Bangalore University Distance Education Admission 2020:The Directorate of Correspondence Courses & Distance Education of Bangalore University invites the online application form for various UG/PG/Diploma courses. The application form for various UG, PG and diploma courses under the Distance Education of the academic year 2020-2021has been released at the official website i.e bu.online-ap1.com. UGC has granted permission to Directorate of Distance Education which offers different courses of study leading Under Graduate, Postgraduate, Professional Degree, P.G Diploma, Diploma, and Certificate Courses. Candidates can check all the details such as eligibility criteria, etc. regarding Bangalore University Correspondence Course Admission 2020 from this page.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Bangalore University Distance Education Application Form Notice
Bangalore University Correspondence Course Admission 2020
Bangalore University distance (DDE) and correspondence education department offers various UG, PG, and Diploma level courses in different disciplines. These courses are offered in the Correspondence and Open admission scheme through distance education mode. Application form for all the courses offered by Bangalore University DDE & Correspondence department can be obtained from the university or by post. The same can also be downloaded from the official website of Bangalore University Distance (DDE) & Correspondence education department.
Bangalore University Distance Admission Important Dates
The Correspondence admission of Bangalore University starts in the month of September/ October. Therefore, all the aspirants must visit the official website to get all the details of the Bangalore University Admission. Candidates are advised to check eligibility criteria before filling the form for any Correspondence Admission 2020. The guidelines for admission and fees should be read by candidates carefully. Candidates can check the schedule for Bangalore University Correspondence Course Admission 2020 from the following table.
|Last date to issue the application to the candidate without fine fee||March 2020|
|Last date to issue an application to the candidate with Rs. 200/- fine fee||31st March 2020|
Bangalore University Distance Education Application Form 2020
The Bangalore University has released the application form for Bangalore University Correspondence Course Admission 2020. The candidates shall obtain a prospectus and the cost of application is Rs.750/- at a notified branch of SBM / Directorate of Correspondence Course and Distance Education Office. Further, the students have to submit the filled form along with necessary copies of documents within the prescribed dates. Other details can be notified on the notice board of Directorate, website, and by SMS.
Bangalore University DDE Application Process 2020
Bangalore University DDE offers different courses of study leading to Under Graduate degrees, Post Graduate Degree, Professional Degree, P.G. Diploma, Diploma, and Certificate Courses. Application form for all the courses offered by Bangalore university DDE can be filled in offline mode by following the listed steps:
- Obtain the application form from Bangalore One Centres/ State Bank of India on payment of INR 750.
- The application form can also be obtained from Bangalore University DDE office on payment of INR 750 through DD drawn in favor of “ Finance Officer, Bangalore University” Payable at Bangalore.
Office of Directorate of Distance Education,
Jnana Bharathi Campus, Snehabhawan Building,
Bangalore University, Bangalore- 560056
Confirmation of Admissions
The admission made is provisional and they will be confirmed only on fulfillment of
all necessary requirements including the authentication of documents.
Online Application Form
Students can also download the application form from the official website of the university. Application fees of INR 750 can be paid through DD followed by submission to the DDE address. They can also obtain the application form through post by sending a self-addressed envelope (30 cm X 25 cm) along with DD of INR 750 with postal stamps of INR 200 to DDE address.
Obtaining the prospectus and application and submission of filled-in application
The student whoever wants to admit for the course shall obtain the prospectus and
application by paying the fee of Rs. 550/- at notified branches of SBM /
Directorate of a correspondence course and Distance Education office. Further, the
students shall submit the filled-in application along with necessary copies of documents
to the office of the Directorate within the prescribed date. Other details for admission will
be notified on the notice board of Directorate, website, and also information will be
sent by SMS.
Mode of Payment
The Directorate will not accept cash from the student for any purpose, expecting through receipt for Crossed A/C payee Demand Draft, obtained from any of the Nationalized banks drawn in favor of the Finance Officer, Bangalore University, Bangalore and payable at State Bank of India, Bangalore. Students are advised to write their name, address, course and Telephone No. on the reverse side of the Demand Draft,
to prove their benefices, as its purchaser. They shall be deposited with Finance officer,
BUB and official receipt be obtained.
Documents Required for Admission
- Two passport size recent photograph affixing on the application form.
- Original Mark sheets of the qualifying examination for verifying.
- Original Caste Certificate if applicable for verification.
- Proof of Age admission under Open university Scheme
- Original Transfer Certificate-if necessary
- Original Migration Certificate if applicable
- No objection Certificate issued from the previous Institution if required.
- One set of photocopies of all the marks cards & Caste Certificate for retention.
- Original Official receipt issued by Finance officer, BUB for having received Demand draft purchased in any nationalized bank for the prescribed fee drawn in favor of ‘The Finance Officer, Bangalore University, Bangalore’, purchased only after publication of Admission Notification and payable at State Bank of Mysore (This is applicable to only such students who seek admission in the Directorate).
Proof of Age and Date of birth for students seeking admission under Open University Scheme
Anyone of the following documents will be accepted as proof of age.
- Original SSLC/SSC marks card or Cumulative records/ Transfer Certificate containing the date of birth.
- An extract from the admission register maintained in a school last attended
and duly certified by the Head of the Institution concerned.
- Extracts from the records maintained by the Government or Semi-Government institutions or from the civic or LocalBodies.
Note: Affidavits, Horoscopes, and any other unofficial documents are not accepted as proof of age.
Candidates who are passed AIISCE examination in COMPARTMENT examination, SUBSEQUENT to the annual examination of April/ May 2019 conducted by the CBSE, Universities, and other competent boards are also eligible for admission to any first-year UG course during 2020-21. Students pursuing any other course(s) of study in this University or elsewhere either regular, correspondence, external, or Open University scheme, are not eligible for admission to any of the courses offered by the Directorate since they are not permitted to pursue two courses simultaneously. However, any relaxation in this matter is subject to the approval of the University.
Bangalore University Directorate Of Distance Education 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The courses wise eligibility criteria of the Bangalore University Distance Education Admission is given below.
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must pass in the two years Pre-University Exam (including Supplementary examination) conducted by the Pre-University Education Board of Karnataka State (10+2 Pattern) or the equivalent examination thereto.
- Pre-University Examination in Vocational Courses, Conducted by the Department of Vocational Education, Government of Karnataka (10+2).
- Three years Diploma Courses conducted by the Department of Technical Education, Government of Karnataka. (10+2 pattern).
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination conducted by National Open School, New Delhi as +2 Stage examinations corresponding to the Pre University examination.
- “INSTANT” Intermediate examination (+2) of the Andhra Pradesh Intermediate Examination Board.
- Job Oriented Pre-University Diploma Courses Conducted by the State Council for Vocational Education in Karnataka or other states which are considered as equivalent to two years of P.U.C. of Karnataka.
- Candidate must pass in the Two years Pre-University examination (including Supplementary examination) conducted by the Pre-University Education Board of Karnataka State (10+2 Pattern) or the equivalent examination thereto.
- Candidate must hold B.A. Degree Examination of Bangalore University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto, provided he/she has secured at least 40% marks in the aggregate of all the optional subjects and 50% of the marks in the concerned relevant-optional (cognate)subject.
- Candidate must hold B.A./B.Sc/B.Com examination of Bangalore University or any other recognized University securing not less than 55% of marks in languages concerned under part-I (Two years).
M.Sc. – Mathematics
- Candidate must hold bachelor’s degree in Science Graduates of Bangalore University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto securing not less than 40% of marks in the aggregate of all the optional (major) subjects with 50% of marks in Mathematics.
- Candidate must hold B.Com./B.B.A Degree of Bangalore University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto, securing not less than 50% of the marks in aggregate in Commerce subjects in all the examinations of the Degree Course.
P.G. Diploma and Certificate Courses
- Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from Bangalore University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto (10+2+3) or (10+2+4) Pattern securing not less than 40% marks in aggregate including languages.
Download the Directorate of Correspondence Courses and Distance Education Prospectus Here.
Bangalore University DDE Admit Card
The Examination for the Courses offered by the Directorate will be conducted by the Registrar (Evaluation), Bangalore University. The Centers for the examination will be notified before the commencement of the examination. In case of Undergraduate courses, (i) Main /Annual examination during May/June and (ii) Supplementary examination during November/December will be conducted. However, for P.G. Courses and other courses, only one examination. The admission tickets for University Examination can be downloaded from the Directorate website, details of which will be notified through SMS & local dailies. Those who are unable to download the admission ticket from the Directorate website may contact this Directorate along with ID card with a recent passport size photograph & obtain admission tickets well in time. The Admission ticket will be issued only on the production of ID card.
Bangalore University Distance Education Result
The performance of students in examinations will be declared as per relevant regulations. Candidates who wish to apply with prescribed fees for revaluation have to first apply
for a photocopy of the answer script before applying for revaluation/ Challenge Valuation.
After taking the photocopy, if they feel that the marks awarded are not satisfactory, they
may then apply for revaluation within the stipulated time. The photocopy of the answer
scripts should be enclosed to the revaluation application form.
Admission For Students of Universities/Boards other than Bangalore University/Karnataka Boards
- Students who have passed the qualifying examination from any other University should produce a Provisional/Degree Certificate and also submit a photocopy along with other documents at the time of registration.
- Students who have passed the qualifying examination from other Universities outside the State of Karnataka are required to pay the prescribed eligibility fee in addition to other fee.
Bangalore University Correspondence Fee Structure
|Name of the course||Fee|
|II BA||Rs. 4,480/-|
|I B.Com||Rs. 4,960/-|
|II B.Com||Rs. 4,480/-|
|III B.Com||Rs. 4660/-|
|I B.B.M||Rs. 10890/-|
|II B.B.A.||Rs. 10910/-|
|III B.B.A.||Rs. 11240/-|
|I M.A.||Rs. 6230/-|
|II M.A.||Rs. 5230/-|
|I M.Sc ( Maths)||Rs. 7865/-|
|I M.Sc ( Maths)||Rs. 7865/-|
|II M.Sc (Maths)||Rs. 6230/-|
|I M.A (External) French||Rs. 6230/-|
|II M.A (External) French||Rs. 5230/-|
|I M.Com||Rs. 6230/-|
|II M.Com||Rs. 5410/-|
|P.G. Dip. in Human Resource||Rs. 8230/-|
|P.G. Dip. in Marketing Management||Rs. 8230/-|
|P.G. Dip. in Business Administration||Rs. 8230/-|
|P.G. Dip. in Hindi Translation||Rs. 7320/-|
|Diploma in Applied Nutrition||Rs. 7320/-|
|Certificate Course in Nutrition||Rs. 5870/-|
|Open University Scheme|
|II BA||Rs. 5445/-|
|III BA||Rs. 5445/-|
|II B.Com||Rs. 6655/-|
|III B.Com||Rs. 6655/|
Bangalore University Correspondence Courses
The Board of Distance Education and Correspondence Courses of Bangalore Open University was built up in the year 1976. The Directorate offers distinctive Courses of study prompting to Under Graduate degrees, Post Graduate Degree, Professional Degree, P.G. Recognition, Diploma, and Certificate Courses. Bangalore Open University Correspondence Courses are categorized into the following schemes:
i) Correspondence Scheme (FX)
Correspondence Scheme requires candidates to have minimum educational qualifications for admission to each course respectively. The study materials to help the candidates will be given. The different correspondence courses in Bangalore University offered are BA, BCom, BBM, MA (all Subjects with the exception of Sanskrit and French), M.Com, M.Sc (Mathematics), Diploma, P.G Diploma, and Certificate Courses.
ii) Open University Scheme (OU)
Candidates looking for Admission under Open University need not require any minimum educational qualification but are expected to have completed 18 years of age as on the 1st of June of that academic year. Printed study materials will be given to students; furthermore, contact program/classes are organized after due Intimation by means of SMS/Media. The fee structure is slightly higher for the candidates enlisted under this Scheme. The Open University Scheme in Bangalore University offers only B.A and B.Com courses.
iii) External Scheme (EX)
The EXTERNAL SCHEME requires candidates to have minimum educational qualifications for admission to each course respectively, yet no Study materials will be given under this scheme. The External Scheme offers degree correspondence courses in Bangalore University only in M.A in French and M.A in Sanskrit.
Bangalore University Directorate Of Distance Education Courses List
Candidates can check the Bangalore university correspondence courses list:
- B.A. (Correspondence Scheme/Open University Scheme)
- B.Com. (Correspondence Scheme/ Open University Scheme)
- B.A. (Correspondence Scheme)
- M.A. (Correspondence and External Scheme)
- M.Sc. – Mathematics (Correspondence Scheme)
- M.Com. (Correspondence Scheme)
- P.G Diploma
- Diploma and Certificate Courses
Three key features of Bangalore University Distance Education
The University provides quality education and support to research in prime areas with social relevance that would mirror the main goals and vision.
- Updated study material
- Stream specific academic programmes
- Fixed scheme of exam and prompt declaration of results
- The Directorate of Correspondence Courses & Distance Education is contemplating the adoption of e-Governance. As such the candidates are requested to provide their e-mail ID’s in the application forms as Mandatory information, so as to enable this office to send the academic information from time to time through e-mail.
- Candidates are also required to provide their Mobile telephone Numbers in the
application form to enable this office to send important/urgent information alerts if any
- ID Card will be issued with photo directly to the candidate on the spot as soon as
the admission is over.
- The results may also be obtained from the following websites.
- The e-Hall ticket for freshers may be downloaded from the above websites as & when it
- For any queries, you can also mail to the e-mail: [email protected]
- No Admissions will be made without the candidate’s personal appearance.
However, candidates who are serving in the defense are exempted from their personal
appearance. Such candidates may contact the Directorate for more information in this
- Internal assessment will be conducted forB.B.A, M.Com & M.ScCourses/Subjects.
About Bangalore University
Bangalore University, situated in Bangalore suitably hailed as the “I.T. Capital of India”, was set up in July 1964. It is an open university in Bangalore and is one among the oldest universities in India, fundamentally to incorporate establishments of higher learning situated in the metropolitan city of Bangalore and the regions of Bangalore, Kolar and Tumkur, which in the long run turned into a separate university. At first, the two renowned colleges of the city, the Central College (CC) and the University Visveshvaraya College of Engineering (UVCE) framed the core of Bangalore Open University.
Over 85% of the college staff have doctoral degrees and devote their time to prepare and direct their research scholars appropriately. The research and analysis activities in the college are observed by a separate dedicated panel. There have been about 600 Ph.D’s granted in five years. There are about 1,200 graduates enlisted for the upcoming Ph.D. programs. Monetary help is provided to SC and ST candidates who are seeking for M.Phil, Ph.D. and Post-graduation degrees in Bangalore University. The college has a five-year course in Sociology, Business, Arts and Science. There have been more than 1,300 publications as Research Papers and Journals in Open University and a considerable measure of unique commitments have been made in different fields extending from Fluid Mechanics to Geochemistry.