JIPMER Exam Pattern 2020 is available here. Candidates who are planning to fill in the application form can check all the details of JIPMER. Knowing the Exam Pattern of JIPMER is very important for those candidates who are willing to attempt the Entrance Examination. The Exam Patten includes complete details about the Examination including the syllabus pattern as well. The JIPMER/ NEET Exam will take place on 13th September 2020 due to COVID-19. So, if you are planning to attempt the Entrance Examination, then this article can be very helpful to you. In this article, we have mentioned complete details about the JIPMER Exam Pattern which includes dates, qualifying marks, syllabus, recommended books, and much more.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Highlights of JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern 2020
- The JIPMER MBBS is a National Level Entrance Examination that is conducted every year.
- The Jawahar Lal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education is the main conducting body of JIPMER.
- The Exam is conducted online.
- The Exam Paper is divided into the following sections- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logical and Quantitative Reasoning, and English Comprehension.
- The Total Time Duration of the Examination is 2 Hours and 30 Minutes.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates must be aware of all the important events and dates. Thus, the complete schedule is provided below for convenience.
|NEET Online 2020 Form (Released)||2nd December 2019|
|Last Date of the Application Form (Extended)||31st December 2019 06 January 2020|
|NEET 2020 Application Correction Form Link||15th January 2020 To 31 January 2020 9th Feb 2020|
13th March to 19th March 2020
1st April To 03 May 2020 (Over)
|Date of the Examination||13th September 2020|
NEET Hall Ticket 2020 has been issued to the eligible students. Candidates can download it through the provided link. In addition, note that no student will be allowed inside the exam hall without the admit card.
- Candidates should note that the JIPMER/ NEET Admission activities schedule has been revised due to the spread of Coronavirus. However, the revised schedule is provided here. Furthermore, there will be a delay in the release of admit card due to lockdown.
- The JIPMER 2020 Entrance Exam will no more take place. Instead, the admission will take place on the basis of the NEET 2020 Entrance Exam. Read about the Single Entrance Test for MBBS Admission.
JIPMER MBBS Admit Card 2020
JIPMER Admit Card will be released in May 2020. The Admit Card will be available online and the candidates can download it by submitting their Registration Number and Password. The JIPMER Admit Card is a very important document that has to carried by the candidates to the examination hall. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an Admit Card of JIPMER.
How to Download the JIPMER MBBS Hall Ticket 2019?
The Hall Ticket will be available a few days before the date of the exam. Candidates who are appearing the exam must download the admit card. The Admit Card will be available online on its official website. The step by step procedure to download the Admit Card is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of JIPMER
- Click on the Admit Card Link available on the Homepage
- Enter required details – Registration ID, Password, Captcha code, etc.
- The Admit Card will be available on the screen
- Check details and take the printout of the hall ticket.
JIPMER Exam Pattern 2020
The JIPMER Exam Pattern 2020 is released along with the Official Notification. Below we have mentioned complete details about JIPMER 2020-
- The Mode of the Entrance Examination is online, which means that is a Computer Based Test.
- The Exam is conducted once every year.
- The Exam is conducted in two shifts- Morning and Afternoon. The Morning Exam Session is from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and the afternoon session is 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- The Mode of the Examination Paper is in English only.
- The Questions will be available in Multiple Choice Objective-Based.
- The Examination Paper comprises 180 Questions which is divided into three sections- Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Each Question carries 4 marks.
- For each question, 4 marks will be awarded and for every correct answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
JIPMER Exam Pattern 2020 Section-Wise Distribution of Questions and Marks
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Biology (Zoology&Botany)||90 Questions||360|
|Total||200 Questions||720 Marks|
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Syllabus
The JIPMER MBBS Syllabus comprises of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logical and Quantitative Reasoning, and English Comprehension. The topics will be from the Class 11th and 12th subjects.
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Alternating Current
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electronic Devices
- Dual Nature of Nature Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Alcohols and Aldehydes
- Surface Chemistry
- Solid State
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acid, Phenols and Ethers
- D and F Block Elements
- P- Block Elements
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Haloalkenes and Haloaerens
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Co-ordination Compounds Isolation of Elements
- Cell Structure and Function Structural Organization in Plants and Animals
- Human Physiology Biotechnology
- Biology and Human Warfare Plant Physiology
- Ecology and Environment
English Language and Comprehension
- First Section A – Reading Unseen Passage and Note-Making
- Second Section B- Writing Skills
- Section C- Literature and Long Reading
Recommended Books for JIPMER 2020
When it comes to preparation, books are a highly required thing. We have listed out some of the best books for JIPMER 2020-
- Chapterwise Explorer JIPMER (Author- MTG Editorial Board)
- Objective Physics (Satya Prakash Arya)
- JIPMER Medical 15 years Solved Papers.
- Objective Chemistry (MTG Editorial Board)
- The Objective Botany (MTG Editorial Board)
- Target JIPMER by Arun Kumar
- Objective Zoology (MTG Editorial Board)
JIPMER 2020 Preparation Tips
Okay, so now that you have got the idea of the exam pattern and syllabus, now let’s check the Preparation Tips of JIPMER 2020. So, here are some of the preparation tips for JIPMER 2020 that will help you in the preparation.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Get to know the Exam Pattern and Syllabus well. This will help you to analyze and make strategies in your preparation.
Categorize the subjects based on your Difficulty Level
Now categorize the subjects on the basis of your difficulty level. Note that you have almost one year to prepare. Strategize how you want to prepare. It is advisable to start with the difficult subjects first so that you can have more time for revision.
Make Notes of Everything
Make Notes of Everything, this will help you to revise the topics when you are close to the exam. This will also help to make your basic fundamentals more strong.
Take Online Mock Tests and Previous Year Questions
Take Online Mock Tests frequently, this will enhance your time management skills as well as improve your speed in attempting the questions. Previous Year Questions are also important, as they will give you an idea about the exam pattern and types of questions that are asked in the exam.
JIPMER Cut Off Marks 2020
The Cutoff marks are the minimum marks that are set by the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education. To qualify the next stage, candidates have to score more than the cutoff marks.
JIPMER Minimum Qualifying Marks (Cut Off)
The Minimum Qualifying Marks of JIPMER MBBS is as follows-
|Category||Minimum Required Percentile|
Check – JIPMER 2020 Cutoff Marks
Highlights of JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern
- The JIPMER Entrance Exam is conducted online.
- The Test Time Duration of the Exam is 2 Hours and 30 Minutes.
- Total Number of Questions asked is 200 Questions.
- The Exam Paper is divided into five sections- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning, and English Comprehension.
- Total Marks Allotted in the Exam is 800 Marks
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Education conducts the exam every year.