JKCET 2021: Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE) conducts the JKCET Entrance Exam every year. Through this exam, candidates can seek admission into B.Tech/ B.E. courses in various institutions of J&K. Also, it is a state-level entrance examination. Hence, there is quite a competition among candidates for the JKCET 2021 exam. The full form of the JKCET exam is the ‘Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test‘ 2021.
Check Eligibility For JKCET Exam
In order to appear for the exam, candidates must fulfill the JKCET Eligibility Criteria 2021. Now, after checking the conditions, candidates can fill the JKCET Online Application Form 2021. Candidates must fill correct and valid details in the form. Also, those who successfully the form will be able to issue the JKCET Admit Card 2021. For more details regarding the JKCET 2021 Exam, read the article.
Summary Of JKCET 2021
Candidates can refer to the table below which contain some major points in short related to the examination of JKCET 2021:
|Name of the Exam||Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||JKCET 2021|
|Exam Conducting Body||Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE)|
|Mode of Examination||Offline mode|
|Mode of Application||Online mode|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology|
|Total duration of Exam||3 hours|
JKCET 2020 Brochure (For Reference)
Schedule of JKCET 2021 Examination
Students who desire to apply for JKCET 2021 and further take it, must have complete knowledge regarding the important events and their corresponding dates. If any of the events are missed by an individual then he or she will not be able to sit in the exam. Therefore, candidates must check the official website from time to time as all the dates will be updated there.
The table below highlights the events of JKCET 2021.
|Opening of Application Form||March 2021|
|Closing date to submit Application Form||July 2021|
|Starting of Counselling||September 2021|
|Closing date of Admission||—|
JKCET Eligibility Criteria 2021
The eligibility of an applicant to apply for JKCET 2021 is decided certainly by some parameters. These parameters when placed together create JKCET Eligibility Criteria 2021. Thus, candidates need to satisfy the eligibility criteria so as to apply for the exam. The various parameters are listed below:
- NATIONALITY: The applying candidate should be a citizen of India
- DOMICILE: An applicant must have a domicile of Jammu and Kashmir.
- AGE: The minimum age of an individual must be 17 years as on 31st December 2021.
- QUALIFYING EXAMINATION: Students must have passed class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board or university.
- QUALIFYING SUBJECT: An aspirant must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as mandatory subjects in class 12th.
- MINIMUM MARKS: General category candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam. On the other hand, candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories must have secured at least 40% aggregate marks.
NOTE – Applicants appearing for class 12th board exams are also eligible to apply for JKCET 2021 exam.
JKCET Application Form 2021
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE) will release the JKCET Application Form 2021. Candidates can access the application form via online mode. Moreover, to fill an application form, applicants need to visit the official website. Further, only eligible candidates will be allowed to fill an application form, or else the authority will reject the applications.
For filling an application form of JKCET 2021, candidates need to undergo various steps. The first step is to register online followed by payment of an application fee of Rs. 1200. This payment can be done via online mode. After making the payment, an individual will be able to fill the necessary details in the form. These details include personal, qualification, and contact details. Once the details will be filled in, students need to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature in the application form. When the JKCET 2021 application form will be entirely filled, an applicant needs to submit it. Candidates must submit the form on or before the given deadline.
NOTE – Students must pay attention to the following points while filling an application form:
- All the details filled in the form must correct and relevant. Any incorrect or wrong detail will result in rejection of the form
- Candidates must upload the scanned images in the required specifications as set by the exam conducting authority.
JKCET Admit Card 2021
The exam conducting body will issue the admit card/hall ticket of JKCET 2021 for those who have successfully completed the application process. For downloading an admit card, candidates need to log in to the official website using their application number and date of birth. JKCET Admit Card 2021 will consist of several details. These details are generally related to an appearing student and the entrance exam. Apart from these details, there are some important exam day instructions present on the JKCET 2021 hall ticket.
Applicants need to produce the admit card on the day of examination. This is because entry without the hall ticket is not granted to aspirants. Hence, the admit card is a crucial document. In addition, with the help of this document, the authority verifies the identity of an appearing candidate.
JKCET Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates who will be appearing for the JKCET 2021 exam must be aware of the examination pattern in advance. Through the JKCET Exam Pattern 2021 candidates become familiar with many factors. These factors include mode of exam, duration, distribution of marks, marking scheme, etc. Applicants can go through the below-prescribed exam pattern so as to gain information regarding the examination:
- JKCET 2021 exam will take place online.
- The entrance test of JKCET 2021 will be conducted via offline mode. i.e. it is a pen and paper-based test.
- The exam will be conducted for a duration of 3 hours.
- The question paper will be divided into 3 sections namely Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Each section will be of 60 marks. Therefore, the total marks of the JKCET 2021 examination are 180.
- The questions will be of objective type.
- There will be 60 questions from each section and hence the question paper will contain a total of 180 questions.
- 1 mark will be awarded for a correct response whereas 0.25 mark will be deducted for an incorrect response.
JKCET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates will find the syllabus of JKCET 2021 on the official portal. The syllabus is basically of class 11th and 12th level and covers topics from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates can start preparing for the entrance test by studying the subjects prepared for the previous qualifying examination.
JKCET 2021 Preparation Strategy
Candidates must have a preparation strategy which they must follow while preparing for the exam. This strategy will eventually help candidates to prepare well for the exam with a proper mindset and goal. In addition to this, the candidates must practice JKCET Question Paper. Given below are some crucial points and candidates must go through them.
- Have complete knowledge about the examination pattern, syllabus, and marking scheme
- Prepare a time table and study for Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance test 2021 according to it.
- Divide equal time between each of the subjects.
- Focus on the subject which seems to be more difficult.
- Have a good and relevant collection of study material
- Do not leave any topic from the syllabus assuming it to be unimportant.
- Solve the maximum number of sample papers and previous years’ question papers as it will increase the speed of solving the questions.
- Do not skip any single day and practice on a regular basis
- Make brief notes while preparing for the entrance examination of JKCET 2021.
- Take proper sleep of 7-8 hours
- Eat health food rich in nutrients, minerals, etc
JKCET 2021 Important Books
Applicants must have a good collection of books so that candidates can rely upon them for great preparation for JKCET 2021 examination. Preparation without having a relevant study material is useless for candidates. The names of some important books to which candidates can refer are prescribed below:
Physics: HC Verma, DC Pandey
Chemistry: OP Tandon (Physical and Inorganic Chemistry), Arihant Publication (Organic Chemistry)
Mathematics: SL Loney, RS Aggarwal, RD Sharma
JKCET 2021 Answer Key
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE) will publish the answer key of JKCET 2021. This answer key will be released within a few days after the conclusion of an entrance test. Applicants will be able to access the answer key from the official website. Moreover, an answer key will be available in the pdf format for all the sets of the question paper. With the help of JKCET Answer Key 2021, students can cross-check the answers marked by them against the answers provided in the key. In addition, it will also help candidates to estimate their probable score. As a result, students will gain an idea about their performance in the entrance test.
The exam conducting authority will also allow applicants to raise objections against an answer key. This can be done if an individual is not satisfied with the released answer key and there is an error in it. For raising objections, candidates have to pay a certain amount of fee and they also need to submit a valid proof. The authority will take into consideration all the objections and then publish the final JKCET 2021 Answer Key.
JKCET Result 2021
Applicants after taking the exam must check the JKCET Result 2021. The result will be declared after the exam. Candidates can check their results online as well as offline mode. For checking the result via online mode, applicants have to visit the official website and enter their date of birth. On the other hand, candidates can obtain their result of JKCET 2021 from any of the JKBOPEE situated in Kashmir and Srinagar.
JKCET Merit List 2021
The conducting authority will release the JKCET Merit List 2021 depending upon the result. The merit will contain names of those who will qualify for the entrance exam by scoring minimum qualifying marks. However, the authority will publish a separate merit list for general and reserved categories. The qualified students will be further invited for the counselling process.
JKCET 2021 Counselling
JKBOPEE organizes the counselling of JKCET 2021 for those whose names will be present in the merit list. Further, taking part in the counselling is indeed an important step. During the JKCET Counselling 2021, candidates have to fill the choices of course and institution. The authority is responsible for allotting seats to candidates on the basis of the rank secured, choices filled and availability of seats. After the allotment of seat, applicants have to report at the allotted centre in person for verification of documents. Moreover, aspirants need to pay a counselling fee of Rs. 1200
Documents Required for Verification
The list of documents that aspirants need to bring to the reporting centre during the counselling process for verification includes the following:
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Passing Certificate of both class 10th & 12th
- Domicile Certificate
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Category Certificate
- Score Card of Qualifying Exam
JKCET 2021 Reservation of Seats
There is a percentage of seats that are specifically reserved for different categories of students. The authority grants admission to candidates and offers a seat to them depending upon this reservation policy accordingly. The table below displays the JKCET 2021 Reservation of Seats for various category of candidates:
|Category of the Candidate||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11%|
|Children of Defense Personnel||3%|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||25%|