Aspirants who want attend the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET/ Kar CET) 2018, must fill up the online application form by March 8th, 2018. This article will guide the applicants on how to apply for the KCET 2018 exam. Candidates must read the KCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria to find whether they are eligible to apply for KCET 2018 exam.
The KCET 2018 Application Form was made available from the Feb 1st, 2018 11 am. The application form was available only in online mode and had to be accessed via KCET Official Website. There is no offline procedure to apply for KCET 2018. However, the offline mode (pen-paper based) of the exam will be held on 18th and 19th April 2018.
KCET 2018 Examination and Event Dates – Check Here
- 1 KCET 2018 Application Form
- 2 Correction in KCET 2018 Application Form
- 3 Step by step procedure to Fill the KCET 2018 Application Form at a glance:
- 3.1 Step 1: Registration
- 3.2 Step 2: Login & Fill the KCET 2018 Application Form
- 3.3 Contact Details to be filled in KCET 2018 Application Form
- 3.4 Details related to Previous KCET Exams
- 3.5 Study Details to be entered in KCET 2018 Application Form
- 3.6 Step 3: Uploading Photograph & Signature in the KCET 2018 application form
- 3.7 Step 4: Application Fee details of KCET 2018
- 3.8 KCET 2018 Application Form Submission and Printout
- 3.9 Courses offered via KCET 2018 at the participating Institute/College
- 4 List of Exam Centers for KCET 2018
KCET 2018 Application Form
KEA has given the candidates one last chance to edit the reservation details on the KCET 2018 application Form till 25th May 2018. The KCET result 2018 and seat allotment will be based on the reservation claimed by the candidate. Click here to edit your application.
KCET 2018 Application Form Editing Instructions – Click To Read!
Candidates must go through the first and foremost core process of registration/ filling up the application form. Any mistake in filling up the form can debar the candidate from getting the admit card.
Few important points that must be kept in mind while filling up the form
- Applicant must go through the KCET- 2018 official brochure.
- Application form will be available online and candidates can fill the form by visiting the official website.
- KCET – 2018 registration will start from 1st February 2018 and applicants can register until 8th March 2018.
- Candidates must have a valid mobile number, E-Mail ID, Scanned copy of recent photograph, Signature, Left thumb impression, Parent’s signature and class 10th and class 12th mark sheet while filling up the form.
Correction in KCET 2018 Application Form
KCET 2018 Application form correction was made available on the official website from 27th – 31st March 2018. The applicants cannot edit or make any changes in any field in the application form of KCET 2018 once they have submitted the application form and paid the application fee. The aspirants are advised to fill up the application form carefully. If any information related to the correction in the application form is announced by the official authority of KCET later on, then updates regarding the same will be provided here.
Step by step procedure to Fill the KCET 2018 Application Form at a glance:
The First step before filling up the application form is to register yourself for the exam.
- Go to the official website i.e http://kea.kar.nic.in/#.
- Then click on the link “CET-2018 UG Online Application”.
- Now click on “New User”.
- Read all the instructions carefully & click on “Proceed to Apply Online”.
- Fill all the required details & click on “submit” button.
- After the submission, you will get your “User ID” and “password” on your registered mobile number or E-Mail ID.
- Login again with “User ID” & “password”.
- Now fill your personal details, examination details, study details etc.
- After that upload your scanned photograph, signature, left thumb impressions & parent signature in JPEG/JPG format.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- Now download the bank challan by selecting one of the specified bank and pay fee.
- At last, take a printout of the filled application form in A4 size paper.
For detailed information regarding the application procedure, go through the article given below:
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates are required to click on “New User?” and “Click Here to Register” as applicable.
- Read the instructions carefully and proceed ahead by clicking on “Proceed to Apply Online”.
- Select nationality and School Board. (Candidates need to be Indian Nationals and should have taken Karnataka 2nd PUC (Pre-University Course) Annual Examination 2018.
- Enter the 13 digit “Student Number” assigned by PUE Department.
- Lastly, Click on the “submit” button.
Procedure to change the Password/Login ID in case if forgotten:
- Open KCET 2018 portal.
- Click on CET 2018 online application link.
- Click on applicant login portal.
- Click on forget password link.
- Enter KCET 2018 applicant User ID, KCET 2018 application number, select secret question, enter answer & security code.
- Press on the submit button
- Student will be redirected to change password portal/create new password portal
- Enter KCET 2018 applicant user ID/ KCET 2018 applicant number, enter new password which you have to change and confirm new password by re-entering it.
- Press on change button password.
- Once the candidate clicks on “change password”, the password will be changed made by the candidate and now he/she can login with the new password.
Step 2: Login & Fill the KCET 2018 Application Form
After registration, Candidates have to login using the KCET Application number and password which will take applicant to the next step of filling all required details in the KCET application form 2018. After the candidate has logged in, he/she will be directed to “Student Information” page where they have to fill the following details:-
- Mother Tongue
- Annual Income of the Family(in Rs.)
- Reservation Category
- Caste/Category/Income Certificate Number ( if applicable).
- Caste List of OBC/ST/ST Category(if applicable)
- Selection of Eligibility Clause Code
- Choose one of the given Exam Centres for KCET-2018.
Details of Qualifying Exam to be filled in KCET 2018 Application Form
- Qualifying Examinations University/Board Name
- School Name (if Karnataka CBSE/CISCE)
- Whether appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC (Pre-University Course) Examination 2018 (Science)?
- PUC Student number (if applicable)
- Year of passing (if applicable)
- Total Number of completed years of study in Karnataka (From 1st to 12th Standard)
- Whether studied in Rural Area of Karnataka from 1st to 10th standard?
- Whether studied in Kannada Medium from 1st to 10th standard?
- Eligibility to claim Reservation
Contact Details to be filled in KCET 2018 Application Form
- Name of the District
- Pin Code
- Phone Number
- Have studied 10th standard in Karnataka or not?
- State where appeared for12th standard examination
- District where the applicant appeared for the 12th standard exam (if Karnataka)
- Native State
- Native District (if Karnataka)
- Whether the applicant is Son/Daughter of Jammu &Kashmir migrant?
- Whether claiming for Reservation?
- If the applicant has appeared for previous KCET exams?
- KCET number (if applicable)
- Year of appearance (if applicable)
- Whether obtained any seat in KCET previously and taken admission to college? (if applicable)
Study Details to be entered in KCET 2018 Application Form
- Name of School/College attended
- Classes studied in that particular school
- Year of studying
- Year of passing
Step 3: Uploading Photograph & Signature in the KCET 2018 application form
Once the Candidates click on “Save and Next” button, they will be directed to uploading photograph and signature page. Upload them carefully as per instruction given below:-
- Photograph has to be in jpeg/jpg format only. No other format will be accepted.
- The Photograph should be a colour one with a white background.
- The signature and thumb impression should be in blue/black ink.
- Use of capital letters in the signature is completely prohibited.
- Thumb impressions should not be smugged.
To have a look at the dimensions, size and format of photograph, thumb impression and signature, refer to the table below:
|Left Thumb Impression||(5-40 KB)||(3.5×1.5)cm||JPG/JPEG|
After the images are uploaded, Candidates must click on the declaration button and then click on “Submit” button.
Step 4: Application Fee details of KCET 2018
After successfully uploading photograph, signature and thumb impressions, Candidates have to pay KCET 2018 application fee via offline mode by Bank Challan or DD (Demand Draft). Fee Details are given below:-
KCET 2018 Application Fee Details
|S.No||Category (Male & Female)||Application Fee||Bank||E-Post Office|
|3||Applicant who studied outside Karnataka||Rs. 750||Rs. 10||Rs.12|
|4||Applicant residing outside India||Rs. 5000||–||–|
Bank Challan – Candidates have to download the Bank Challan online after selecting their bank. Candidates have to pay KCET 2018 application fee at branches of State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, Indian Bank or E-Post offices. The application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Demand Draft – Candidates from outside India have to pay the application fee of KCET 2018 through Demand draft (DD) in favour of “Executive Director, Karnataka State Authority” payable at Bangalore
KCET 2018 Application Form Submission and Printout
The final stage of KCET 2018 Application form filling is submission and taking printout of the application form KCET 2018.
Courses offered via KCET 2018 at the participating Institute/College
KCET 2018 participating institutes include around 220 government and private colleges of Karnataka. Over 45,000 seats of KCET participating institutes will be filled by candidates who will clear the Karnataka CET 2018. Courses offered by the colleges/institutions are as follows:-
|S. No||Programme||Course name|
|1.||Bachelor of Veterinary science and Animal Husbandry.||–|
|2.||Bachelor of Technology in Food and Technology, Dairy Technology, Food science and Tech., Agriculture Engineering.||–|
|3.||Bachelor of Technology ( B-Tech) in various Fields.||–|
|4.||Bachelor of Science||Agriculture, Sericulture, Horiculture and Forestry, Agri. Marketing & Co-Op|
|5.||Bachelor of Home Science||Home science|
|6.||Bachelor of Fisheries Science||Fisheries|
|7.||Bachelor of Pharmacy||–|
|8.||Doctor of Pharmacy||–|
|9.||AYUSH||Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homeopathy.|
List of Exam Centers for KCET 2018
Candidates have to choose KCET 2018 exam city as per their convenience while filling the application form. The name and address of KCET exam centre 2018 will be mentioned on the admit card. The list of possible Examination centre for KCET 2018 are provided below.
If you have any kind of query or doubt related to this article, please let us know by writing on the comment section below.