JKCET Result 2020: Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is an entrance examination conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) for admissions into undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) courses. After the JKCET exam, the conducting body declares the result. The result will come out probably in the month of May 2020. JKCET result 2020 name wise will reflect the performance of the students in the exam. After the result as per the performance of the candidates, ranks will be provided to them. Hence as per the rank, merit list will be prepared.
Check Eligibility For JKCET Exam
Thus candidates who are going to take part in the exam must know how to look for the JKCET result 2020 PDF download. Delay in looking into the result will delay the other process and sometimes candidates can easily lose the opportunity. JKBOPEE will call the successful candidates for counselling. Therefore candidates must look into the article given below related to the JKCET Result.
JKCET 2020 Result Important Date
Candidates must be aware of the dates and schedule about the JKCET exam and result. Below are the dates which are the tentative dates. Keep it as the general reference until the official notification is not out. When the official notification released, we will inform you. Till then consider the tentative dates.
|JKCET 2020 entrance exam||April 2020|
|Release of JKCET answer key||April 2020|
|Announcement of JKCET 2020 result||May 2020|
|JKCET 2020Counselling (round 1)||May 2020 to June 2020|
|Round 2 Counselling of JKCET 2020||July 2020|
How To Download JKCET Result 2020
In order to view the result, candidates have to follow certain procedures. The steps they need to follow are:
- Visit the official website of JKCET and click on the results link.
- A pdf will appear in front of the screen
- Click on the download arrow and take the print of the same.
- Keep the print out for further use.
Contents Available In The JKCET Result 2020 PDF
JKCET Result list down much information in it. The contents available in the JKCET Result are:
- JKCET 2020 Roll number
- Candidate’s Name
- Category of the Candidate
- Marks obtained in JKCET 2020
- The rank of JKCET 2020
Determination of JKCET Merit List 2020
After the result, merit list is set up on different parameters.
- Qualifying Exams: Candidates must have cleared the 12th board with PCM as the main subject.
- Marks and Eligibility: JKCET result decides how many students are moving forward for the admission process. In this, it is not the marks alone that determine the merit list but eligibility criteria is also there.
- Authority: Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) has the authority to prepare the list. A higher rank means he/she has performed really well in the exam. Therefore, a candidate with a high score will get a higher rank. They will generate the merit list for Open Category and Reserved category students
- Inter-se-merit: For the purpose of allotment of seats to the reserved category candidates in Government Engineering Colleges inter-se-merit is practiced.
- Inter-se-merit within each reserved category shall be taken into consideration.
- Seat Sharing: If the reserved category students are less than the number of seats available for that category, then vacancies shall be filled by aspirants from Open Category.
If There Is A Tie-Breaker In The Result
Many a time it happens that two or more than two candidates have the same score. So there are certain things which are taken into consideration to prepare the list.
- Marks in Mathematics Section of the Entrance test,
- The marks obtained in Physics Section of the Entrance test, if marks obtained in Mathematics Section are equal,
- Marks obtained in Chemistry Section of the Entrance test if marks obtained in Mathematics and Physics sections are equal,
- Finally, if the tie still prevails then they will prefer the aspirants older in age.