The exam of JEE Main 2019 will be conducted by National Testing Agency, as per the announcement by MHRD Minister Prakash Javadekar. With the introduction of the newly formed exam conducting body, some changes are to be expected in the procedure of JEE Main 2019. Every year around 14 lakh candidates appear for the exam from various State and Central Boards across the country. The selection of the candidate is through the marks secured in JEE Main and through the counselling.
Check Complete Details About JEE Main 2019 Exam.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
The exam of JEE Main 2019 will be conducted twice in a year, one in January 2019 and in April 2019. The Application Form procedure of JEE Main 2019 has been over. The last date for the submission of the form was 30th September 2018. The often conflicted issue is the difficulty level of the exam which varies in each session which results in some of the candidates ending up with the difficult set of paper. It is very much natural that the candidate with the more difficult set of an exam will score less in the exam in comparison to candidates getting easier set of question paper.
National Testing Agency will be using the policy of ‘Normalization Procedure based on percentile Score’ in order to overcome such problem of the unequal gain of marks. The Normalization Procedure was utilized earlier also for equalization of class 12th marks with the purpose of bringing all the boards on the same level. Now the normalization Procedure will be used for JEE Main score which will be based on Percentile Score in order to ensure that the level of exam is equal for every candidate appearing for JEE Main 2019. The Normalization will be done to make sure there is no uneven difficulty level in the exam.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card Releasing Soon – Click Here
Percentile Score: Percentile Score is the marks obtained by the candidate and is transformed into a scale ranging from 0 to 100. The purpose is to compare the scores of the candidates in multiple sessions. Percentile Score will be the normalized score of the examination.
How will the Procedure of JEE Main 2019 Normalization work?
- Candidates should know that the raw scores ( of candidate secured in JEE Main 2019 on the basis of the marking scheme will be calculated.
- Each correct answer will add up the 4 marks and negative marking of 1 marks will be for each incorrect answer.
- The overall score of JEE Main 2019 will be calculated by comparing the raw score of the candidate with the raw score compared by all the candidates.
- The percentile secured by the candidate means the percentage of the candidates who have secured less than you in JEE Main exam or the percentage of candidates from whom you have secured above in JEE Main exam.
How will the Result of JEE Main 2019 be prepared?
- The result of JEE Main 2019 will be prepared on the basis of raw score and the percentile score of Total and all the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics).
Let T1, M1, P1, C1be the raw scores in Total, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry of a candidate and T1P, M1P, P1P, C1 be the Percentile Scores of Total, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry of that candidate.