Karnataka MBBS/BDS Admission 2019: Karnataka Examining Authority (KEA) Bangalore will be conducting the annual counselling for medical and dental admissions for the academic session of 2019. Students will be allocated to various governmental and privatized colleges located in the state of Karnataka India. The whole admission will include registration, viewing merit list, choice filling and locking of college preferences, attending counselling session, waiting for seat allotment list, and confirming admission. Candidates will only be able to enter this admission drive if they clear the NEET 2019. Candidates going to be appearing for the NEET 2019 can choose to opt via state quota or via All India Counselling conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennett University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Shiv Nadar University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, viewers will learn about the important dates, Registration Procedure, Merit List for Karnataka NEET 2019 and counselling
Karnataka MBBS 2019 Admission
- Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will be responsible for student allocation into various governmental and privatized colleges/institutes/universities located in the state of Karnataka.
- Counseling conducting body of Karnataka NEET 2019 will be considering National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) score of the students to allot seats as per the latest norm.
- Programmes offered under NEET include Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will be taking care of 85% of the total candidate list; the remaining 15% will be controlled by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Around 87 governmental and privatized college/institute/universities will be inviting students for admissions into MBBS and BDS programmes.
Karnataka MBBS Dates 2019
Candidates, who are interested in pursuing medical/dental under graduation under state quota of Karnataka, can start applying, tentatively, from the 3rd week of June 2019. Merit list for first counselling session will be released around 1st week of July 2019. The first counselling will begin around 2nd week of June 2019. For detailed Karnataka NEET MBBS 2019 schedule, refer to the table below.
|1||Karnataka MBBS/BDS Admission Registration||3rd week of June 2019|
|2||Last Date for Application Submission||4th week of June 2019|
|3||Document Verification||Last week of June 2019|
|4||Release of Karnataka MBBS Merit List||1st week of June 2019|
|5||Choice Filling and Locking||1st week of July 2019|
|6||First Seat Allotment||2nd week of July 2019|
|7||Admission Confirmation and Fee Payment||3rd week of July 2019|
|8||Second Counselling Registration||3rd week of July 2019|
|9||Last Date for Application Submission||3rd week of July 2019|
|10||Document verification||3rd week of July 2019|
|11||Release of Candidate List||3rd week of July 2019|
|12||Choice filling for New Registrations||3rd week of July 2019|
|13||Seat Allotment||4th week of July 2019|
|14||Admission Confirmation||4th week of July 2019|
|15||Mop Up Rounds||Last week of July – August 2019|
Karnataka NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
To be able to appear in the Karnataka MBBS Admission 2019, candidates are required to clear certain guidelines set forth by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). These guidelines are espoused to maintain a specific standard in the student resources appearing in the Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2019. Refer to the table for detailed explication of Eligibility Criteria.
|S. No.||Factor||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India.|
Other than that, candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.
|2||Domicile Factor||Candidates seeking admissions for the medical programmes must satisfy the domicile criteria of Karnataka, i.e. students with either roots in Karnataka, who have spent considerable amount of years in the state of Karnataka, and has done their schooling from Karnataka will be considered eligible.|
To be qualified as a domicile of Karnataka, candidates must have studied at least 7 years from government recognized Board of Karnataka.
|3||Age Factor||The minimum age required to apply for Karnataka MBBS 2019 admission is 17th years.|
The age limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories.
There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST categories, i.e. SC/ST candidates can apply till 30 years of age.
|4||Qualifying Examination||Qualifying examination will be National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
Other than that, candidates must have passed 10+2 from State Board of Karnataka or equivalent.
|5||Qualifying Subjects||Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology are eligible for seek admission.|
Other than that, proficiency in English will be considered desirable.
|6||Qualifying Marks/Percentage||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 examination with a combined aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.|
There will be relaxation of 5 percent for physically handicapped students,
A relaxation of 10 percent will be given to candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories
Karnataka MBBS Application Form 2019
Candidates who meet the Eligibility requirements can proceed to the registration process. Karnataka MBBS 2019 Registration will mainly include creating a user ID, filling up of application form, uploading relevant documents, and application fee payment. The registration window will be open for only a few days; thus, candidates are advised to get registered as soon as possible. To successfully get registered, candidates can follow these steps given below.
- Register – Candidates will have to get registered from the official website of KEA by providing a valid email and some basic details.
- Application Form Fill up – after registration, candidates will have to enter in personal and academic details.
- Uploading Documents – Recent passport size scanned photograph and scanned image of candidate’s signature is to be uploaded as per the official guidelines set forth by KEA NEET.
- Application Fee Payment – After registering, filing up the application form, and uploading the documents, candidates are required to complete the application form by making application fee payment. Application fee is to be paid by bank challan.
Karnataka MBBS 2019 Merit List
The Merit List for Admissions in Karnataka colleges and universities under medical programmes will be prepared by the Karnataka Examination Authority on the basis of performance of candidates in NEET 2019, availability of seat, and number of applicants. Merit Lists are an essential decider for the seat allotment procedure. Karnataka Medical Counseling Body will be referring mostly to the Merit List. Apart from that, candidates under special categories will be given some preferences under quota. Karnataka Medical Counseling Body will release Merit Lists for each counseling procedure. The first Merit List will be released around 4th week of June 2019 to 1st week July 2019.
Karnataka NEET MBBS 2019 Counselling
Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2019 will be a straight forward procedure. Karnataka Medical Counseling Conducting Authority will prepare a merit list based on the candidates who register for the Karnataka MBBS/BDS admissions 2019. Merit Lists will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in NEET 2019. Based on the Merit List, candidates will be called in for participating in the counseling sessions of Karnataka MBBS admission 2019. Seats will be allotted to candidates therein, and they can confirm their admission by paying the admission fees before the last date. Counseling session will go up to two or more rounds until the conclusion of the whole admission procedure.
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate of Karnataka
- Candidate’s NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card of the Candidate
- Counseling letter for Karnataka MBBS Admission 2019
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of Karnataka MBBS/BDS fee transaction slip and application form
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
Karnataka MBBS 2019 Seat Allotment
Once the allotment list is released, candidates will have four choices. Out of these four choices, candidates can select an option. The four choices include choice I, i.e. candidates who are satisfied with the seat allotted and are willing to confirm their admission by paying the admission at the allotted college. Choice II involves candidates who are satisfied with the seat allotted but are willing to participate in the counselling proceedings further. Choice III involves candidates who are not satisfied with the allotted seat, yet are willing to participate in the following counselling proceedings. Lastly, choice IV involves candidates who are neither satisfied with the allotment result, nor are willing to continue with the whole admission process.