JEE Main Application Form 2021: This year due to COVID 19 the process of 2021 is getting delayed. As per the sources, the form will be available in the last week of November. NTA conducts the JEE Main twice a year i.e January and April. This means that the application procedure takes place twice a year. Candidates who are going to appear in the JEE Main 2021 exam, must be aware of the process of the registration form. NTA has modified the application process as it includes registration, filling in applicant details, uploading photograph and signature and payment of application fee in online mode only. A list of information has to be filled by the candidates while doing the JEE Main 2021 registration. Information such as personal details, academic details, valid photo & signature has to be entered while filling the form. JEE Main 2021 online form is not complete without the application fee. One can pay the payment through the online mode by the means of debit card/credit card/ net banking.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
Read the JEE Main 2021 eligibility criteria before filling the online JEE Main Application Form 2021. Only the eligible candidates can fill the application form. Once the application process is done, candidates have to take the print of the confirmation page for further use. Get the details about the procedure to apply, documents & application correction from the article given below.
Important Fact About JEE Main 2021 Application Form
A list of important things is there related to the application form. So read the facts before heading towards the JEE Main Application Form.
- JEE Mains Application Form can be filled only through the online mode.
- NTA can reduce or increase the exam centres. So before choosing the JEE Main test city, check the list of cities mention by the NTA.
- Candidates will have the application no. while completing the Application Form
- Application fee might be increased as last year in 2020 there was hike in the application fee. So changes can be seen regarding the application fee.
- One can pay the application fee through an online mode only.
- Now candidates don’t require to have the name and date in the image which has to be uploaded while filling the form.
JEE Main Application Form 2021 Dates
Candidates who are going to appear for the 2021 exam, must be aware of the important dates regarding the registration form. Look at the tentative dates as the official notification is not out for the 2021 session.
|JEE Main 2021||January||April|
|Release of application form||November 2020||February 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||December 2020||March 2021|
|Last date to pay the application fee||December 2020||March 2021|
|Application form correction starts from||December 2020||March 2021|
|Application form reopens for J&k candidates||–||March 2021|
|JEE Main 2020 exam date||January 2021||April 2021|
Am I Eligible For JEE Main 2021?
In order to fill the JEE Main Online application form 2021, candidates have to be eligible for it. NTA set some eligibility criteria for the students appearing in the 2021 session. Without having the eligibility set by the NTA, no one can apply for the JEE Main. Let’s look at the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2021.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit criteria.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have cleared 12th board in 2019, 2020 and appearing candidates i.e 2021 can also apply.
- Subjects Requirement: Candidates must clear the 12th board with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- Qualifying Marks: The students must score 75% in 12th board (65% for the reserved category).
How To Apply For JEE Main 2021 Registration Form?
The candidates have to follow certain procedures in order to fill the form. But before that look at the important documents required to fill the form. Without these documents, candidates will find difficulty registering for the 2021 exam. There are a few things that the candidates are advised to keep ready before filling the application form of JEE Main 2021. The below documents will allow the candidates to have a smooth JEE Main registration process with fewer chances of mistakes.
Documents Required To Fill The Form:
- Have the valid Email ID and mobile number for JEE Main 2021 Registration. This is important because of the information regarding the application no. and password will be sent into the given email and mobile no.
- Have the identity proof such as Passport/ Aadhaar card/ voter ID/ ration card etc to register for JEE Main.
- Candidates must have the scanned images and signature as per the specifications prescribed by the NTA.
|Images||Dimension||File Size||File Format|
|Photograph||10 KB to 200 KB||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||JPEG|
|Signature||4 KB to 30 KB||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||JPEG|
- Students must have the 10th and 12th standard academic details to be filled in JEE Main 2020 online application form. Make sure to enter the correct details about the academic qualification
- Application Fee payment will be done in online mode. Have the debit card/credit card/net banking details to pay JEE Main 2021 application fee.
Look At The Procedure To Fill The JEE Main 2021 Online Form
There are five steps to fill the JEE Main Application Form 2021
Let’s look into the procedure briefly with a detailed view:
Step 1: Registration
Visit the official site of the JEE Main and locate the link for the JEE Main 2021 online registration. In the registration, process candidates have to fill the personal as well as contact details. After that candidates have to create the password. In this way application no. will be generated. Check the personal, contact details & password specification.
2. Fill The Application Form
Now the candidates have to fill the JEE Main application form 2021 with the correct credentials. All the information must have a valid proof in terms of the 10th or 12th certificate. Under the application form, four things are required. These are: Personal Information, Apply For, Education Details, Additional Details, Parent’s Income Details.
Personal Information: Details asked are:
- State Code of Eligibility
- PwD category or not
- Diabetic or not
- Place of Residence
- Mode of Preparation
Apply for :
- Apply For
- 4 Exam Cities as per the preference order
- Question Paper Medium
- 10th or equivalent examination details
- 12th or equivalent examination details
- Are you a twin?
Parent’s Income Details
- Qualification of Father, Mother, and Guardian
- Occupation of Father, Mother, and Guardian
- Annual Income of Father, Mother, and Guardian
After this candidates must review it to check the given information are correct and then click on the submit button.
3. Upload The Photograph & Signature
After entering the qualification and personal details, candidates have to upload the signature and photograph in the given format. The specification regarding the file size and dimension is mentioned above. If the photograph and signature file is not in the given format then the file will not be uploaded. So take care of the specification prescribed by NTA regarding the images.
To upload these documents, candidates have to click on the “Upload Scanned Images” tab.
4. Application Fee Payment
The application form is incomplete without the payment of the JEE Main application fee. The payment will take place in an online mode only. The payment can be done by debit card/credit card/net banking.
5. Print Confirmation Page
After this candidates must take the print of the confirmation page of the application form for future reference. Have multiple copies in order to avoid any kind of uncertainty. Acknowledgment page will resemble the picture given below.
Application Fee Details
It is up to NTA to increase or decrease the application fee. However, in 2020 there was a hike in the application fee. The fee mentioned below is the latest one. Check the jee main application fee as per the Paper, category, and gender-wise.
|Paper-1 (B.E./ B.Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||In India||General/ OBC (NCL)||Rs 650/-||Rs 325/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||Rs 325/-||Rs 325/-|
|Outside India||General/ OBC (NCL)||Rs 3000/-||Rs 1500/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||Rs 1500/-||Rs 1500/-|
|Both Paper-1 (B.E./ B.Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||In India||General/ OBC (NCL)||Rs 1300/-||Rs 650/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||Rs 650/-||Rs 650/-|
|Outside India||General/ OBC (NCL)||Rs 6000/-||Rs 3000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||Rs 3000/-||Rs 3000/-|
How Can A Reserved Category Student Fill The JEE Main 2021 Application Form?
The process for the reserved category to fill the form is the same as the general category only two differences are there which the candidates have to take note is: Category and Application Fee. The steps are:
- Do the registration for the JEE Main 2021 registration
- While filing the application form, there will be an option for the “Category”. In that category option reserved category, students must select the category which they belong to.
(Note that students must have the caste certificate to claim the reservation. The caste certificate is not meant to be uploaded but during the counselling procedure the students must have the cast certificate)
- Rest of the process takes place as usual but while paying the application fee, candidates must pay it as per the categorized application fee
How To Check The JEE Main Application & Payment Status 2021?
The registered candidates can check their application and payment status anytime by login into their accounts. In order to log in, candidates have to use their jee main application number and password/ D.O.B. Candidates after filling the form must check the application status. This is helpful to those who at some point in time while filling the application form, enter the wrong information. In the status, the candidates must check whether all the information entered is correct or not. If it is correct then ok otherwise in order to make a correction the candidate has to wait till NTA activates the link for the JEE Main application correction.
In case of the application fee payment, if the payment is done then it, ok but if the fee is not paid and the amount deducted from the account then candidates have to make another payment.
Note: The earlier paid fee will be refunded within seven days.
What If I Forgot My JEE Main Application No. & Password?
Many times after filling the application form, candidates forget or misplace their application no. or password. In such a situation the candidates have to follow the steps given below to retrieve the application no. and password.
Retrieve JEE Main Application Number 2021
- Visit the JEE Main candidate login window.
- Click on “I forgot my JEE Main application form number” button.
- Candidates have to enter the details required such as name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, state of eligibility and security pin.
- If the information entered is correct then the application no. will be generated.
Retrieve JEE Main 2021 Password
- Locate and click the JEE Main candidate login window at the official site of JEE Main.
- They must click on “I can’t access my account” button.
- Next, click on “I forgot my password” option.
They will have three options to retrieve their JEE Main 2021 password
Using Security Question & its Answer chosen during JEE Main registration.
By Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the candidate’s registered mobile number.
Using a reset link sent via email to the candidate’s registered Email address.
- Opt for any one of the above options and follow the given instructions to retrieve JEE Main password.
JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction
Candidates must fill the application form in one session with the correct details. However, candidates do mistakes while filling the form. National Testing Agency provides one last chance for the correction in the application form after the application procedure is over. The link is provided by the NTA on the official website of the JEE Main. During the application correction process, candidates can edit details such as paper, personal details, category, name, state of eligibility, etc. Check the segment in which JEE Main Application Correction can be done here:
- Personal Details: Spelling mistakes in name, parent’s name, etc can be corrected.
- Academic Details: School details, year of passing, qualifying exam.
- Exam Centres: Change of the exam center can also be done.
- Examination language: The language can be changed from English to Hindi/Gujarati and vice versa.
- Category: Candidates can also change their category. If the candidates change their category from general to reserved, then fees will not be refunded. If candidates change their category from reserved to general, they will have to pay the balance fee
- Change of Paper: The choice of paper from Paper 1 to Paper 2 as well as from Paper 2 to Paper 1. If candidates have applied for one paper and wish to apply for both papers they can do so on payment of the balance fee.
Steps For The JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction
- Visit the official website of the JEE Main
- Locate and click on the link ” JEE Main Application Form Correction” Window.
- Enter the application no. and password
- Make the changes that are required and make the final submission.
Note: The changes can be made only until the correction window is open. Further, there will be no correction in the form. This will be the last time for the correction so enter the correct details carefully.