Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2019: Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will be conducting the annual admission counselling from 1st July for the academic session of 2019. Candidates who will be appearing and clearing the NEET 2019 and who will be applying for the medical and dental admission under the state quota of Karnataka will be able to participate in the Karnataka MBBS Counselling sessions. The student induction in various medical and dental colleges will be subject to Karnataka MBBS Merit List 2019. The whole counselling process will include registration, choice filling and locking, seat allotment, document verification, and fee payment. There will be around 87 participating colleges and around 7700 seats to be filled; the counselling process will be held until the seats are filled completely.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, viewers will learn about the Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2019 important dates, participation procedure, seat allotment procedure, and other related relevant details.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Karnataka MBBS 2019 Counselling Schedule
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA KCET) will be releasing the counselling dates during the month of June 2019. The counselling procedure is likely to begin from the 1st week of July 2019. For participation, candidates will have to get registered as soon as the registration window opens during the 3rd week of June 2019. Refer the table below to get a detailed idea for the Karnataka MBBS 2019 Admission Schedule.
|1||Karnataka MBBS/BDS Admission Registration||3rd week of June 2019|
|2||Last Date for Application Submission||4th week of June 2019|
|3||Document Verification||Last week of June 2019|
|4||Release of Karnataka MBBS Merit List||1st week of June 2019|
|5||Choice Filling and Locking||1st week of July 2019|
|6||First Seat Allotment||2nd week of July 2019|
|7||Admission Confirmation and Fee Payment||3rd week of July 2019|
|8||Second Counselling Registration||3rd week of July 2019|
|9||Last Date for Application Submission||3rd week of July 2019|
|10||Document verification||3rd week of July 2019|
|11||Release of Candidate List||3rd week of July 2019|
|12||Choice filling for New Registrations||3rd week of July 2019|
|13||Seat Allotment||4th week of July 2019|
|14||Admission Confirmation||4th week of July 2019|
|15||Mop Up Rounds||Last week of July – August 2019|
Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2019 Procedure
The counselling process for the MBBS admission of 2019 session will be held partly in online mode and partly in offline mode. Candidates who appear in the merit list can register and get their documents verified. Once the documents are verified, candidates can lock their choice of colleges. Seats will be allotted by KEA on the basis of the Merit list and applications received, and candidates can confirm their admission or can participate in the next round of counselling. The detailed procedure for the participation in the Karnataka MBBS 2019 Counselling is as follows.
Step 1: Register and Login
- The Karnataka MBBS 2019 Admission Application form will be released during the 3rd week of June 2019.
- Candidates will have to get registered from the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
- Registrations will involve filling in the personal and academic details and uploading documents that are mentioned in the form. Specifications for uploading images will be provided later.
- At this point, candidates will be asked to carefully read the terms and conditions. To proceed, candidates will have to agree on to the declaration statement.
- After declaration, candidates have to confirm their registration and continue from therein.
Step 2: Document Verification – Candidates will have to report to the venue that will be disclosed later. Candidates will have to get all their documents verified. The list of documents that are to be verified are as follows.
- Domicile certificate of Karnataka
- Candidate’s NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card of the Candidate
- Counseling letter for Karnataka MBBS Admission 2019
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of Karnataka MBBS/BDS fee transaction slip and application form
Step 3: Choice Filling and Choice Locking
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking will be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates will be able to choose as many colleges as he wishes.
- Candidates without the domicile certificate will only be able to choose private colleges under management quota.
- Choices are to locked at the end and candidates will not be able to make changes
Step 4: Seat Allotment – Candidates will have to download the Karnataka MBBS Counselling Call letter from the official website and reach the said venue with valid documents. Candidates will be given seat allotment on the basis of their NEET Score/Rank and seat and Merit List. Top candidates will be given preferences over the lower ranked candidates.
Based on the allotted seats, candidates will have four options. First, candidates who are satisfied with the allotted seat can confirm their admission by downloading the admission slip and making the fee payment. With this option, he/she will not be able to participate in further admission process. Second, candidates who are satisfied with the allotted but still want to participate in another counselling session will be able to do so. Third, candidates who are not satisfied with the allotted seat but still want to continue with the next counselling process. Lastly and fourthly, candidates who are not satisfied with the seat allotted and who do not wish to continue.
Choices are to be selected carefully so as to regret the decisions made. For this reason, it is important to get a thorough understanding of the whole admission process.