JIPMER Merit List 2019: JIPMER Result 2019 will release in the form of merit list. The candidates can also view and download their individual Marks/Percentile scores obtained in the JIPMER entrance examination 2019 by visiting the official website. Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the JIPMER 2019 entrance examination, the official authority prepares the JIPMER merit list 2019. JIPMER Merit list contains the name of the candidates who are eligible for the counselling and admission procedure. JIPMER Merit List 2019 is likely to publish in the 1st week of June 2019. To get the detailed information related to JIPMER Merit List 2019 – Read Below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
JIPMER 2019 Merit List
JIPMER Merit List 2019: Candidates who secured less than the minimum percentile or cut-off in the entrance examination will not be considered for admission and their names will not be included in the merit list. The following marks in the table given below are the category-wise cut-off of the JIPMER 2019 exam. The minimum percentile that an applicant must obtain in order to grab a spot in the merit list is provided in the table below:
Click Here For AIIMS MBBS Merit List 2019
|S. No||Category||Minimum Percentile|
|2.||Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|3.||SC / ST / OBC /- OPH||40|
Candidates belonging to the general category are required to score a minimum of the 50th percentile, those belonging to the general-PH category are required to score at least 45th percentile, and SC/ST/OBC category candidates are required to score at least 40th percentile to qualify. The result of JIPMER MBBS 2019 contains candidate’s name, category, general and category-wise rank and subject-wise percentile scored.
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennett University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Shiv Nadar University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
JIPMER 2019 Merit List Release Date
After a few days of the release of JIPMER 2019 merit list, JIPMER Puducherry will release JIPMER MBBS 2019 result in the form of individual rank letters or scorecards. Rank letter of JIPMER MBBS result 2019 will be released for all the candidates irrespective of the fact that they qualify the exam or not. JIPMER MBBS 2019 rank letters will display the rank, marks scored and the overall sectional percentile of a candidate. Aspirants of JIPMER MBBS 2019 can check the article below for complete information about the JIPMER MBBS 2019 Merit List, including important dates, steps to download JIPMER MBBS scorecard, qualifying percentile, etc.
Download JIPMER Merit List 2019
Follow the steps below to download the JIPMER 2019 Merit List.
- Go to the official website of JIPMER.
- On the homepage, click on the latest updates section.
- Click on “MBBS 2019 Merit List” option.
- JIPMER 2019 Merit list will be displayed on the screen in PDF format.
JIPMER Merit List 2019 Normalization
Preparation of Merit List for JIPMER 2019 is based on percentile score after the normalization process.
Normalization is a process for ensuring that students are neither got advantage nor disadvantage by the difficulty of questions since the entrance exam is conducted in two Shifts
At First, the Percentile Score for each candidate (Shift Wise) will be calculated as detailed below:-
Percentile Score Calculation
In shift-wise, Percentile score of each candidate will reflect what percentage of candidates have scored below that candidate in Entrance Examination in shift wise.
Percentile Score of a Candidate will be calculated by using the formula
(Number of Candidates from the group with an aggregate mark less than a candidate X 100)/Number of candidates in the particular shift
NOTE: By this way, the percentile score (up to 7 decimal places) will be calculated separately for each of the five subjects (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and Comprehension & Logical and Aptitude Reasoning) and the total. The Percentile of the total shall not be an aggregate or average of the percentile of individual subjects.
Preparation of Overall Rank/ Merit List
The percentile scores for the total marks for both shifts as mentioned above would be merged and arranged so as to derive an overall merit list/ ranking.
Tie-breaking procedure for JIPMER 2019
In case, two or more candidates secure equal percentile in the examination, the inter-se-merit will be determined in the following order:-
JIPMER MBBS 2019 – Tie Breaking Criteria
In case two or more candidates score the same percentile, then their rank in the merit list will be determined by applying tie-breaking criteria in the order given below:
- Lesser negative marks: Candidates with lesser negative marks will be given first preference in the order of merit.
- Percentile in Biology: Candidate with more percentile in the Biology section of JIPMER MBBS entrance will be put higher in the order of merit.
- Percentile in Chemistry: If negative marks and Biology percentile is equal, then the candidate with greater Chemistry percentile will be placed higher in the merit list.
- Percentile in Physics: If the tie persists, the candidates’ Physics percentile score in JIPMER MBBS will be considered. Candidate with higher percentile in Physics will be put above those with lesser percentile.
- Percentile in English & Comprehension: If the tie still fails to break then candidate’s percentile score in English & Comprehension section of JIPMER MBBS will be considered. One with higher percentile in this subject will be put higher in order of merit.
- Percentile in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: If the tie still doesn’t break, then the percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning section of JIPMER MBBS will be considered. One with higher percentile in this section will be put above those with lesser percentile scores.
- Age: If all other factors fail to break the tie, then the candidate senior in age will be put higher in the order of merit list over the younger ones.
JIPMER Merit List 2019 Highlights
- Candidates will be able to check whether or not they have qualified the exam and the rank they have got, with the declaration of the merit list of JIPMER 2019. JIPMER MBBS result 2019 in the form of merit list has been released on June 8, 2019.
- Category-wise merit list of JIPMER MBBS 2019 will be released such as overall merit list (containing names of all the candidates irrespective of their categories), general merit list, SC merit list, ST merit list and so forth. The result of JIPMER MBBS 2019 in the form of merit list will majorly contain Candidate’s name, Roll Number, All India Rank (AIR), Overall percentile and percentile scored in individual subjects of JIPMER MBBS entrance namely Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English & Comprehension and Logic & Quantitative Reasoning.
- Individual rank letters or scorecards of all the candidates who appeared in JIPMER MBBS 2019 will be released a week after the declaration of merit list, i.e. in the second week of June 2019 tentatively. The rank letters of JIPMER MBBS 2019 entrance exam will contain the detailed marks scored by a candidate, sectional and overall percentile, rank, etc.
So, to know about the result, cut-off and merit list of JIPMER 2019 entrance examination for admission to MBBS programme in detail, candidates should go through this article.
If you have any doubt related to this article, please inform us by writing in the comment box below.