Karnataka MBBS/BDS Admission 2019: The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has released the admission process. However, the Online Registration Form is now available on the website. The last date of form submission is 19th June 2019. Candidates who have appeared the NEET 2019, are eligible for the admission process. However, the Karnataka MBBS 2019 Admission Process, will comprise of the form filling, merit list release, and counselling admission. Therefore, it is mandatory to submit the form of KEA 2019 in order to participate in the admission process.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, viewers will learn about the important dates, Registration Procedure, Merit List for Karnataka NEET 2019 and counselling
Karnataka MBBS 2019 Admission
- Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will be responsible for student allocation into various governmental and privatized colleges/institutes/universities located in the state of Karnataka.
- Counseling conducting body of Karnataka NEET 2019 will be considering National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) score of the students to allot seats as per the latest norm.
- Programmes offered under NEET include Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will be taking care of 85% of the total candidate list; the remaining 15% will be controlled by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Around 87 governmental and privatized college/institute/universities will be inviting students for admissions into MBBS and BDS programmes.
Karnataka MBBS/BDS Admission 2019 – Dates
Candidates, who are interested in pursuing medical/dental under graduation under state quota of Karnataka, can start applying, tentatively, from the 3rd week of June 2019. Merit list for first counselling session will be released around 1st week of July 2019. The first counselling will begin around 2nd week of June 2019. For detailed Karnataka MBBS/BDS Admission 2019, check the table-
|1||Karnataka MBBS/BDS Admission Registration||15th June 2019|
|2||Last Date for Application Submission||19th June 2019|
|3||Document Verification||Last week of June 2019|
|4||Release of Karnataka MBBS Merit List||Fourth Week of June 2019|
|5||Choice Filling and Locking||1st week of July 2019|
|6||First Seat Allotment||2nd week of July 2019|
|7||Admission Confirmation and Fee Payment||3rd week of July 2019|
|8||Second Counselling Registration||3rd week of July 2019|
|9||Last Date for Application Submission||3rd week of July 2019|
|10||Document verification||3rd week of July 2019|
|11||Release of Candidate List||3rd week of July 2019|
|12||Choice filling for New Registrations||3rd week of July 2019|
|13||Seat Allotment||4th week of July 2019|
|14||Admission Confirmation||4th week of July 2019|
|15||Mop Up Rounds||Last week of July – August 2019|
Karnataka NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
To be able to appear in the Karnataka MBBS Admission 2019, candidates are required to clear certain guidelines set forth by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Hence, the list of the eligibility criteria is as follows-
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Other than that, a candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.
- Candidates seeking admissions for the medical programmes must satisfy the domicile criteria of Karnataka.
- Hence, to be qualified as a domicile of Karnataka, candidates must have studied at least 7 years from government recognized Board of Karnataka.
- The minimum age required to apply for Karnataka MBBS 2019 admission is 17th years.
- The age limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories.
- There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST categories, i.e. SC/ST candidates can apply till 30 years of age.
- The qualifying examination will be the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
- Other than that, candidates must have passed 10+2 from State Board of Karnataka or equivalent.
- Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology are eligible to seek admission.
- Other than that, proficiency in English will be considered desirable.
- Candidates must have cleared 10+2 examination with a combined aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- 5% Relaxation is for the Physical Handicapped Candidates
- A relaxation of 10 percent is available for the candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories
Check – UP MBBS Admission 2019
Karnataka MBBS Application Form 2019
Candidates who meet the Eligibility requirements can proceed to the registration process. Karnataka MBBS 2019 Registration will mainly include creating a user ID, filling up of application form, uploading relevant documents, and application fee payment. The registration window will be open for only a few days; thus, candidates are advised to get registered as soon as possible. To successfully get registered, candidates can follow these steps given below.
Candidates will have to get registered from the official website of KEA by providing a valid email and some basic details.
Application Form Fill up
After registration, candidates will have to enter in personal and academic details.
- Uploading Documents – Recent passport size scanned the photograph and scanned image of candidate’s signature is to be uploaded as per the official guidelines set forth by KEA NEET.
- Application Fee Payment – After registering, filing up the application form, and uploading the documents, candidates are required to complete the application form by making application fee payment. The application fee is to be paid by bank challan.
Check – Telangana MBBS Merit List 2019
KEA MBBS 2019 Merit List
The Merit List for Admissions in Karnataka colleges and universities under medical programmes will be prepared by the Karnataka Examination Authority on the basis of performance of candidates in NEET 2019, availability of seat, and number of applicants. Merit Lists are an essential decider for the seat allotment procedure. Karnataka Medical Counseling Body will be referring mostly to the Merit List. Apart from that, candidates under special categories will be given some preferences under quota. Karnataka Medical Counseling Body will release Merit Lists for each counseling procedure. The first Merit List will be released around 4th week of June 2019 to 1st week July 2019.
Karnataka MBBS/BDS Admission 2019 – Counselling
Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2019 will be a straight forward procedure. KEA Medical Counseling Conducting Authority will prepare a merit list based on the candidates who register for the Karnataka MBBS/BDS admissions 2019. Merit Lists will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in NEET 2019. Based on the Merit List, candidates will be called in for participating in the counseling sessions of Karnataka MBBS admission 2019. Seats will be allotted to candidates therein, and they can confirm their admission by paying the admission fees before the last date. However, the counselling rounds might increase depending on the number of vacant seats.
The List of Documents, a candidate has to carry for Document Verification
Thus, the candidate has to carry the following documents at the time of Document Verification. However, the documents must be self-attested. Also, the student must carry the original as well as the photocopy of the documents.
- Domicile certificate of Karnataka
- Candidate’s NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card of the Candidate
- Counseling letter for Karnataka MBBS Admission 2019
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of Karnataka MBBS/BDS fee transaction slip and application form
Thus, the allotment of seats is only on the basis of the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. 10% of seats are available for ST/SC Category Candidates.
Karnataka MBBS 2019 Seat Allotment
Soon after the release of the Allotment List, candidates will have four choices. Out of these four choices, candidates can select an option. The four choices include –
The Choice one refers if the candidate is happy with the seat allotment and wish to final it by paying the admission fees.
Candidates who have got a seat in the allotment process, and are ready to get admission in that college.
The Choice III refers to the candidates who are not happy with the allotment decision and wish to change.
involves candidates who are neither satisfied with the allotment result, nor are willing to continue with the whole admission process.
Hence, we are expecting that the Merit List and Counseling Proces will start from the fourth week of June 2019. However, we advise the candidates to check the official website for more the latest updates and notifications. If you have queries regarding Karnataka MBBS/BDS Admission 2019, then please comment on the section below.