JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2021: NTA set the eligibility criteria for the JEE Main Exam. This is the important requirement without which candidates won’t be able to apply for the JEE Main 2021. Candidates before applying for the JEE Main 2021, must read the JEE Main 2021 eligibility criteria. The eligibility requirement will be listed in the brochure of JEE Main 2021. JEE Main 2021 will provide admissions in various undergraduate engineering courses in IITs, NITs, and IIITs. So candidates seeking for admission will have to appear for the JEE Main 2021 exam. And in order to sit for the exam, candidates have to fulfill the eligibility criteria. Eligibility requirement for JEE Main 2021 includes details such as educational qualification, age limit, nationality, subjects in Class 12/10+2 or equivalent and other mandatory details
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
Parameters of the JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
NTA is very strict about the eligibility requirement of JEE Main 2021. Authority set the eligibility criteria on different parameters.
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Requirement Details (B.Tech)
|No. Of Attempts||Candidates can participate in the entrance exam for 3 consecutive years. The exam will be conducted twice a year, they may appear in both the attempts. The attempt for an academic year will be considered as One.|
|Which Year Candidates can apply||Candidates who have passed the 12th board in 2019, 2020 and appearing candidates of 2021 can also apply.|
|Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, NRI/ OCI/ PIO/ Foreign Nationals can also apply.|
|Age||There is no specific age limit for the applications. However, he/ she should be born on or after October 1st, 1994.|
|Qualifying Examination||Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any government recognized board. Other than that, candidates currently pursuing their class XII or equivalent are also eligible to apply.|
|Qualifying Subjects||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.For B.planning, mathematics is no longer the priority for filling the form.|
|Number of subjects in the Qualifying exam||Five subjects with 3 compulsory and 2 elective subjects|
|Qualifying Percentage/ Marks||Paper 1: The candidate will secure at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination. Paper 2: For B.Planning and B.Arch candidates must have 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and also 50%|
marks in aggregate of the qualifying examination.
Important Points Regarding JEE Main Eligibility 2021
- Candidates don’t have an age limit for the JEE Main exam. However, he/she has to pass the 12th board in 2019, 2020 and appearing candidates of 2021 can only apply.
(The candidates must note that the IITs have an age limit/restriction, which will be published in JEE(Advanced)-2021 Information Brochure).
- Candidates must have 75% in aggregate in the 12th Board (65% reserved category).
- It is compulsory for the students to have 5 subjects in 12th boards apart from the required subjects in JEE Main 2021 eligibility requirement. Candidates having 4 subjects in the 12th board will not be allowed for JEE Main 2021 exam.
- The subjects combination as per the paper is given here:
B.Tech: Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following: Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational
B.Arch: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. (50% marks in 12th Board)
B.Plan: Mathematics in 12th can also apply because science is no longer the criteria for B.Planning. (50% marks in 12th Board)
Eligibility Criteria For Admission In NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should secure minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST students) in the 12th board examination or must be in the top 20 percentile in class 12th examination
- Subject requirement as per the courses i.e B.E/B.Tech and B.Arch and B.Planning
|Course||Criteria Required for Admission|
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics. (Science is no longer the criteria)
List of Qualifying Examinations (QE) For JEE Main:
- 10+2 exam that must be conducted by any recognized Central/ State Board, such as CBSE or ICSE or State Board University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least a 3-year duration General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Reservation Of Seats
As per Government of India, the following categories will be considered in JEE Main 2021 for the seat reservation:
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||3|
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria For Droppers
Two categories under which the eligibility criteria for droppers can be classified
- Candidates who have dropped a year after completing their class 12 to concentrate on JEE Main 2020 exam.
- And the candidates who got admitted to another institute and wish to attempt again or did not qualify JEE Main earlier and waited a year while preparation.
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers are:
- There is no specific age limit but make sure that the 12th board completed in 2019 & 2020. Only three consecutive attempts are allowed for JEE Main.
- The candidates should have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate marks (65% for reserved category) or be in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards.
- Must have at least five subjects in 12th class or qualifying exam (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics compulsory).
State Code of Eligibility
Candidates must look at the JEE Main 2021 state code of eligibility. State code of eligibility is actually the state from where the candidate has passed the 12th class or equivalent examination. The following are the List of States/ Union Territories and their Codes for State Codes of Eligibility:
|Code||Name of State/ Union Territory (UT)||Code||Name of State/ Union Territory (UT)|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||20||Madhya Pradesh|
|8||Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||27||Puducherry (UT)|
|9||Daman & Diu (UT)||28||Punjab|
|14||Himachal Pradesh||33||Uttar Pradesh|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||34||Uttarakhand|
|18||Kerala||98||Foreign/ OCI/ PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan|