for such candidates. (See box item given below for details about intermediary ranks / Spot ranks i.e., ranks ending with G55, G44, G33 etc.)
NOTE: (1) The candidates are requested to verify their qualifying examination marks printed on the result sheets without fail, if there is any discrepancy with reference to qualifying examination marks the same should be brought to the notice of this office immediately for fresh assignment of ranks, if any.
(2) Candidates whose results will be withheld for want of qualifying examination marks should submit a photocopy of their Q. E. marks card either in person or through ‘Speed Post’ to the KEA and the ranks in respect of such candidates will be published subsequently.
KCET 2019 Result
The KCET Result 2019 has been released by the exam conducting body in the online mode on the official website. The result has been declared on the official website for all those candidates who have taken the KCET Exam 2019. Candidates will be required to download the scorecard by entering their KCET registration number. The Result of each candidate will carry the score obtained in each subject and the overall score obtained by the candidate. Candidate must not forget to take a print out of the scorecard for future references.
KCET 2019 Counselling and Seat allotment
The qualified candidates will be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure based on the merit of the candidate. The KCET 2019 counselling will be conducted in both offline and online mode. Candidates will be called based on his/her preference of the college and course for document verification and seat allotment procedure. The candidates will be allotted seats and will be required to go to the institute and get the documents verified.
FAQs Regarding KCET Exam 2019
KCET Participating Institutes 2019
Admissions into the participating institutes of KCET 2019 will be done on the basis of the candidates’ performance in the examination. Around 220 government colleges/private aided/private un-aided/institutes of Karnataka will be participating in the examination of KCET 2019.
KCET 2019 Highlights
- You can fill the application through online mode only.
- Appearing candidates can also fill the application form of KCET 2019.
- The registration will be started from the fourth week of January 2019.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through the SBI bank challan.
- Candidates can check the eligibility from the above-given section.
- The eligibility criteria vary as per the courses opted by the students.
- The application form is common for all the courses.
- You can attend only physics, chemistry and biology papers.
KEA Contact Details
Karnataka Examinations Authority(KEA)
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560012.
If you have any questions related to KCET 2019, do ask us in the comments section below!