Fakir Chand College Merit List 2020: The College will release the Fakir Chand College Admission Form Download link in the last week of May 2020. Candidates can access the admission form from the official website. Also, the candidates must remember that there is no entrance test for admission. The admission process is purely on the basis of the Fakir Chand College Merit List. Fakir Chand College is in Diamond Harbour, West Bengal. It is an affiliation to the University of Calcutta. Fakir Chand College is an Arts, Science, and Commerce College. The College has approximately 5000 students. So, in this article, we will discuss Fakir Chand College Merit List release dates, download process, details on the merit list, counselling, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Fakir Chand College Merit List 2020 Release Date
The College announces the admission schedule on the official website. Candidates can refer to the schedule in order to apply for the courses. As of now, Fakir Chand College has not released any date for admission. Therefore, take tentative dates into consideration.
|Release of Online Application Form||Last week of May 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Online Form||2nd week of June 2020|
|Release of Merit List||2nd week of June 2020|
Courses Offered by Fakir Chand College
|B.A & B.Com||Music, Physical Education, Sanskrit, Education, History, English, Philosophy, Political Science, Accounting & Finance|
|B.Sc.||Zoology, Economics, Geography, Chemistry, Botany & Electronics, Computer Science, Maths|
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
As per the rules of the University of Calcutta, minimum marks requirement in Higher Secondary/ equivalent exam is 50% in aggregate. 45% in the subject (or related subject) in which the candidate wants to apply for Hons. Course.
- The candidate who does not secure 50% in aggregate but they score 55% in the subject (or related subject) in Higher Secondary or equivalent exam are eligible for applying in Hons. courses
- In case the candidate has not studied the subject in Higher Secondary or equivalent but intends to take it as Hons. course, then the applicant must secure at least 50% aggregate marks (in top four) in the previous qualifying exam
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates who secure 40% aggregate in top four or 40% in the subject(or in related subject) in Higher Secondary or Equivalent exam are eligible to apply for Hons. courses
- In case a reserved category candidate obtains the score high enough to be taken into General category, then the candidate must be admitted in the General category seat
According to the Government of West Bengal rules, those who wish to take admission in B.Sc (Hons.), B.Com (Hons.) and B.A. (Hons.) courses,
- The Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe who get admission should secure qualifying marks in previous exam that is not below by more than 25% from the marks secured by last candidate in General category. If such candidate gets marks below the prescribed marks by the regulations of the University for admission to the courses, then they will not be eligible for admission. Candidates included in Fakhir Chand College General Merit List won’t be counted towards the reserved quota.
Special Criteria for Admission to Hons. Courses.
- Candidate for Hons. in Economics: If the candidate has passed Maths at Higher Secondary Exam (10+2) conducted by WBCHSE or equivalent exam in Business Maths/ Maths. Candidates who pass Business Economics including Business Maths at 10+2 level from WBCHSE are not eligible for Hons. Admission in Economics. Also, Maths is a mandatory pass- subject
- Candidate for Hons. in Maths: If the candidate has passed in Maths at previous qualifying exam. Candidates who have passed in Business Maths are not eligible for the purpose of admission to Maths Hons. course
- Candidate for Hons. in Chemistry: If the candidate has passed Physics, Chemistry, and Maths at previous qualifying exam
- The Candidate for B.Com Hons. in Accounting & Finance: Subject or allied subject mean Accountancy, Business Economics including Business Maths, Maths, Business Organization, Statistics, Economics, Business Studies, Office Practice & Secretarial, Elements of Cost Accountancy & Auditing, Financial Accounting, Commerce, Book Keeping, Principle of Management & Cost Accountancy
- Candidate for Hons. in Education: For this course, allied subjects are History, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, Political Science, and Maths
- Candidate for Hons. in Philosophy: For this, the allied subject is Philosophy
Reservation Rules for Admission in Fakir Chand College
As per the previous year information, below is the category-wise percentage of seat reservation. In case there any changes, we will update here.
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||22%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||6%|
|Other Backward Class – A (OBC-A)||10%|
|Other Backward Class – B (OBC-B)||7%|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||3% in each category above|
Publishing of Fakir Chand College Merit List 2020
Qualifying candidates can see their names on the merit list either on the College notice board or official website. Fakir Chand College will not send any personal message to the candidates regarding the merit list.
However, one important point to note is that the College can cancel the admission if any document or information is found to be invalid. Therefore, candidates must take extra care while filling the Fakir Chand College admission form.
Steps to Check Merit List of Fakir Chand College 2020
In order to access and download the merit list, follow the steps given below.
- Head to the official website of Fakir Chand College
- You will see the merit list on the homepage. Click on it
- The Merit List for different courses will be uploaded separately in PDF format
- Check the list for your course and download it
Details Present on Fakir Chand College Merit List 2020
Below is the list of details written on the merit list.
- Name of the Applicant
- Applicant ID
- Merit Rank/ Points
Preparation of Fakir Chand College Merit List 2020
The College authorities prepare and publish the merit list. The preparation of the merit list is on the basis of the candidate’s Class 12th marks. Since there is no entrance exam and the admission is on a merit basis, the candidate must provide correct information in application form. Any kind of misleading or invalid information will create trouble for the applicant. Therefore, pay special attention while filling the Fakir Chand College online form.
- Ranaghat College Merit List
- Siliguri college merit list 2020
- Kaliyaganj College Merit list
- Kaliachak College Merit List
- Raja peary Mohan college merit list 2020
- Balagarh Bijoy Krishna Mahavidyalaya merit list 2020
- Bhawanipur College Merit list 2020
- Jalpaiguri Law College Merit list 2020
- Shri Shikshayatan College Merit List 2020
- Baruipur College Merit List 2020
- Deshbandhu College Kolkata Merit List 2020
- Sonamukhi College Merit List 2020
- Kidderpore College Merit list 2020
- Harimohan Ghose College Merit List 2020
- Kalyani Mahavidyalaya Merit list 2020
Fakir Chand College Counselling 2020
After the release of the merit list, candidates have to participate in the counselling rounds. The College authorities will release the counselling schedule. All those who wish to confirm their admission to the College must report to Fakir Chand College with necessary documents. Those who fail to attend the counselling, they won’t be able to seek admission into the College.
Documents Required for Admission
Attested photocopy of:
- SC/ ST/ OBC Certificate (if applicable)
- Marksheet of Higher Secondary/ Equivalent Exam
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (if necessary)
- BPL Card (if applicable)
- Mark sheet of Higher Secondary or Equivalent Exam
- Original School Leaving Certificate
- Physically Challenged (PC) candidate must get a certification from Presidency Surgeon or from the Chief Medical Officer of the District
- Original Income Certificate of father/ guardian (the certificate must be issued by the employer of a Government/ Semi-Government/ Private concern employees and also by the Pradhan or Chairman of Municipality at the Gram Panchayat for others)
- Original challan/ Bank slip
- Printout of Fakir Chand College application form with color photograph and signed by the candidate and his guardian
NOTE: Candidate must bring all the original copies for verification purposes at the time of admission.