MAHE will be prescribing the exam pattern and subject-wise syllabus. Candidates can either visit the official website or check all the information here. The Manipal University entrance exam 2020 will be conducted in online mode. To start preparing for the examination, candidates must check both the syllabus and exam pattern. Candidates should carefully check the marking scheme and practice question papers.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important Points to Note
- Candidates will be provided rough pages at the test centre to do the rough work
- Candidates will be allowed to navigate through the questions.
- All appearing candidates should reach the exam hall before the scheduled time.
Manipal University Entrance Exam Pattern 2020
The Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is in charge of prescribing the exam pattern for MET 2020. Candidates should know about the Types of questions, Number of questions, time allowed etc. to prepare themselves for the exam. Details about the MET exam pattern helps candidates to prepare for the exam in a more efficient way. Candidates can prepare various subjects accordingly and can manage their time for each subject as per the subject weightage. The Manipal University exam pattern is as follows:
- The exam will be held in the online mode i.e. in computer-based mode.
- Each candidate will have 2 hours 30 minutes to complete the entire exam.
- Questions will be objective type and there will be multiple choice questions.
- There will be a total of 200 questions.
- The distribution of questions will be as follows: Physics – 50 Questions, Chemistry – 50 Questions, Mathematics – 70 Questions and English & General Aptitude – 30 Questions.4 marks will be rewarded to each correct answer and -1 will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Marking scheme of Manipal University 2020
The Manipal Entrance exam marking scheme is clearly given in the table below:
|Subjects||No. Of questions||Marks per question||Marks per subject|
|Physics||50||1 mark for every correct answer|
No Negative marking
|English + Aptitude||30||30|
Manipal University Syllabus 2020
All students must check the syllabus of the Manipal University entrance exam so that they can prepare well. To begin with, the preparations of the examination candidates must check the syllabus of all the subjects thoroughly. This will help them collect the correct study material and obtain the best results in the examination. Candidates can check and download the subject-wise syllabus of Manipal University entrance exam. Check the subject-wise syllabus given here:
|Logarithms||Geometrical Optics||Atomic Structure||Sentence Improvement|
|Mathematical Induction||Physical Optics||Periodic Properties||Spotting of Errors|
|Summation of Finite Series||Heat||Oxidation Number|
|Theory of Equations||Electrostatics||Gaseous State|
|Binomial Theorem||Current Electricity||Chemical Kinetics|
|Mathematical Logic||Atomic Physics||Organic Compounds with Oxygen-2, Amines|
|Limits and Continuity||Haloalkanes|
|Elements of Number Theory||Chemical Thermodynamics-2|
|Matrices and Determinants||Electro-chemistry|
|Analytical Geometry||Organic Chemistry|
|Conic Sections (Analytical Geometry)||Carbohydrates|
|Complex Numbers||Oils and Fats|
|Differentiation||Amino Acids and Proteins|
|Definite Integrals||Metallurgy – 2|
|Differential Equations||Industrially Important Compounds|
|Probability||Group 18, Nobel Gases|
|Inequalities||D – Block Elements (Transition Elements)|
|Theory of Dilute Solutions|
Preparation Tips for Manipal University Entrance Exam 2020
Check the preparation strategy for MAHE entrance test 2020 given below:
- Firstly, Know the correct syllabus to gather the right study material.
- Prepare a timetable on a daily basis in order to manage time throughout the day.
- Take the mock test that will be made available online on the official website.
- Solve as many previous years question papers as you can.
- Understand the concepts and make short notes wherever possible.