NIOS Application Form 2019 – 20: National Institute Of Open Schooling provides a great opportunity for the Indian as well as overseas students. It builds a great platform for the students who don’t go to school but want to complete their secondary and Senior Secondary courses. NIOS is a board under the Union Government which is equivalent to CBSE and ICSE. Thousands of students enroll every year to give the exam. The best part about the board is that it conducts the exam in two sessions. While CBSE and ICSE conduct once in a year, NIOS conducts twice a year. 1st exam session is from April-May and the 2nd session takes place from October to November. Application procedure for April/ May 2020 exam is from 16th March to 31st July 2019. On the other hand, its 16th September 2019 to 31st January 2020 for Oct/Nov 2020 exam.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NIOS Application Form Important Dates 2019-20
In order to fill the application form candidates must be aware of the dates. This is important because the application process held twice a year. Once in March and another one in September. Thus candidates must know the session in which he/she is going to apply. The option is there thus as per the preference one must look into the admission process. Below is the table to make clear about the session 2019-20.
|Block for Online Admission||Dates of Online Admission||Fee||Examination on which students can appear for the 1st time|
|Block-1||16th March – 31st July 2019||without late fee||April/May 2020|
|1 st August – 15th August 2019||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16th August – 31st August 2019||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|1 st September – 15th September 2019||with late fee of Rs. 700/|
|Block-2||16th September 2019 – 31st January 2020||without late fee||October/November 2020|
|1 st February – 15th February 2020||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16th February – 28th February 2020||with late fee of Rs. 400/|
|1 st March – 15th March 2020||with late fee of Rs. 700/|
How To Apply For NIOS Exam In April/May or October/November 2020
- Visit the official site of NIOS
- A home page of the Board will appear on the screen
- Look for “ Admission, Secondary, Sr. Secondary, and Vocational “ and click it
- Click on the link “ Admission for all streams under academic secondary and senior secondary “
- Choose the preference of “ April-May “ Or Oct-Nov”
- Once chosen there is 6 procedure which the candidates have to go through in order to complete the process.
- Choose State/UT
- Enter the basic details
- Optional details
- Documents Upload
Following these procedures, one can easily fill their form. However, there will be a rejection of admission if :
- Any of the required documents are missing.
- If candidates submit the false documents.
- Educational requirement and age criteria are not fulfilled
- The secondary examination is not passed from a recognized Board.
Note: Once the admission is canceled then it will not be reconsidered. The application fee will not be refunded.
Documents Need to Be Uploaded Are
While filling the form, the 5th stage needs the documents to be uploaded. All the documents must be scanned and sized as per the guidelines of the Board. The documents need to be uploaded are:
- Recent Passport size colored photographs.
- Signature (preferably in Black Ink).
- Valid Identity Proof like Aadhar Card, Voter id., Passport, etc
- Residence proof
- Date of Birth proof in case of the Secondary Course. dd/mm/yyyy is the format for it
- Class 8th Marksheet or Self Certificate ( For secondary course).
- Class 10th Marksheet/ Certificate ( For Senior Secondary Course)
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC).
- Disability Certificate (if there is any)
- Ex-serviceman Certificate (if applicable)
- Original scan copy of the Failed Mark sheet issued by the Parent Board of the School Education in case of learner registers in NIOS for Stream- 2/3/4.