Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is the conducting body of the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET). Through KCET one can get admission in the first-year professional degree programs. KEA offers various UG programmes in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Yoga & Naturopathy, Veterinary, Farm Science, B.Pharma, etc. KCET 2021. KEA will release the KCET 2021 application form tentatively in the month of February 2021. Only the eligible students can participate in the Karnataka Common Entrance Test. Candidates who have cleared or appearing for the 10+2 in the respective fields are eligible to apply.
Check Eligibility For KCET Exam
KCET 2021 application process will take place in an online mode. However, the KCET 2021 exam will take place in an offline mode. The exam will take place for the subjects i.e Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology. Authority will prepare the merit list on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates. KCET 2021 score leads the candidates to get admission in the Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un‐Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the state
KCET 2021 Dates
Candidates who are willing to appear for the KCET 2021 must be aware of the important dates regarding the Karnataka Common Entrance Test. They must keep themselves updated with the dates given below in order to not miss any chance to appear for KCET. Since the official notification is not out, tentative dates are taken into account fo the general reference. Check the date mentioned below.
|KCET 2021||Important Dates|
|Application form release date||February 2021|
|Last date to submit KCET form||March 2021|
|Last date to pay the application fee||March 2021|
|Form correction facility starts from||March 2021|
|Date of release of admit card||April 2021|
|Exam date for KCET 2021||April 2021|
|Date of Kannada Language Test||April 2021|
|Verification of Documents for Agriculturist quota at the respective|
Practical Test Centres
|Date of Practical Examination for UG course applicants for Agriculture /|
Horticulture / Veterinary Universities under “Agriculturist Quota”
|Release of answer key||1st week of May 2021|
|Objection against the answer key||1st week of May 2021|
|The date for the announcement of the result||3rd week of May 2021|
|Counselling starts in||June 2021|
KCET 2021 Important Facts
- KCET Application process will take place in an online mode but the exam will take place in offline mode.
- Two days are taken into account for the exam i.e 1st-day Physics and Chemistry & 2nd day Mathematics/Biology will take place.
- The exam paper will be MCQ type and there is 1 mark for the correct answer and no negative marking for the wrong answer.
- 4th paper i.e Kannand Language Test is also there but it is only meant for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates. The 4th paper test will be held only in “BANGALORE”.
- KCET Merit list is prepared from the marks gained in the qualifying exam and the CET in PCM subjects.
KCET Eligibility Criteria 2021
Eligibility criteria is the main requirement of the candidates to fill the KCET online form. Not all candidates can participate in the KCET 2021 procedure. Let’s look at the KCET 2021 eligibility criteria set by the KEA.
- Nationality: Must be an Indian
- Age Limit: There is no such age limit.
- Qualifying Exam: 2nd PUC / 12th Std / OR Equivalent Exam
- The qualifying Subjects: Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer Science as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study.
- Qualifying Marks: 45% of marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer. (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates)
- NOTE: Based on the performance of the candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in both the Common Entrance Test and the Qualifying Examination by taking the marks in equal proportions, the Engineering rank list will be prepared and published.
Who All Are Not Eligible To Apply For KCET 2021?
- If aspirants are not Indian then they are not eligible for admission in govt. seats.
- Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) candidates are also not eligible to apply for KCET.
- Those who have passed the qualifying exam other than the universities listed in the notification at VTU Website.
KCET 2021 Application Form
KEA will release the application form in an online mode in the official site i.e cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. Candidates must have the valid email id, mobile no. and the document required before filling the KCET application form 2021. Lets briefly look at the procedure:
- Once the candidates click on the link to “apply online”, have to select one of the options mentioned. Make a note that KCET is only meant for the Indian Candidates.
- Candidates have to register themselves for KCET 2021 by entering information such as name, mobile no., email id, Password, Security, etc. The Login id will be formed and thus candidates can use the id to login to the account.
- Now candidates have to log in to the account and fill the application form by entering personal details, qualification details etc.
- Upload the files required such as a photograph, Left Hand Thumb Impression (LHT) and signature along with parents’ signature.
|Colored photo with white background||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||jpg/jpeg format||5 to 40 KB|
|Signature (Not in capital letters and use black or blue ink)||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Left Thumb Impression of Candidate|
Left Thumb Impression/Signature of Parent/Guardian (Mandatory)
- Make the application fee payment which is as follows
|GM, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B (within Karnataka)||Rs. 500|
|SC, ST, CAT-1 (Karnataka)||Rs. 250|
|All-female candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 250|
|General merit outside Karnataka||Rs. 750|
|General merit outside India||Rs. 5000|
Mode of payment: Candidates need to pay the application fee either of the following modes:
- Net banking by NEFT / RTGS / IMPS through ICICI bank, Yes Bank, Indian bank.
Note: Take the print of the application form as it will be required at the time of verification during counselling along with other documents.
KCET Syllabus 2021
KCET will be held for three papers (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology) and 4th paper in Kannada Language Test which is only meant for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates. Candidates must be aware of the detailed syllabus of KCET 2021 in order to start the preparation. KCET 2021 syllabus will be based on First and Second PUC syllabi as published by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
Check the KCET syllabus below:
|Units & Measurements|
|Motion in a straight line|
|Motion in a plane|
|Law of Motion|
|Work, energy & power|
|System of particles and rigid body|
|Mechanical properties of solids|
|Mechanical properties of fluids|
|Thermal properties of the matter|
|Electric Charges and fields|
|I PUC||II PUC|
|Sets and functions||Relations and functions|
|Calculus||Vectors and 3-D geometry|
|Mathematical reasoning||Linear programming|
|Statistics and probability||Probability|
|I PUC||II PUC|
|Some basic concepts of chemistry||Solid-state|
|Structure of atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter- Gases and Liquids||Surface chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Redox reactions||d and f block elements|
|s-block elements||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-block elements||Alcohols, Phenols, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic acids and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry – Some basic principles & Techniques||Biomolecules and polymers|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Environmental chemistry||Chemistry in everyday life|
KCET Exam Pattern 2021
Knowing the exam pattern is as crucial as the other process. Exam pattern helps the candidates to know about the question pattern asked in the exam relating to the marking scheme and all. Lets briefly look at the KCET Exam Pattern 2021.
- Exam Mode: Offline i.e pen-paper mode.
- Exam Duration: The entrance test is 1 hr 20 minutes i.e 80 minutes.
- Type of questions: Objective type MCQ
- Total No. Of Question: 180 questions
- Total marks: The entrance test is of total of 180 marks.
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer candidate will get +1 marks and there is no negative marking for an incorrect answer.
Distribution of the question for KCET 2021 as per the paper is given below:
|Name of the Subject||The number of questions||Marks|
|Biology / Mathematics||60||60|
KCET Question Paper 2021
The KCET question paper is beneficial to the candidates who are going to attend the KCET 2021 exam. The previous years’ KCET question paper helps the candidates to know what type of questions are asked in the exam. Apart from these, candidates also get to know about the topic weightage, segregation of the marks as per the subjects and topics. KCET Question Paper will help the candidates to analyze their preparation for the exam and helps to indicate the weaker and stronger zone. And thus accordingly the students must act on.
KCET 2021 Admit Card
In order to carry the exam, the KCET hall ticket is an important document. It acts as an identity of the candidate on the day of the examination. No candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the KCET admit card. KCET Hall Ticket 2021 will be released in an online mode. Hence one should expect it through post or the courier. In order to download the hall ticket candidates have to first visit the official site and locate the admit card link. Then have to enter the application no. and date of birth as per the SSLC/Class 10th mark sheet in the login window and download it.
A list of information is available in the admit card such as Name of the candidates, centre name, roll no. etc. Along with the admit card, it is mandatory for the students to carry one original identification card.
NOTE: Preserve the KCET 2021 admit card till the day of admission.
KCET Exam Centres 2021
Candidates must have knowledge about the KCET 2021 exam cities. This is so that they should not place any inconvenience regarding the centers, its distance, etc. So candidates must search for the actual distance of the exam centre from their location. It is advised to visit the KCET 2021 exam centre to get familiar with the road and timing. Since the exam will take place in offline mode, candidates have to visit the exam centres with the following documents.
- KCET 2021 admit card
- Original Identification Card such as Passport/aadhaar card/pan card
- Class 12th admission ticket
KCET Answer Key 2021
Once the examination is over, the appearing candidates always seek for the answer key. KEA authorities will release the provisional answer key first. Candidates can check the KCET Answer key in an online mode. If at certain stage candidates want to challenge the answer key then they have to send a query regarding the answer key. For this candidates have to submit the supporting documents for justification and send it to the specified address in person or through speed post/email ID on the allotted dates.
After the provisional answer key and its challenges are done, the final answer key will be released. No further objections will be received once the final answer key of KCET is out.
KCET Result 2021
KEA will release the KCET Result in an online mode. Candidates have to log in to their account in order to check the KCET 2021 result. The result will reflect the candidate’s status of the pass and fail. However, in order to get admission through KCET, KEA accounts for the qualification exam marks and the KCET marks. KCET 2021 result will carry information like subject wise scores, total marks secured by candidates and rank obtained.
KCET Cut Off 2021
After the declaration of the KCET result, KEA will release the KCET cut off as per the colleges, subject, and category. It will come out in the form of the closing rank. Thus candidates have to check the cut off as per the preference of the colleges and other factors such as subject and category. Cut off is the minimum marks which the candidates have to acquire in order to move further in the admission process of KCET. There are many factors that determine the KCET Cut Off. Some of the factors are: no. of candidates register and appear for the exam, difficulty level of the exam, seat availability, participating colleges, etc.
KCET Counselling 2021
The shortlisted candidates have to visit the counselling centre along with the documents required. KCET Counselling 2021 will tentatively start in June 2021. In order to participate in the KCET counselling, candidates have to register themselves in an online mode. Counselling process will take place in two rounds. The steps involve in KCET Counselling are :
- Registration and verification
- Choice Filling and Locking
- Allotment of Seats
- Reporting at Allotted Institutes
Get the detail information about KCET Counselling 2021 here.
KCET Seat Allotment 2021
For the allotment of the seats, KEA will issue the seat matrix for each discipline The seat matrix will be prepared as per college wise, course wise and category wise on the KEA website. There will be three rounds for the allotment of the seats. In each round, there will be three phases and each phase consists of the number of iterations. Seat allotment will take place for those candidates who will clear the KCET cut off. Check the detail process of the KCET seat allotment and choice filling here.
KCET Preparation Tip 2021
Only appearing in the exam is not the motive, but to clear it and get admission to one of the colleges is the goal. So how to be different from others and score well in the exam. Everybody prepares for the exam in their own way but not all of them get success. This mainly happens due to the difference in the preparation level. Few things on which students should work out are:
- Well acquaint with the syllabus
- Know the exam pattern
- Aware of the books of each subject
- Keep away yourself from the distracting things
- Make a time table as per your time convenience
- Solve the previous years’ question paper
- Take the mock test frequently
- Focus and work more in the weaker zone. etc
The above are the few KCET preparation tips which the candidates must follow to clear the exam.