Raiganj University Admission 2020: The Controller of Examinations of Raiganj University is inviting the applications from the interested and eligible candidates for admission to the following Post Graduate Courses for the academic session
2020- 21. For filling up the Rajganj University PG Admission Application Form please visit the online portal of the website of Raiganj University: www.raiganjuniversity.ac.in. Rajganj University Admission Application form for admission to Post Graduate Courses is available only online at the admission portal of Raiganj University on payment of requisite fees. Students can also check Rajganj University Application Form, Result, Merit List, Syllabus, Exam Routine, Counselling, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Raiganj University UG Admission Merit Panel Released, Counselling Started Click Here
Rajganj University Admission 2020-21
Rajganj University Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for Rajganj University PG Admission to M.A./ M.Sc./ M.Com. course in Bengali, English, Sanskrit, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Economics, Education, Commerce, Physics,
Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Sericulture, Statistics,
Computer and Information Science, Geography, MBA, LL.M. In addition to the above-mentioned courses, the candidates may apply for admission to M.A/M.Sc. course (SELF FINANCE MODE) in Bengali, English, Geography, and Mathematics.
Rajganj University PG Admission 2020
The University offers various courses under the Postgraduate program. Therefore, the interested candidates can apply for Rajganj University PG Admission 2020 online. There are a total of 22 departments at UG level, 23 departments at PG level, and 17 departments offering Ph.D. and MPhil. The self-finance mode M.A./M.Sc. courses are held in the evening, normally 5:00 P.M. onwards. It may be emphasized that the course fees in self-finance mode are to be solely borne by the candidates and the University is unable to allow any concession for the evening shift. The details about the evening shift M.A./M.Sc. the course has been given on a separate page enclosed herewith.
Rajganj University Admission 2020 Important Dates
The exact dates are not known yet. However, we can predict the tentative dates. The admission test of Rajganj University 2020 will be conducted in the third week of July 2020 for MA programmes, whereas for BA programs will be conducted in the fourth week of June 2020. For M.Sc programs, Rajganj University 2020 admission test will be conducted from the third/fourth week of July to the second week of August 2020. All the applicants are advised to check the Rajganj University important dates for all the admission relating events in the tables given below.
|On-Line form fill up Commencement [Hons / BA Programme Course(Pass course/General Course) Date||to be announced|
|On-Line form fill up Closing Date [Hons / Programme Course(Pass course/General Course)||to be announced|
|Provisional Merit List Publication Date [Hons / Programme Course(Pass course/General Course)||to be announced|
|Form editing and correction Date [Hons / Programme Course(Pass course/General Course)||to be announced|
|Final Provisional Merit List Publication [Hons / Programme Course(Pass course/General Course)||to be announced|
|Online Counseling Date and Time (UG Hons Courses)|
|1st Online Counseling Date and Time||to be announced|
|2nd Online counseling Date and Time||to be announced|
|3rd Online Counseling Date and Time||to be announced|
|4th Online Counseling Date and Time||to be announced|
|5th Online Counseling Date and Time||to be announced|
|6th Online Counseling Date and Time||to be announced|
|7th Online Counseling Date and Time||to be announced|
|Online Counseling and Admission Date and Time: (B.A. Programme Courses)|
|2nd Counseling and Admission Date and Time||to be announced|
|3rd Counseling and Admission Date and Time||to be announced|
|4th Counseling and Admission Date and Time||to be announced|
|5th Counseling and Admission Date and Time||to be announced|
|6th Counseling and Admission Date and Time||to be announced|
Rajganj University Admission Eligibility Criteria
Check the complete Raiganj University 2020 eligibility criteria as per selected courses, different courses have different criteria.
|Qualification||Minimum Eligibility to Apply||Additional Details|
|12th||50%||Mandatory Subjects : English, Maths/ ET / Computer Application / CS|
Candidates must have 60% in relevant subject for all categories
Candidates belonging to General and OBC category who has secured a minimum of 55% marks in the aggregate and minimum 45% marks in relevant subject are also eligible
Candidates belonging to SC and ST category who has secured a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and minimum 45% marks in relevant subject are also eligible
Eligibility Criteria (Course-Wise) Details
Students (Unreserved/OBC- A and OBC- B) who like to pursue any of the above-mentioned courses except Microbiology (Honors.) must have to be qualified their 10+2 examinations with the following marks:
- Criteria A – Minimum 60% marks in the subject in which Honours is intended and 50% marks in aggregate at the 10+2 examinations.
- Criteria B – If the student does not satisfy criteria A then they should at least possess 55% marks in the aggregate and minimum 45% marks in the relevant subject at the 10+2 examinations in which he/she likes to pursue Honours.
Students (SC/ST Category) who seek to pursue any of the above-mentioned courses except Microbiology (Honours.) must have to be qualified their 10+2 examinations with the following marks:
- Criteria A – Minimum 60% marks in the subject in which Honours is desired and 45% marks in aggregate at the 10+2 examinations.
- Criteria B – If the student does not satisfy criteria A then they should at least possess 50% marks in the aggregate and minimum 45% marks in the relevant subject at the 10+2 examinations in which they want to pursue Honours.
For Microbiology (Hons.), a candidate should have passed the 10+2 examinations with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
Students [Programme Course (General Courses)]
- For General Courses an applicant must have passed with at least 40% in the aggregate.
N.B.- English is a mandatory requirement for pursuing any of the above-mentioned courses. A student who has not studied and passed with English at the 10+2 examination will strictly not be considered for admission.
Rajganj University Admission General Instructions
- Graduates qualifying the norms for specific discipline passed under 10+2+3 or 10+2+4
mode from a recognized university may apply for the PG Programme. In this regard,
regular and fresh candidates will be preferred for admission.
- Applicants can apply for both PG Programs under Regular as well as Self- financed
- Applicants are directed to read the separate guidelines for admission to PG Programs
and PG Self-Financed courses very carefully.
- Applicants are directed ‘NOT TO VISIT’ the University campus during the online
process of admission.
- If any technical problem arises during payment and software failure, students are
requested to call for the technical assistance 8584824065 and 8910383651 during office
hours only, i.e. 10 AM to 6 PM.
- Applicants from Vocational Courses are not allowed to apply in any courses.
- University will abide by the guidelines issued by the ‘Dept. of Higher Education, Govt.
of West Bengal and relevant guidelines of the UGC concerning the PG admission.
- The Applicants are advised to fill the application form very carefully. The Applicants
passed from erstwhile Raiganj College affiliated to the University of North Bengal will
not be treated as a student of Raiganj University. In case any such issue arises at any
stage of the admission process, the admission of such candidate will stand cancelled.
10. Verification of documents will be done only when the students will report for classes.
Rajganj University Application Form 2020
The aspirants must fill the JU Application Form 2020 in order to sit for the entrance test. The university will release the application form for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses from the first week of June 2020. Candidates are required to first register themselves to fill the application form of Rajganj University 2020 by visiting the university’s official website.
Candidates must note that no application the officials will not accept the JU Application Form after the last date of submission, under any circumstances. After filling all the required details in the Rajganj University 2020 application form, candidates need to remit the application fee in online or offline mode. For submitting Rajganj University application form of B.Sc. programmes, candidates have to upload the admit card of class 10th exam. Please ensure that you have the soft copy of all the essential documents before applying for the JU Admission form.
How to fill Rajganj University Application Form 2020?
The candidates have to fill the online Application Form of Rajganj University. They must pay the application fees through any of the online payment modes. After that, they need to send the application form to the office of Rajganj University. For the ease of the candidates we are giving below the steps to fill the application form for Rajganj University 2020.
- Initially the candidates will have to visit the offical website of Rajganj University.
- After clicking on the official link, candidates need to enter their educational and personal details.
- Then the candidates must be careful while filling the requisite details such as candidates’ and parents’ names, examinations passed, contact information, examination marks, university registration number, and so on.
- After that click on the ‘preview’ tab after entering the required details to check if the details filled by them in the form are correct or not.
- Once candidates have ensured the details entered, they may click on the ‘save’ button.
- Candidates can now proceed to fill the application form of Rajganj University.
- After registration, candidates should make sure that they apply to at least one department, otherwise, they will not be allotted the application number by the university. The application number serves to be an important credential for candidates, as they need it from time to time.
- The final step will be the fee remittance. Rajganj University admission fee can be paid in online mode through debit/credit cards and net banking as well as in offline mode.
- Candidates have to upload the SBI reference number and click on the ‘submit’ button. The payment procedure is processed by SBI I-Collect system.
Raiganj University Admission Process
- Applications to Raiganj University must be filled online
- Admissions to the undergraduate programme are based on marks obtained in Class 12 and based on the merit list
- For admissions to the postgraduate programme, the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in the specific discipline as required by the department
- Admissions to MBA programme, MPhil and PhD is based on the score obtained in the entrance exam as conducted by the University
Rajganj University Application Fee
The students who are applying for Rajganj University 2020 Admission must pay the application fees. Before applying for Rajganj University BSc/MA/MSc Admission the applicants must check the course fees of the respective programs. After the completion of the application form, the candidates also must pay the Application Fees of Rajganj University. If a candidate is able to secure admission, then he/she will have to pay the course fees after the counselling is over. Therefore, we are giving the average annual fees of a few courses at Rajganj University given below.
- An Application Fee of Rs. 700/- for each subject will have to be paid online.
- Applicants submitting additional forms in Allied Subjects will have to pay an additional amount Rs. 700/- through online mode for each additional form.
Raiganj University List of Courses
Raiganj University offers about 46 courses across eight streams. The University offers courses at UG, PG, and doctoral level. Furthermore, there are some vocational and certificate courses offered by the University. Mentioned below are some key courses with their eligibility criteria and fee structure:
|Course||Eligibility Criteria||Annual Fee (in Rs)|
|BA||Marks obtained in Class 12 and based on the merit list||16,680|
|MA||Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in the specific discipline||17,240|
|MBA||Qualifying Exam: Entrance Test|
Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline and score in Personal Interview
|PhD||Qualifying Exam: Entrance Test and|
Score in Personal Interview
Selection Process for Rajganj University Admission
- Normally 60% of seats will be for the students of the Raiganj University and 40% seats
for other Open to all. This 60% and 40% may be relaxed in case of non- availability
of the applicants in either category.
- All the candidates passed the UG Hons. Course from the Raiganj University in the
respective Course are eligible to apply for the self- financing courses. However, the
students appeared in the Final Exam with back papers in Pass subject/s applying
for the admission are required to submit the Passed Marksheet by 31st August,
2020, failing which will lead to the cancellation of the admission.
- For DIRECT ADMISSION like- MA in Education; MA in Sociology and in LLM,
no entrance test will be there, while, the mode of the section will be strictly on the basis
of the marks obtained by the candidate at the UG Hons. Or the equivalent level.
Rajganj University Admission Reservation Policy
The reservation policies of West Bengal StateHigher Education Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act, 2013, and West Bengal State Higher Education Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2014 will be followed in respect of admission of SC/ST/OBC-A&B and PWD.
- Quota for SC/ ST will be considered as per Govt. order 906 Edn / Estt dated 18.09.1997. Number of seats (SC-22%, ST-6%, OBC-A-10%, OBC-B-7%) will be calculated and considered separately for 60% seats of RGU students and 40% seats for Open Competition. A fraction of 0.5% or more will be rounded to the next whole number.
- 3% of each category (Gen/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B) will be reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates. The merit list will be prepared on the percentage of PwD. In case of the non-availability of the PwD candidate, the seat reserved for PwD will be converted to General Category.
Documents Required For Rajganj University Provisional Admission
Once the candidates are able to clear the entrance test, then they can check their names in the Merit List. If their name is present in the list, then the applicant is eligibile to go for the Counselling. During the counselling the officials will verify the original documents of the candidate. The candidates will have to produce Original and attested copies the following documents and have to follow the guideline given below at the time of provisional admission:-
- To be present personally at TEQIP Building, Rajganj University (Main Campus) near
gate No.3 for provisional admission according to the Admission Schedule.
- Duly filled up the downloaded Reporting Form for admission.
- Copy of Allotment letters.
- Original & Attested Xerox copy of Admit Card of the Entrance Exam.
- Original & Attested Xerox copy of Certificate, Admit-card and Mark-sheet of
Madhyamik & H.S. examinations or equivalents.
- Original & Attested Xerox copy of SC/ST Certificate in the name of the applicant
issued by the authentic authority of Govt. of West Bengal, if applicable.
- Original & Attested Xerox copy of PC (Physically Challenged) Certificate in the
name of the student from the authentic authorities, if applicable.
- Family Income Certificate of Parent/Guardian from the authentic authority.
- 5 (five) copies passport size photograph.
- The students and their guardians have to produce a signed Anti Ragging declaration in
Non-Judicial Stamp Papers as per the format of an affidavit which will be available in the University web portal (www.jaduniv.edu.in).
Cancellation of Admission
The admission will be cancelled if a student remains absent from classes for less than 75% from the date of admission without any intimation to the concerned Head / Secretary, or any of the faculty members of the concerned Department and furnishing documentary evidence in that regard.
Vacancy of Seats at Rajganj University
- Vacancy in the RGU Quota: The students of the RGU will get the opportunity first to fill the vacancy in the slot, in order of Merit as exposed in the Merit List for the Students of the Raiganj University according to the respective category of students.
- Vacancy in the Open Quota: The students falling in the slot will follow the merit list for the open seats in the respective category.
Rajganj University Admit Card 2020
The university conducts a written entrance test for Rajganj University MA Admission 2020. Therefore, all the candidates will receive the admit card for the Rajganj University admissions via online mode. The aspirants applying for admissions in the UG and PG courses of the university need to appear for the entrance exam. The admit card is the significant document that the candidate must carry on the day of examination to avoid disqualification. Aspirants will be able to check the exam details, allotted test centre and exam day guidelines on the hall ticket.
Rajganj University 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus is an essential part of any examination. Therefore, the students who are pursuing any degree course from JU must check the Rajganj University Syllabus 2020. They must refer to the syllabus of the entrance test to get an idea of the topics. Preparing as per the syllabus will increase the chances of selection for the candidates. The syllabus of Rajganj University will vary for UG and PG courses. Candidates will be able to get access to important topics of each section via the syllabus. The students can access the syllabus of JU from the official website of the university.
Rajganj University Result 2020
The Controller of Examinations (COE) will declare the Rajganj University Result 2020. After the commencement of the entrance examination, candidates can check the result of Rajganj University 2020 in the first/ second week of July 2020. The university will release the Rajganj University 2020 result in the form of a merit list. Rajganj University result 2020 may be released on different dates for different programmes depending upon the entrance examination commencement timeline. Rajganj University 2020 merit list mention the name of the candidates who have successfully qualified the entrance examination along with their score and roll number. Therefore, it is necessary to check the name in the merit list. Only those candidates whose names appear in the merit list are eligible for the counselling round.
Rajganj University PG Merit List
The authorities of the college prepare the Merit List of Raiganj University for admission. The admission is on the basis of the candidate’s marks in their Senior Secondary Exam or equivalent. Also, candidates must provide the correct information in the application form. Any form of misleading information will lead to the cancellation of the candidate. The final allotment of the seat is done through the Counselling Procedure.
Rajganj University 2020 Cutoff
The examination Branch and the Admission Council of Rajganj University officials will release the cutoff online on the official website. Therefore, the candidates must check the cutoff to know the minimum rank required for qualifying for Rajganj University Admission Cut Off 2020 to carious courses. Only those applicants who will clear the cut off of Rajganj University 2020 are eligible to appear for the counselling procedure for the final process of admission.
The university will announce the Rajganj University 2020 UG Cut Off for admission along with the provisional merit list in the first/ second week of July 2020. The authorities will upload the cutoff for both UG and PG courses on the specified date. Aspirants securing the minimum rank or above will be eligible to apply for counselling.
How the Rajganj University 2020 Cut Off is Calculated?
The candidates must know the factors which determine the Rajganj University Cut-Off Previous Year. It is only on the basis of these factors that the officials calculate the minimum cut-off marks every year for JU Admission to various courses. The factors are given below:
- Maximum and minimum marks scored by the candidates
- Number of vacant seats
- Previous years’ cutoff.
- Number of test takers for a particular course and participating university
- The difficulty level of the exam
Rajganj University 2020 Counselling
The candidates whose names appear in the Merit List of Rajganj University are eligible for the Counselling. The authorities will shortlist the candidates for counselling based on the selection criteria specified for each course. The officials may or may not consider the marks of the qualifying examination and entrance test. Aspirants qualifying the selection criteria will be shortlisted for Rajganj University Admissions Counselling 2020. The candidates will be required to bring the specified documents for verification in counselling.
The University will release the dates of counselling for UG as well as PG courses after completing the entrance exam. Counselling is the final stage in the process of admission. In counselling, the officials will verify the original documents of the candidates. Candidates must bring the specified documents for counselling to avoid cancellation of the admission. It is only after the successful verification of the documents that the officials will provide admission to the course in which they have applied for admission.
Raiganj University Placements
Raiganj University has a Business Incubation and Innovation Centre to bridge the skill gap among its students as per the market standards. There are regular activities organized by the cell to augment the skill set among students. The University has different business based departments such as sericulture which helps its students to create their own business after completing their studies.
- On an average 60% of the students were placed in the university in 2019
- University has a record of getting students placed in both India and abroad
- Internships are considered as a mandatory part of the curriculum and should be completed by all the students within the specified time frame.
Raiganj University Scholarships
Raiganj University offers both scholarships and fellowships to its students. Students who have registered for MPhil/ PhD courses are also offered a regular stipend basis their admissions criteria. Mentioned below are the two key ways, through which scholarships are offered by Raiganj University:
- UGC Fellowships & Scholarships
- West Bengal Govt. Fellowships & Scholarships
Instructions for Candidates
- Payment is required to be made only at the time of admission of a particular semester.
- Admission will be treated as cancelled if any candidate fails to appear for document verification on the stipulated date and time or fail to produce the relevant original documents required for admission confirmation.
- Empanelment for a particular shift does not confer the right to get admission in another shift.
- The students got admitted in Self- Financing Courses, will not be entitled to claim any concession in fees etc.
- Applicants are requested to upload the scanned copy of both the side of their
- Admission of a student will be cancelled if information submitted by him/her is found
- The authority can cancel the admission of a candidate at any point of time if any discrepancy is found.
- Forms sent by post will not be entertained.
- Selection will be made as per university admission rules.
- The University offers the Sports Quota. The University Sports Board reserves the right to recommend the candidates to fill the same.
Raiganj University Admission Highlights
|Year of establishment||2015|
|Campus||Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal|
|Campus size||13.62 acres|
|Modes of education||Full-time|
|Number of courses offered||46 courses|
|Total no. of seats||8765|
About Rajganj University
Raiganj College (University College) is one of the biggest colleges in the northern part of West Bengal which was established in 1948, affiliated by Calcutta University. In this University there are 22 departments at the undergraduate level, 23 departments at the Post-graduate level, and 17 departments offer Ph.D. & M.Phil. Courses running in full swing. This University also offers General Courses at the under-graduate level in its own campus in the morning and evening i.e. in two shifts.
There are several centres in the University which have been declared as the Centre of Excellence such as Centre for Folklore Studies, Centre for Buddhist Studies, Centre for Women’s Studies, Environment Conservation Centre, Business Incubation and Innovation Centre, and many more. Currently, there is a total of 12,600 students which includes overseas students as well. There are visiting professors, guest teachers, and Part-time teachers who are dedicated and contributing immensely to the development of the students.