Punjab PNRC Nursing Admissions 2021 process is carried out by the PNRC. Punjab Nurses Registration Council (PNRC) is one of the state-level nursing councils in India. Its foundation year is 2006 as an autonomous body under the Indian Nursing Council. However, PNRC is functioning under the Punjab Nurses Registration Act 1932. It prescribes the entire curriculum for all the nursing courses. In this article, we have given an in-depth analysis of the Punjab PNRC Nursing Admissions 2021 and discussed a few important parameters of taking admission into a nursing course.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Punjab PNRC Nursing Admission Important Dates
The Punjab Nursing Registration Council releases the application form for different courses on its official website. Candidates should keep a regular check of the official website in order to get the latest updates. The application form is made available for a limited period of time. Thus, it is important to be well acquainted with the admission activities schedule. The important event dates for PNRC Punjab Nursing Admissions 2021 are thus mentioned in the table below.
|Release of the Official Notification||– July 2021 –|
|Starting Date of the Online Application Form||– July 2021 –|
|Release of BFUHS Nursing Admit Card||– August 2021 –|
|Date of PPMET Exam||– August 2021 –|
|Declaration of the Result||– August 2021 –|
|Submission of Documents (NRI Quota)||– August/ September 2021 –|
|Submission of the Documents (Sports Category)||– August/ September 2021 –|
Punjab PNRC Nursing Admission 2021
The Punjab Nurses Registration Council is responsible for conducting the PNRC Nursing Admissions for the academic year 2021. The PNRC also holds many other responsibilities, apart from conducting examinations. It is the main medical council that looks after which all institutes can offer nursing courses or not. For instance, the following are the major functions of the Punjab PNRC Nursing Council:
- Any nursing institution obtains the No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the State Govt. After obtaining NOC, the Punjab Nursing Council carries out an inspection. Finally, the decision is taken according to the Inspection report for the fresh affiliation.
- The Council has the power to make bye-laws to provide for the recognition of institutions competent to give such training.
- The final number of seats allotted to an institution shall be the minimum of three agencies i.e. NOC, PNRC, and INC.
Issue of Registration Certificate-
- Punjab Nurses Registration Council registers the candidates who have undergone the necessary course of training and passed the examination prescribed for Nurses, Health Visitors, Midwives, Auxiliary Nurse & Midwife, and Dais.
Issue of Diploma Certificate–
- The PNRC issues the Diploma certificates for various ANM, GNM, and other PNRC Diploma Nursing Courses. However, it is important for the candidates to pass the examination conducted by PNRC or on behalf of PNRC as per the Syllabus of the Indian Nursing Council. The prescribed proforma has to be attested from the institution from where the candidate has taken her training course. Also, carry along the prescribed fee fixed by the State Govt. from time to time.
- Council also issues Good Standing Certification to the candidates who have applied for various foreign countries. The Good Standing Certificate / Verification is only issued to those candidates who are registered with the Punjab Nurses Registration Council.
- The Punjab Nurses Council also conducts the examination under the powers of the Govt. to make bye-laws. The Punjab Nurses Registration Council follows the Syllabus of the Indian Nursing Council and the bye-laws framed by the State Govt. There are various examinations for Punjab PNRC Nursing Admissions. The details about the admission procedure into various nursing courses are mentioned in the latter part of this article. The aspiring candidates need to visit the official website regularly, in order to update with the examination details.
Punjab Nursing Council Admissions 2021
The PNRC Nursing Admissions Process is carried out in a fair manner to ensure that only merit students get admission. The application process is carried out in online mode. Candidates need to regularly visit the official website to get any updates. Applicants who want to participate in the admission procedure need to fill and submit the duly filled application form. Further, after that, a merit list is released for indicating the names of selected candidates. The merit list candidates then have to appear for the counseling round. But, to get admission to the university, applicants should meet the eligibility criteria. In addition, note that Punjab Nursing Admission Process 2021 is carried out on the basis of merit.
Punjab Para Medical Entrance Test (PPMET) 2021
Candidates who are willing to take admission to the B.Sc. nursing course in the state of Punjab must apply for PPMET 2021 before the last date of application. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) conducts Punjab Para Medical Entrance Test every year. The admission follows an offline mode of examination. The mode of application for PPMET 2021 is online. The entrance exam is for admission into various Paramedical Courses offered by BFUHS. The candidates who aspire to pursue nursing courses from Punjab need to appear for PPMET 2021.
Courses Offered by Punjab Nursing Council
There are many nursing courses which the candidates can choose from. The Punjab PNRC offers diploma level as well as undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Nursing. The admission process and eligibility are different for each of these courses. Candidates need to visit the official websites in order to know further details about the course. However, in this section, we are giving brief details about each of these courses, their application process, eligibility, and syllabus:
General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
Duration of the Course:-
Three and Half years (3.5yrs) came into effect from Session 2006-07.
- As per the Syllabus of the Indian Nursing Council, the basic qualification for admission in GNM Course is 10+2 with 45% marks.
- Age:- Age limit should be between 17 to 35 years on 31st December.
- The application fee amount is mentioned in the Punjab Nursing Information Brochure.
- For the general category applicants, the application fees are Rs 500/-
- The application fee for the applicants belonging to the reserved category is Rs 500/-.
- Applicants can also pay the application fee in offline mode through the demand draft.
- Note that the demand draft (DD) should be for the Medical Superintendent, Civil Hospital, Jalandhar, or Principal, School of Nursing, C.H. Jalandhar.
- For offline fee submission, you need to submit the application form along with the demand draft. Along with the attested copies of the necessary documents, make it to the School of Nursing, S.B.L.S. Civil Hospital, Jalandhar.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid and
- Personal Hygiene
- Medical-Surgical Nursing I
- Communicable Diseases
- Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Oncology/ Skin
- Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Computer Education
- Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing
- Community Health Nursing – II
- Paediatric Nursing
For a detailed GNM syllabus, please check: Detailed GNM Syllabus 2021
Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery (ANM)
Duration of Course:–
- One and Half years (1.5yrs) came into effect from Session 2007-08.
- As per the Syllabus of the Indian Nursing Council, the basic qualification for admission in ANM Course is Matriculation with pass marks.
- Age:- Age limit should be between 15 to 35 years on 31st December of the admission year.
Here are few important topics for the ANM course 2021
- Community Health Nursing
- Health Promotion
- Primary Healthcare Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Health Center Management
For a Detailed ANM Syllabus, Check Detailed ANM Syllabus 2021
- 4-year Undergraduate program (including internship)
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Also, the candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (l2-years course), or Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2), pre-degree Examination (10+2), or An equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university with Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- In addition, A minimum of 50 % aggregate marks and English as a compulsory subject.
- Minimum education:
- Most importantly, the candidates have to pass 10+2 class with Science (PCB) & English Core/ English Elective with an aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under AISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent Board.
- Before applying, the candidate should carefully read PROSPECTUS for eligibility conditions and other important instructions.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. Submitting more than one application by a candidate is liable to be rejected.
- Candidate ensures that he/ she has completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the admission year.
- After filling online application, the candidate should have deposited the requisite fee in the University account through any branch of the Oriental Bank of Commerce by using Bank Challan Form, which is generated after filling online application form at the university website i.e. bfuhs.ac.in. The fee shall not be accepted in any other mode i.e. cash, Cheque, Demand Draft, etc.
- After filling the online application form by the candidate, the University issue a Unique Registration Id. Registration id (i.e. Login Id) and password are provided to the candidate at his/ her registered Mobile Number through SMS and email.
- Admit cards are issued against those Registration Id’s, against which the Registration Id application fee has been remitted within stipulated date and time.
- The candidate should have to apply online by the due date. After this online application form shall not be available on the University website and no request is entertained in this regard.
- The fee should be deposited by a specified date/ time. The fee once deposited is not refunded/ adjusted in any case.
- The date should be filled in the format of dd/ mm/ yyyy i.e. date/month/year.
- Registration No and Password are mandatory for further process, so keep it secret and don’t disclose to any unknown person.
- You have to log in to upload Photograph, Edit Application, Application Status and to change your password options.
How to upload Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression:
- You have to login by entering your Registration No and Password.
- The size of the photograph, Signature, Left-hand Thumb impression should not be more than 25KB respectively. The candidate may use third-party software i.e. http://www.shrinkpictures.com to resize their photograph, Signature, Left-hand thumb impression before uploading.
- Lock your Application: To get the printout of your online application form you have to lock your application. Once you lock your application you shall not be able to edit your application data, so be ensured that you have entered correct data particularly check your Name, Date of Birth, categories, etc. before locking the application form.
- All application forms are locked automatically, after the cutoff date. Once the Application form is locked, it can’t be unlocked by the applicant.
- Candidates are advised to always Log out their application form when they are leaving the computer.
- Punjab GNM/ ANM Admission Important Dates
Candidates should be aware of all the important dates. Note that the officials may not accept your requests after the due date. Therefore, make sure that you submit your application form and documents on time.
- Rs. 3000/- for General Category (RS. 1500/- for SC categories only) along with GST be deposited in any branch of the Oriental Bank of Commerce throughout India by using Bank challan form which is generated after applying online through University web site i.e. www.bfuhs.ac.in by due date and time.
- The fee once deposited in the University account will not be refunded/adjusted.
The course duration is 4 years and the important topics covered in the syllabus are as follows:
- Nursing Foundation
- Pathology and Genetics
For a detailed syllabus of B.Sc. (Nursing) please check –
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing is a broad-based education aimed to build upon the skills and competencies acquired at the diploma in nursing level. It is specifically directed to the upgrading of critical thinking skills, competencies, and standards required for the practice of professional nursing and midwifery as envisaged in National Health Policy. The course is intended to enable the graduates, assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives at a basic level in providing promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services. Punjab PNRC Nursing provides Post Basic B.Sc. Course with the following conditions:
The maximum period to complete the course successfully shall not exceed 4 years (double the duration of the course)
- The applicant must have the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the university for this purpose. Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986, shall be eligible for admission.
- Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council.
The following are the few important topics of Punjab PNRC B.Sc. Post Basic Nursing course
- Nursing Foundations
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Maternal Nursing
- Child Health and Nursing
- Medical and Surgical Nursing
For detailed Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Syllabus, please check:
- Duration of the Course– The MSc. in Nursing is a 2-year course duration.
- Eligibility– The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing/ B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- Syllabus– The course duration is 2 years and the following are few important topics for M.Sc. Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Advance Nursing Practice
- Nursing Research and Statistics (Dissertation)
For more details on MSc. Syllabus 2021, please check- Punjab PNRC MSc. Course Syllabus PDF
Punjab PNRC Nursing Semester Exam Question Papers
The examination for the course of ANM, GNM, BSc. Nursing, Post Basic, and MSc. Nursing every year. The students need to visit the official website of the University in order to updates themselves with the examination date sheet and centers. There are both theories as well as practical exams at the end of every semester. Each of these exams is carried on different dates and venues. One can check the Sample Question Paper BSc.(N) MSc.(N), Post Basic(N) PDF in order to get an idea about the type of questions and exam pattern.
PNRC Semester Exam Datesheet
Baba Farid University Nursing Date Sheet for the semester exam is released on the council’s official website. Students can check the BFUHS Time Table in the links given below. The date sheet is available in pdf format. The University theory exam is held in the month of August and September. The exam is conducted for three hours. Students are advised to submit the exam form and fees within the last date. It is also important to carry the admit card on the day of the exam. Students can check the page for Baba Farid University Date Sheet to get a tentative idea of the 2021 examination.
|Examination||Date Sheet PDF 2019|
|BSc. Nursing and Post Basic Nursing||click here|
|MSc. Nursing||click here|