Bangalore University Admission 2021 for Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses will be in online mode. Therefore, the interested students can apply online through the Bangalore University Portal for admission. Candidates can check the details below. Candidates interested in the Bangalore University PG Admission will have to fill the application form by visiting the official website (bangaloreuniversity.ac.in). The application form for Bangalore University admission is available onine. Each course shares its own eligibility criteria and selection process. Therefore, the aspirants of Admission to Bangalore University will be in online mode for PG and LLM courses.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates must read the eligibility criteria and other important instructions before filling the Bangalore University application form. The admission is on the basis of a written entrance test. Students must qualify for the entrance examination. The result of the Bangalore University entrance exam will be available online. Shortlisted candidates will be called out for the final seat allotment procedure to complete the admission formalities. Read the article given below to know in detail about the Bangalore University 2021 Admission.
Bangalore University Admission 2021
Bangalore University offers admission for various UG, PG and PhD. Courses. The candidates can fill the form from the official website. A direct link to go through the application form for Bangalore University PG Admission. It is important for the candidates to read the eligibility criteria before applying online. On the basis of the marks obtained by the students in the entrance test, a merit list will be prepared. After the merit list, the candidates will be called for counselling and other admission procedure. For getting the details about Bangalore University Admission 2021 candidates can refer to this article.
Important Dates for Bangalore University Admission 2021
The Admission Council will release the dates of the Bangalore University 2021 Admission on the official website. The Bangalore University Admission Notification will be released in the first week of August 2021. However, the exact dates of the admission process are not known yet. Each course has a different date for the online application form. The aspirants can check the tentative dates of admission to various courses at Bangalore University from the table given below.
For LL.M (2 Year)
Bangalore University also offers a 2-year degree course in Law. Therefore, the interested candidates can apply for the Bangalore University LLB Admission by filling the online application form. The dates of the application form and various other admission related events are mentioned in the table given below.
|Online Application Form Starting Date||October 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form (without fine)||November 2021|
|The Last Date to submit the application form with a late fine of Rs 200/-||–|
|Last Date to submit the admission form (hard copy) with relevant testimonials||–|
|Provisional Eligible Candidate List (CET)||–|
|Last date to receive any letter for discrepancies in the provisional list||–|
|Final Eligible Candidate’s List (CET)||–|
|Common Entrance Test (Online and Offline) Date Time, and Venue||–|
|The objection of Answer keys||–|
|Release of Omnibus Merit list||–|
|Online Seat Allotment list||–|
|The Last date to submit the admission fees||–|
|Commencement of First Semester Classes||–|
For PG Courses
The admission dates for all the Postgraduate courses are given in the table below. However, these dates are tentative and are likely to get modified as per the instructions of the official authorities.
|Available on Application Form||October 2021|
|Last Date of Application Form||–|
|Last Date of Application Form with Late Fee Rs.200/-||–|
|Last Date of Application Form for Hard Copy||–|
|Last Date for Submission of Letter for Correction in Omnibus Merit List||–|
|Final Merit List||–|
Bangalore University Admission Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
|BA:||Candidates must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board or equivalent|
|B.Sc.||Candidates must have passed the class 12th examination from a recognized board or equivalent. Compulsory subject: Science stream: Physics Chemistry and Mathematics|
|B.Com||Candidates must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board or equivalent|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
|M.A.||Candidates must possess a minimum degree of graduation degree in the respective specialization of choice with a minimum score of 45%|
|M.Sc.||Candidates must possess a UG degree in the respective specialization keeping science subjects as compulsory in bachelor’s degree.|
Compulsory subject: Candidates must have studied science and the subject of chosen specialization in their bachelor degree
|M.Com||Candidates must possess a minimum of bachelor’s degree in the field of commerce.|
Eligibility Criteria for SC/ST/CAT-I
The Eligibility Criteria for each course shall be as approved by the University.
- Relaxation to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes /Category-I students: A relaxation of 5% in minimum marks required for admission to P.G Courses for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/Category –I students of “Karnataka Students” is permitted.
- Remission to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes /Category-I students: A remission of remission up to 5% in minimum marks required for eligibility to apply for admission to any course offered in the University is allowed in case of SC/ST/Cat-I candidates of Karnataka State only, provided that this relaxation is necessary to fill the quota of reservation when candidates with a higher percentage of marks are not available in this category.
Bangalore University Application Form 2021
Procedure for purchase and submission of Post Graduate admission applications:
- The application can be downloaded from the Bangalore University Website www.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in. The filled-in application along with the photocopies of relevant documents for their claims shall be submitted in person or by Registered post. Acknowledgement due to the concerned Chairperson of the Department, so as to reach within the last date notified below. The addresses of the Departments are listed in the website.
- Applications received after the specified last date will not be entertained.
- Incomplete applications without relevant documents for their claims will be
rejected without any notice.
- For the courses offered at PG Centre in Kolar and Affiliated Colleges, the applications shall also be submitted to the respective Chairperson of the PG Department either in the Jnana Bharathi or in Central College Campus.
- The candidates applying for M.Sc., in Speech and Hearing and M.Sc., Home Science Courses shall submit the filled-in applications to the Dean, Faculty of Science, Department of Bio-Chemistry, Central College Campus, Bangalore University, Bangalore- 560 001. For more details contact the Chairperson of the respective Department.
How To Fill the Bangalore University Application Form?
In order to fill the online Application Form, the candidates must read all the instructions very carefully. After reading all the instructions, the candidates can start filling the application form. They must fill in all the details very carefully, especially the Name of the Candidate and Date of Birth. As the applicants cannot change these details even during the Form Correction process. Now, let us check the process to fill the online application form of Bangalore University:
- First of all, the candidates have to visit the official website of Bangalore University and click on the Admission Section.
- After clicking on “Admission 2021” the latest notification appears in the updates column. Candidates have to click on “Apply Now”.
- Thereafter, the applicants have to register themselves by clicking on “New User Registration.
- Candidates have to fill the details like Name, Email Id and Phone Number to complete the process of Registration.
- After Registration, candidates have to select the Course for which they are applying. Then they need to pay the applicable fees for the application form.
- Candidates must enter the Personal and Academic Details in the appropriate columns.
- After entering all the details correctly, they can “Preview Form” and check if all the details are mentioned correctly.
- Furthermore, the applicants have to select the option “Upload Photograph and Signature”. Please note that the Dimension and other details of the photo and signature are given in the instructions.
- Upload the scanned copies of photo and signature in the required format and dimension.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button and save the application form. Applicants must save a copy of the application form for future reference.
Bangalore University Application Fee
|General category candidate||Rs 200/-|
|Reserved category candidates||Rs 100/-|
Bangalore University Integrated Course Admission 2021
Bangalore University has released a notification for admission into Five-year Integrated B.Sc-M.Sc Biological Science Course. Banglore University invites application from students who have passed PUC or Equivalent In the prescribed form for admission into five-year integrated course. You will get here all details regarding Five-year Integrated B.Sc-M.Sc Biological Science Course for session 2020-21. Those aspirants who will be appearing for the Integrated course must be well familiar with the complete schedule of the events, check the schedule from the table given below.
Bangalore University Courses 2021
Bangalore University offers various UG and PG programmes. Check below the Bangalore University courses 2021
Bangalore University UG Courses
|Faculty of Arts||BA: Bachelors of Arts|
|BFA: Bachelors of Fine Arts|
|BVA: Bachelors of Visual Arts|
|BSW: Bachelor’s of Social Work|
|BA Course in Criminology and Correctional Administration|
|Faculty of Science||B.Sc.: Bachelor’s of Science|
|BSc (Speech and Hearing) – Audiology and Speech Language Pathology|
|BSc (FAD): Fashion and Apparel Design|
|B.C.A: Bachelor’s of Application|
|BSc in Rehabilitation Science Course|
|BS Degree Course|
|B.Lib.Sc: Bachelors of Library and Information Science|
Composite Home Science
Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
Home Science as one optional
BA Home Science as one optional
|B.S Course in Rehabilitation Science|
|Faculty of Commerce||B.Com: Bachelors in Commerce|
|BBM: Bachelor of Business Management|
|BHM: Bachelors in Hotel management|
|BBA: Banking and Finance|
BBA: Insurance and Actuarial Studies
|Faculty of Law||LLB – Bachelor of Law:|
3 year courses
5 year courses
B.A. LLB (5 year) Integrated Course
Bangalore University PG Courses
MA: Journalism & Mass Communication
MA: Women’s Studies
MA: Political Science
MA: Rural Development Studies
|MPA (Masters in Performing Arts): Dance (Bharatanatyam)|
MPA: Theatre Arts
MPA: Music (Carnatic-Vocal Instrumental)
MSc: Computer Science
MSc: Applied Genetics;
MSc: Applied Geology
MSc: Audiology & Speech
MSc: Language Pathology
MSc: Electronic Media
MSc: Electronic Science
MSc: Environmental Science
MSc: Fashion & Apparel Design
MSc: Molecular Biology
MSc: Psychological Counselling
MSc: Information Science
MSc: Human Consciousness
MSc: Yogic Science
MSc: Life Science
|MCA: Master in Computer Application|
|M.L.I.Sc: Masters in Library & Information Science|
|M.Voc in Food Processing & Nutraceuticals ; Medical Lab Technology|
|Commerce and Management||M.Com in Commerce; Financial Analysis; International Business;|
MBA in Business Administration
|Law and Administration||LLM in Constitutional & Administrative Law; Corporate & Commercial Law; Labour & Employment Law|
|Education||M.Ed. in Education|
M.P.Ed. in Master of Physical Education
Bangalore University 2020 Admit Card
The Bangalore University will conduct the admission process for different courses with a different admission procedure and qualifying examination. Candidates will have to carry this hall ticket to the examination centre. They will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without it. The candidates will have to enter the examination hall. It will mention important details such as name, roll number, exam schedule, and instruction.
Bangalore University 2021 Result
Bangalore University will release the results on the official website in online mode. Candidates can view the Bangalore University result 2020 by following the simple instructions as described below:-
- Visit the official website of Bangalore University bangaloreuniversity.ac.in
- Go to the Examinations section and select the “result“. Click on it.
- Now enter their Registration Number and click on the Check Result in order to check the Bangalore University scorecard.
- Click on the Print button present below in order to download the Bangalore University scorecard.
Bangalore University Scholarships
A student can avail of only one scholarship or financial benefit at a time. The student can
choose the more beneficial scholarship among the available. Those students who are availing the free (non-paying) University hostel are not eligible for any other free ship, scholarship, either from the University or Government.
- Government of India Post-Metric Scholarships are available to Karnataka students
belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes. The SC/ST candidates (Allotted to
affiliated Government Colleges) within Karnataka and whose parents’ annual income is
less than or equal to 2,50,000/- (Rupees Two Lakh fifty thousand only) are eligible to claim the Day Scholarships /Hostel Scholarships from the Social Welfare Department.
- As per ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಆದ ೇಶ ಸಂಖ್ ೆ: ಹಂವಕ 589 ಬಿಎಂಎಸ್, ಬ ಂಗಳೂರು ದಿನಕಂಕ: 05/10/2013, Cat-I candidates whose parents’ annual income is less than or equal to Rs.2,50,000/- (Rupees Two Lakh fifty thousand only) and candidates irrespective of Caste/ Community/ Religion, who have studied for a period of 7 (Seven) academic years (commencing from 1st std. up to the qualifying examination either continuously or in broken period) and whose parents’ annual income is less than or equal to Rs. 44,500/- (Rupees Forty-Four Thousand Five Hundred Only) are eligible to claim the Post Metric Scholarship/Food & accommodation/reimbursement.
- The candidates belonging to minorities (i.e., Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Anglo-Indians, Jains, etc.,) whose Parents’ annual income is less than 44,500/- (Rupees Forty-Four Thousand Five Hundred Only) are eligible to apply for Encouragement Fund/ Fees reimbursement from Minorities Welfare Department (MWD) as per the norms of MWD. OBC scholarships are administered by District Office of Backward Classes Welfare
Department, GOK and Minorities Scholarships are administered by Minorities Welfare
Department, GOK, Bangalore.
- Government of India National Merit Scholarships for top ranking students are administered by the Director of Collegiate Education.
- Special Scholarships for Children of Government Employees/University Employees
who die in harness are administered by the Director of Collegiate Education or the
University as the case may be.
- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship of University Grants Commission (UGC) for
Single Girl Child for non-professional post-graduate courses is administered by UGC.
Such girls who happen to be the only child or girls who are twin daughters in the
family are eligible to apply only online for the scholarship. Log on to website
Bangalore University Application Form Scrutiny Process
It is the process of verifying photocopied documents submitted by the candidate along with the Application Form for the candidate’s claims. Candidates’ claims are honored if documents are found correct and in order. The Application Form is liable for rejection in case it is incomplete, or if the attachments are not in order. After scrutiny, there is a Verification Process. It is a process of verifying the Candidate’s Original documents for validity before he/she appears for Counseling.
Bangalore University Counselling
“Counseling” is a process where the candidate presents himself/herself before the “Counseling Terminals” on the day of counseling. The candidate is given an option to choose a particular course and department/college among the unfilled/available seats as per the merit list.
Important document required on the day of counseling
- Counseling latter
- Class 10 marks-sheet
- Class 12 marks-sheet
- The candidate has to take the scorecard.
- Admit card and hall ticket are also required.
- Category certificate (if required)
- Application fee challan.
- Id proof of the candidate.
- Kannada Medium Certificate
- Rural Study Certificate
- Graduation certificate (for PG candidate)
Merit List of Bangalore University
When the result will come out after some time university will publish the merit list of the candidate who has cleared the examination and the candidates are one step closer to admission to the university. The candidate who is in the merit list will be called for the counselling.
Determination of Rank List
Each P. G. Department shall notify the Rank List (omnibus merit list) for each course before admission counseling dates. The Rank List should follow the following priority based on merit:
Priority I: “Karnataka Student” and “Bangalore University student”
Priority II: “Non-Karnataka Student” and “Bangalore University student”
Priority III: “Karnataka Student” and “Within Karnataka Candidate”
Priority IV: “Outside Karnataka Candidate”
- A separate Course-wise Rank List shall be notified before the admission counseling
dates for Kashmiri Migrant candidates.
- A separate Course-wise Rank List shall be notified before the admission counseling
dates for Physically challenged, Sports, Cultural, NCC, NSS, and Defense quota
candidates based on the points they have earned in the respective fields.
Bangalore University Cut Off Marks
The university will come with a percentage criterion in which the qualified candidate will get admission in the various courses of the university. The candidate who has more score in cut off can do the nomination of their name for the counseling in the university.
Procedure for Seat Allocation
In accordance with Admission Rules, preference will be given to Bangalore University students with domicile. Even after filling up of these seats, if the seats are vacant, second preference will be given to the students who have graduated from Bangalore University but who are not of Karnataka domicile. If the seats are still not filled, then the third preference will be given to students belonging to Karnataka and from Universities within Karnataka and the last preference will be given to outside Karnataka students. Any unfilled seats will be frozen
Who is a “Karnataka Candidate”?
“Karnataka Candidate” means a student who has studied in one or more Government or Government recognized Educational Institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of seven academic years (commencing from 1st standard up to qualifying examination either continuously or in broken period) as on 1st July of the year in which admission is sought and has studied, appeared and passed the Secondary School Leaving Certificate or 10th Standard Examination or the Second Pre-University Course Examination or 12th Standard Examination in a Government or Government recognized Educational Institution located in the State of Karnataka.
In respect of candidates who have directly appeared for SSLC or PUC or studied in Open School, the period of seven years study will not be insisted. However, such persons shall produce a domicile certificate for having studied as such for seven years. In the case of a candidate who takes more than one year to pass a class or standard, the years of academic study are counted as one year only.
Bangalore University Seat Reservation 2021: PG Courses
Reservation of seats at Bangalore University is as per the Govt. orders issued from time to time. Except for situations where there is only one seat, reservation rules are followed. If all the categories of reservation couldn’t be covered, seats shall be allotted in the order of preference specified in the below-mentioned table in the mentioned proportion assuring equitable distribution.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Caste (ST)||03|
|Category II A||15|
|Category II B||04|
|Category III A||04|
|Category III B||05|
Bangalore University Admission 2021 – Overview
|Admission Process||Bangalore University Admission|
|University Name||Bangalore University|
|Courses Offered||Post Graduate|
|Prospectus||Bangalore University Prospectus Download PDF|