NEET 2019 Exam Pattern: Candidates who are interested in appearing for the NEET 2019 exam which will be conducted by NTA must go through the exam pattern carefully. Through NEET 2019 Exam, shortlisted candidates get admission to MBBS (medical), AYUSH and BDS (dental) courses. NEET is a national level entrance examination, so, its exam pattern becomes very critical from the examination point of view. National Testing Agency(NTA) has replaced the CBSE as an examination conducting body of NEET.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
From this year onwards, NTA is responsible to conduct the NEET 2019 Exam. Every year 13 lakh (approx) students appear for the exams. The NEET will be conducted in offline (pen-paper test) mode by NTA. The duration of the exam will be same as earlier which is 3 hours (180 minute). Exam pattern contains the information such as marking scheme, duration, number of question from each section etc. To get the detailed information related to NEET 2019 Exam Pattern – Read Below.
NEET 2019 Sample Question Paper
Students who are going to appear for the NEET 2019 exam, they must solve the previous year question paper. By doing this, candidates will get familiar with the difficulty level and types of questions that are going to come in the exam. Sample paper can be obtained in both online and offline mode. Various CBSE NEET Preparation coaching websites provide pdf of previous year question paper for free. Students can also buy the solved & practice papers of Arihant and Disha publications.
Check NEET 2019 Question Paper
NEET 2019 Important Dates
NTA has declared the examination schedule for NEET 2019.
As per the announcement made by the NTA on 21st Aug 2018, The NEET (UG) exam will be a single-session test held on a pen-and-paper basis. Candidates will be able to register for the same between November 1 and 30, 2018. The admit card for the exam – to be held on May 5, 2019 – can be downloaded from April 15. The results will be announced on June 5, 2019.
On 7th July 2018, HRD minister announced that NEET will be conducted twice in a year in online (computer test) mode. The availability of application form date was 1st to 31st October 2018. But, now the date and pattern have been changed.
For detailed information related to NTA NEET 2019 Exam Pattern – Read Below.
NEET Exam Pattern 2019
Exam pattern gives detailed information related to test pattern like duration, mode, making scheme, the number of question asked in the exam. Candidates who have registered for NEET 2019 must check the exam pattern in order to get familiar with the test pattern. Exam pattern helps the applicants in the preparation. The detailed information NEET 2019 Exam Pattern has been given below.
|1.||Test Dates||5th of May 2019|
|2.||Mode of Exam||Offline (pen-paper test) mode|
|3.||Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)|
|5.||Number of Questions||180 questions|
|6.||Language||The question paper will be asked in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda languages.|
|7.||Marking Scheme||4 Marks will be awarded for each correct response|
|8.||Negative Marking||1 Mark will be deducted for each incorrect response|
NEET 2019 Distribution of Marks
|S. No||Section||Number of questions||Marks|
NEET Question Paper 2019
NEET 2019 question paper will be different for each shift. CBSE NEET 2019 question paper will be available in 11 different languages including English, Urdu, Hindi, and eight regional languages. Question paper in English and Hindi language will be there. Candidates need to choose one language other than English at the time of online registration. The availability of regional language will depend on the location of the NEET test centres. The regional languages will be provided based on the location as per the details provided below:
NEET 2019 Regional Languages- Available
|S. No||Medium of Question Paper||Examination Centres|
|1.||English and Hindi||All Examination Centre Cities|
|2.||English and Urdu||All Examination Centre Cities|
|3.||English and Assamese||Examination Centre Cities in Assam|
|4.||English and Telugu||Examination Centre Cities in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|5.||English and Marathi||Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra|
|6.||English and Bengali||Examination Centre Cities in West Bengal|
|7.||English and Oriya||Examination Centre Cities in Odisha|
|8.||English and Kannada||Examination Centre Cities in Karnataka|
|9.||English and Gujarati||Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|10.||English and Tamil||Examination Centre Cities in Tamil Nadu|
Check – NEET 2nd Round Seat Allotment
NEET MBBS Admit Card 2019
The Admit Card National Testing Agency NEET will be available online on 15th April 2019. The Hall Ticket will be available on the official website. Candidates can download the NEET 2019 Hall Ticket by submitting their Registration Number, Password, and Captcha Code. The Admit Card comprises of the details such as Name, Date of Birth, and other examination details. No candidate will be able to appear the exam without the Admit Card.
Check NEET 2019 Admit Card
How to Attempt NEET 2019 Question Paper?
Okay, so here we have shared some strategies that will help you to attempt the question paper of NEET in the right manner so that you get enough time to attempt all the questions.
So, let’s start with the exam pattern. Now, you know all the details about the NEET 2019 Exam Pattern. Thus, here are some tips that will help you to score good marks in the NEET 2019 Entrance Exam.
- So, you know that there are a total of 180 questions. So, first, attempt all those questions that are easy, that you have practiced before.
- If you have practiced well enough, you can roughly attempt approx 110 to 120 Questions quickly. This is good enough to reserve a rank on the Merit List.
- Skip the questions that you find difficult. This will save a lot of time.
- Keep at least 30 minutes to attempt the leftover questions. Do Guesswork only on those questions where you are confused with two options.
- Stay Calm and attempt the questions patiently so that you can achieve the cutoff marks.
- You must note that, wrong answers can lead to negative marking.
Thus, these strategies will help you to score good marks in the NEET Exam. So, spend your time and attempt to answer wisely.
Highlights of NEET Exam Pattern 2019
- For the first time ever, NEET 2019 Exam is going to be conducted in offline mode (pen-paper test) mode on 5th May 2019. Each session will include 8 shifts on different dates and duration. Candidates, at the time of online registration, need to select the test centre, duration and date as per their choice and availability. Admit card will be issued to the registered candidates after slot booking.
- Total 180 questions will be there from the subjects Zoology, Physics, Chemistry & Botany in Multiple Choice (MCQs) formats. Each question will contain 4 marks. 1 Mark will be deducted for the incorrect response. No marks will be awarded for unattempted questions.
- Candidates at the time of registration, who will select English as their medium of language will get the question paper only in English. Those candidates who will select any regional languages as medium of question paper will receive the question paper in English, Hindi and chosen language while those who will select Hindi as the medium of question paper will receive the question paper in English and Hindi.
Check- NEET Best books
If you have any doubt related to this article, then please write to us in the comment box given below.