The GGSIPU CET counselling and seat allotment procedure for admission into undergraduate B Tech programme generally takes place soon after the publication of merit list. Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the IPU CET 2018, the official authority prepares and releases the merit list. Merit list contains the names of the candidates who are eligible for CET 2018 counselling and seat allotment. The IPU CET B.Tech Counselling will be done in multiple rounds. Aspiring candidates can check the IPU CET Counselling Dates, counselling procedure and seat allotment details.
- 1 Updates
- 2 IPU CET Counselling
- 3 IPU CET Counselling Schedule 2018
- 4 IPU CET Counselling Procedure 2018
- 5 GGSIPU B.Tech Course List
IPU CET Counselling
The IPU CET 2018 counselling for admission to undergraduate B Tech programme in Guru Gobind Singh university & its affiliated Institute/ Colleges will take place through both online and offline mode.
IPU CET Counselling Online Mode:
Pay the Counselling fee/register here
- Payment of counselling fee
- Registration for counselling
- Seat allotment
- Withdrawal of seat alloted and fee refund.
IPU CET Counselling Offline Mode:
- Payment of counselling fee
- Document verification at the allotted centre
- Reporting at the allotted Institute/College
- Spot round of counselling
IPU CET Counselling Schedule 2018
Dates of multiple rounds of online IPU CET counselling schedule 2018 for admission (CET Code: 101, 105, 114, 121, 122, 125, 126, 128, 131, 146) are provided below:-
|S.No||IPU CET Counselling Events|
|Activity||Starting Date||Closing Date|
|1.||Payment of Counselling fee in through online payment gateways||14th June 2018||21st June 2018 (11:50 PM)|
|2.||Printing of Challan for payment of counselling participation fee||19th June 2018||Deposit of cash payment through printed challan (21.06.18)|
|3.||Registration by candidates after payment of fees||14th June 2018||22nd June 2018|
|4.||Document verification for reserved category candidates||14th June 2018||22nd June 2018|
|IPU CET Counselling Round 1 (online)|
|3.||Choice filling and locking of college||24th June 2018||will be notified later|
|4.||Seat Allotment||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|5.||Fees Payment||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|6.||Freezing of allotment||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|7.||Withdrawal of Admission||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|IPU CET Counselling Round 2 (online)|
|8.||Choice change after payment of fees of first round||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|9.||Seat Allotment||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|10.||Fees Payment||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|11.||Freezing of allotment||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|12.||Withdrawal of Admission||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|IPU CET Counselling Round 3 (online)|
|13.||Choice change after payment of fees of second round||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|14.||Seat Allotment (of reserved category with interconversions, if any)||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|15.||Seat Allotment (of open/general category with conversions, if any)|
|16.||Fees Payment||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|17.||Sliding Round||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|18.||Printing of “Provisional Seat Allotment Letter”||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|19.||Reporting to Allotted Institutions for joining, verification of documents and payment of balance fee (if any)||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|20.||Display of Open House Counselling Schedule, if required||will be notified later||will be notified later|
|21.||Open House Counselling / Spot Counselling||will be notified later||will be notified later|
NOTE: The venue for IPU CET counselling offline mode will be provided here once the information related to the same gets published by the official authority.
IPU CET Counselling Procedure 2018
Candidates whose names are in the merit list are eligible for counselling and admission to participating colleges affiliated to GGSIPU. Shortlisted candidates are advised to follow the below steps for the counselling process. The candidate has to be very careful and active during the whole counselling & admission process. IPU CET 2018 Counselling process follows a definite number of steps and they are as follows:-
Registration for IPU Counselling 2018
The first and foremost is to participate in the IPU CET counselling for B.Tech Courses is to get registered. The shortlisted candidates can register themselves to get enrolled for a particular programme.
- To register, the candidate will have to enter the IPU CET details like roll number, name, date of birth, result status and captcha is shown on the screen.
- After the authentication, the candidate will have to submit the academic, personal and contact details.
- When candidate successfully gets registered, he/she will be issued a login ID and password.
- Candidate can edit the registration details in the registration form by choosing the “Edit details”option from the menu within the prescribed registration period.
Note: Candidates are advised to take two print out of the registration form as he/she will be required to submit one at the time of document verification and other to be retained by the candidate for future reference.
Documents Verification for IPU CET Counselling
After registration of IP Counselling, candidates will have to report to the designated centers for document verification. Mentioned below are the documents to be carried.
- IPU CET 2018 admit card
- IPU CET 2018 result
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheet and certificate
- Admission verification form
- Category certificate duly attested (if applicable)
- IPU CET 2018 registration slip
- Candidates must attest their xerox copies from a gazetted officer or it can also be self-attested. If any candidate fails to provide the mandatory document then their candidature will be terminated.
- Character certificate duly attested by the head of the institution last studied in.
- All the candidates belonging to reserved category are advised to take mark sheets and original certificates from 10th standard onwards for verification.
Note: All certificates must be accompanied by a set of copies attested by a gazetted officer or self-attested.
Choice Filling during IPU CET Counselling
This is one of many important stages of IPU CET counselling procedure. In this step, the candidate will have to fill the course and institution choice according to their order of preference on the basis of which he/she will be allotted seat.
- To fill choice, the candidate will have to log in by using their login ID & password obtained during the registration for counselling.
- The candidate is required to fill their choices according to their course and college preferences. It is advisable that a candidate should fill the maximum number of options to ensure that he/she is allotted the seat of his/her choice.
- After filling the choices, the candidate is suggested to take two printouts of their choices.
IPU CET Seat Allotment
IPU Seat Availability Status after 1st Round of counselling has been released. CLICK HERE.
IPU CET seat allotment 2018 will be done on the basis of the merit, choices filled by the candidates and seat availability. Candidates can check their IPU CET 2018 seat allotment by logging in to the official website obtained during the registration. It is a must for a candidate, who will be allotted seat, to print and download provisional allotment letter.
Freezing of Allotted Seat – In cases where candidate opts for freeze option, it denotes that he/she is satisfied with the seat allotted to him/her and doesn’t want to participate in the subsequent rounds.
IPU CET 2018 Counselling Fee Submission
To participate in IPU CET Counselling 2018, candidate will have to pay Rs.1000 (excluding bank charges) which is non-refundable.
- For depositing the IPU CET counselling fee, registered candidates need to log in to the official website www.ipu.ac.in by using their credentials and select the option for ‘payment of counselling fee’.
- Enter the details like roll number, date of birth and mobile number and click on the ‘submit’ button.
- After the submission of details, candidates will get the two payment option- online or offline. Choose the payment option.
- If offline mode is chosen, a challan will be generated and fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank. In case of online payment mode, a candidate can make payment through net banking, debit or credit cards.
Note: Candidates are suggested to keep a confirmation receipt of IPU CET counselling fee with the transaction details after successful fee payment for future reference in case of both online and offline mode. Moreover, if a candidate faces any issue in fee payment or the confirmation receipt doesn’t appear, then it is advised that student must contact the help desk of the University.
Reporting at the Allotted Institute
To confirm the seat, candidates will have to pay a part academic fee which would mean that they have accepted the seat allotted to them. The candidate has to pay an admission fee of Rs. 40000 at the allocated institute. The print out of admission fee receipt must be taken after the payment.
Withdrawal of Seat Allotted and Fee Refund
After depositing the academic fee, if the candidate wants to withdraw the allotted seat, he/she can opt for withdrawal option. Withdrawal option must be requested online by the candidate for withdrawal of admission within provided dates, as after first counselling round, second counselling round and as a procedure for withdrawal notified in the counselling schedules. In that case, an amount of 1000 will be deducted and remaining amount will be refunded. After this, the candidate will only be considered for spot round.
Spot IPU CET Counselling (If required) -If vacant seats are still left, then admission authority will conduct the spot counselling in offline mode.
GGSIPU B.Tech Course List
Qualified candidates for counselling can find the various B.Tech courses offered by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). Candidates need to select their choice of course during the IPU CET B.Tech Counselling:
|S.No||B.Tech Courses Offered by GGSIPU|
|1.||Computer Science Engineering|
|2.||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|6.||Instrumentation & Control Engineering|
|8.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
So, Candidates who have qualified the IPU CET 2018 exam must read this article to know about the IPU CET counselling procedure and seat allotment for admission to undergraduate B.Tech programme.