NTA will release JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2022 in the Information Brochure of JEE Main 2022. The government has waived 75% marks for the academic year. The eligibility criteria are the most important factor in the admission process. Candidates before applying for the JEE Main 2022, must go through the JEE Main 2022 eligibility criteria. Through JEE Main 2022, candidates can get admissions in various undergraduate engineering courses in IITs, NITs, and IIITs. So candidates seeking admission have to appear for the JEE Main 2022. Eligibility requirement for JEE Main 2022 includes details such as educational qualification, age limit, nationality, subjects in Class 12/10+2 or equivalent, and other mandatory details. So, in this article, we have provided complete details of NTA JEE Main Eligibility Criteria.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
Parameters of the JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
NTA is very strict about the eligibility requirement of JEE Main 2022. Authority set the eligibility criteria on different parameters.
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Requirement Details (B.Tech)
|No. Of Attempts||Candidates can participate in the entrance exam for 3 consecutive years. The exam will be conducted twice a year, they may appear in both the attempts. The attempt for an academic year will be considered as One.|
|Which Year Candidates can apply||Candidates who have passed the 12th board in 2020, 2021 and appearing candidates of 2022 can also apply.|
|Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, NRI/ OCI/ PIO/ Foreign Nationals can also apply.|
|Age||There is no specific age limit for the applications. However, he/ she should be born on or after October 1st, 1995.|
|Qualifying Examination||Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any government recognized board. Other than that, candidates currently pursuing their class XII or equivalent are also eligible to apply.|
|Qualifying Subjects||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.For B.planning, mathematics is no longer the priority for filling the form.|
|Number of subjects in the Qualifying exam||Five subjects with 3 compulsory and 2 elective subjects|
|Qualifying Percentage/ Marks||Paper 1: The candidate will secure at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination. Paper 2: For B.Planning and B.Arch candidates must have 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and also 50%|
marks in aggregate of the qualifying examination.
|Disability Candidates||Candidates with 40% or more disability will get the benefit of reservation for admission into NITs/IIITs and CFTIs. But those candidates must belong to the category of reservation as mentioned by the Government of India (GOI)|
Important Points Regarding JEE Main Eligibility 2022
- Candidates don’t have an age limit for the JEE Main exam. However, he/she has to pass the 12th board in 2020, 2021 and appearing candidates of 2022 can only apply.
(The candidates must note that the IITs have an age limit/restriction, which will be published in JEE(Advanced)-2022 Information Brochure).
- Candidates must have 75% in aggregate in the 12th Board (65% reserved category).
- It is compulsory for the students to have 5 subjects in 12th boards apart from the required subjects in JEE Main 2022 eligibility requirement. Candidates having 4 subjects in the 12th board will not be allowed for JEE Main 2022 exam.
- The subjects combination as per the paper is given here:
B.Tech: Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following: Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational
B.Arch: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. (50% marks in 12th Board)
B.Plan: Mathematics in 12th can also apply because science is no longer the criteria for B.Planning. (50% marks in 12th Board)
Eligibility Criteria For Admission In NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should secure minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST students) in the 12th board examination or must be in the top 20 percentile in class 12th examination
- Subject requirement as per the courses i.e B.E/B.Tech and B.Arch and B.Planning
|Course||Criteria Required for Admission|
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics. (Science is no longer the criteria)
List of Qualifying Examinations (QE) For JEE Main:
- 10+2 exam that must be conducted by any recognized Central/ State Board, such as CBSE or ICSE or State Board University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least a 3-year duration General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
JEE Main 2022 State Code of Eligibility
- The State Code of Eligibility means the code of the State from where the candidates have passed Class XII.
- Candidates have to fill the State Code of Eligibility at the time of the Registration Process. They have to choose the state code of eligibility from which they have passed their 12th Exam.
- The JEE Main State Eligibility Code does not depend upon the Native or the Residence Place of the Candidate.
- Candidates who have passed 12th Class from NIOS must select the State Code of Eligibility according to the State in which their study center is located.
- Indian Nationals who have passed Class 12th from Nepal/Bhutan, their State Code of Eligibility will be determined based on the permanent address given in the passport.
- For the candidates who have passed Class 12th from abroad, their State Code of Eligibility will be determined on the basis of the Permanent Address of India provided in the passport.
NTA JEE Main State Code of Eligibility
|Code||Name of State/ Union Territory (UT)||Code||Name of State/ Union Territory (UT)|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||20||Madhya Pradesh|
|8||Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||27||Puducherry (UT)|
|9||Daman & Diu (UT)||28||Punjab|
|14||Himachal Pradesh||33||Uttar Pradesh|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||34||Uttarakhand|
|18||Kerala||98||Foreign/ OCI/ PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan|
Reservation Of Seats
As per Government of India, the following categories will be considered in JEE Main 2022 for the seat reservation:
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||3|
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria For Droppers
Two categories under which the eligibility criteria for droppers can be classified
- Candidates who have dropped a year after completing their class 12 to concentrate on JEE Main exam.
- And the candidates who got admitted to another institute and wish to attempt again or did not qualify JEE Main earlier and waited a year while preparation.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2022 for Droppers are:
- There is no specific age limit but make sure that the 12th board completed in 2020 & 2021. Only three consecutive attempts are allowed for JEE Main.
- The candidates should have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate marks (65% for reserved category) or be in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards.
- Must have at least five subjects in 12th class or qualifying exam (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics compulsory).